Marksman DLC?

Bushwick

More guns for more camping and KoSing!

Seriously though... some of these guns should have been in from the start. There was not enough 7.62 variants... now there is!

So if I hold you up Bandit RP style a-la-DayZ you will give me what I ask for? :P

More guns for more camping and KoSing!

Seriously though... some of these guns should have been in from the start. There was not enough 7.62 variants... now there is!

I've been very lucky to have good players on my server most do not KOS at all but RP hardcore and help each other!  I know from my DayZ and Breaking Point Days that is a rare thing these days!

@KnightsTemplar - You're willing to "donate" for perks but not buy DLC?  I'm sure that makes sense in your mind.....somehow.

@CrazyCorky - It seems as if you cry about KoS at least once a day.  Play PvE or pull up your big girl panties.

Fancy someone in a Military simulator wanting to kill you.

@KnightsTemplar - You're willing to "donate" for perks but not buy DLC?  I'm sure that makes sense in your mind.....somehow.

@CrazyCorky - It seems as if you cry about KoS at least once a day.  Play PvE or pull up your big girl panties.

na i just think they being the usual money grabing twats , not allow any kinda of in game perks per donation because it doesnt go in their pockets, but yet they will happily charge $60 dollars for what is meant to be a miltary game with about 5 guns (ok maybe little over 5) then release packs call them DLC and ask for more money..

@Bushwick just so its clear i dont support pay to win nor am i server admin, but i just find it funny that that bohemia want to dig deeper in my poket for a game that should have alot more weapns to start, this pack should be included for free in my opnion .

Have to say DLC's do grind with me to... NOT that I'd object to paying for a DLC at all, bought loads for other games in my time but as Knights says... GRATES HARD.. when THEY say "NO PAY TO WIN"... then SELL better guns to players and call it a DLC! Personally...on my server Players can use the Karts and heli's from the  DLC's...BUT!!!... they will still get  to warning/adverts SUGGESTING they buy them... that the NON DlC owners do NOT get... IMHO Seems to be the fairest way! Also serves as a bit of a tester to allow players the chance to see what's in the pack's and decide IF they want to buy them...good for Bohemia.. but if not does not give any in game advantages to anyone other than a clearer view if bought due to no adverts for a DLC!

Not yet looked at marksman but unless I can allow ALL to use it... it won't be going on my server!

Edit:

As some seem to  think I am Anti DLC...I am NOT at all..

It is purely that it grates against the DO NOT PAY TO WIN RULES....

(I do not agree with pay to win in the slightest...

but do agree that providers should have some way of compensation for their costs)

I have NEVER taken a penny from  a player to provide the servers I have had and still do provide...

I provide them as a hobby...

yes I probably spend £30 to £40 a month in extra internet and electric I do not need, to provide servers 24/7,

but if I'm honest I'd rather do that than pay some of the POOR unresponsive hosts out there...

I have used hosts before and been very unsatisfied in a few ways..

So as my hobby I provide what I do free.. if players want something changed.. I consider it.. for the good of all not just the one,

IF i can't provide it I will say sorry no, and suggest a server that may have it...

I provide the servers like a lot whether used or not...

I do it for me and the few that have followed me over the years..

If the time comes when I can't afford to provide anything I will ask for help...

But you won't get anything in return...

The only exception to this is if you have worked hard for my community and I have considered you a trust worth chap/or lady to become an admin, any benefits you gain from this WILL NOT have come via donations but via your time and effort put into the community..

Should I still not be able to afford to run servers (it has happened for a while) I close down and my players and I have to go play elsewhere till MY finances Improve...

I think players SHOULD support the work Bohemia do and buy the VERY CHEAP DLC packages they have tried and liked..

But only those..and currently I provide a glimpse of what they are missing by unlocking the packs ..but I still leaving my support to bohemia intact..

IE the adverts suggestion you buy will still be visible.. if you do not own,

I provide a small tester..if you don't like the background adverts.. buy the pack...

If you don't like my way of doing things... there are plenty off other good servers out there...

If you like bornholm go jump on -UG- 's excellent server it's where I fell in love with the map..

I only made my own because myself and my guys where not so keen on the hardcore aspect there..

So I made my own with the help off others.. including Uro himself...this is what I love about this community.. we all help each other.. show each other ways and means etc..

There is so much choice out there.. ( to much looking at each servers player levels sometimes) but bohemia has made a damn fine product and all you guys have added to it to make it the only thing out there I keep coming back to...

Try the DLC's buy them or not totally your choice.. but I won't ever force a player to buy more than the arma 3 package period!

Hope this clears up my attitude to DLC's and bohemia:)

Get out there try the stuff buy the stuff but for god sake enjoy your playtime!

I do love these DLC threads that crop up every now and then,... DLC's enhance the game through expansion (extra vehicles/weapons/skins/features) and the platform updates that go hand in hand with the DLC's - expanding features of the game - everyone gets these.

They also expand the abilities of modders through improvements in the game mechanics, extra code functions/commands, more config options, more features, more content, improvements to the overall engine - BIS do listen to the community and actively respond to issues/suggestions on the feedback tracker - again helping to improve and build upon the game itself.

I'm sure everyone will be getting the expansion when it comes out - because it will incorporate a new terrain (who isnt bored of the Mediterranean yet?) and there will be more gripes about that im sure..

But nobody gripes about the free platform updates they get when every DLC/Expansion is released.. Without the development and purchase of the DLC's none of the cool stuff we have now would have been added to the game (FFV / Logistics / AFM - to name a few) - The DLC's help to fund the continued development and enhancement of Arma 3.  

The way that BIS are doing the DLC's now - optional - they aren't required to play on server's running DLC - compared to Arma 2 / Operation Arrowhead - where you could only play on those server's IF you have the expansion - is a fuckton better allowing ANYONE to play on ANY server.

Overall it's a vast improvement to the way DLC/Expansions are handled in the Armaverse. 

And for those who dont support DLC's (I do see your point, even if I do not agree with them :) ) - you get the platform updates for FREE, with every DLC/Expansion that's developed - So how can DLC's be a bad thing? ;)

Anyway, I'll leave you with this video from Dslyecxi - that is definately worth a watch all the way through - it crosses some serious points regarding DLC and Arma in general.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh3webkCo4Y

Only DLC practices im against is the ones where a company *coughCAPCOMcough* locks content thats on the disc when it ships only to make you buy a key at a later date.

If a company wants to continue work on their games and add small DLC, then im happy to pay for them.

I can understand some frustration but at the end of the day BI is a business , I don't know many businesses that can continually update a product for free and still remain in business. They have to pay staff and overheads to work on the game , therefore charging a small price for DLc is perfectly reasonable. I like to think of the DLC as my donation for them to continue to support and update the base game.

should more weapons and systems been added to the base game before shipping? yeh maybe so , but I bought it and have almost 2000 hours played. im happy to pay for more DLC if they continually improve the game and release content.

I own A1, A2 and A3 plus all DLC available, why ? because BIS are a small company that should be supported :)

I mean how many hundreds of hours have we played ? mine is almost 1300 for A3 and over double that for A2, so when you compare money spent to hours played you'll see it awesome value :D

I've already updated my loot and scripts with the new weapons, so players can use them the second they get released, other servers can remove them if they choose, that's the thing about ArmA, you can do things your way, name another game the same ?

Just added Marksman to my list of owned DLC...

guess i should now find a list of the new wep's and get some added to mine..

I'll probably never play it as an addon but a few nice new things in game might be nice..

People got spoiled many years ago when games released updates and what is now called "DLC" for free.  At some point game studios realized all the money they were losing and started using DLC as a way to fund further development of their games.  Some people call this being greedy.  Others realize that game studios are a business, and they have to make money to continue being in business.  Otherwise the games you love to play won't be around for long.  

I look at it like this....if you go to a movie theater you're going to spend around $15.  And that's just for a ticket.  Throw in a drink and a bucket of popcorn and you can add at least another $5 to that.  So that $20 gets you ~ 2 hours of entertainment.  If you go to a bowling alley, the same thing applies.  $20 gets you about 2 hours of entertainment and fun with some friends.  With games like Arma or CoD or Battlefield, you pay $60 up front and then typically $15 for each DLC pack.  All of those usually total around $45 if you get all the DLCs.  Now, figure out how many hours you have playing Arma or CoD or Battlefield for that $105 total.  I'd venture to say that your dollars paid per hour of entertainment is WAY higher than what you'd get out of going to a movie.  There is lots of value in DLC, both for players and game studios. 

@ TuBz

//Weapons

"srifle_DMR_02_ACO_F",
"srifle_DMR_02_ARCO_F",
"srifle_DMR_02_camo_AMS_LP_F",
"srifle_DMR_02_camo_F",
"srifle_DMR_02_DMS_F",
"srifle_DMR_02_F",
"srifle_DMR_02_MRCO_F",
"srifle_DMR_02_sniper_AMS_LP_S_F",
"srifle_DMR_02_sniper_F",
"srifle_DMR_02_SOS_F"

"srifle_DMR_03_ACO_F",
"srifle_DMR_03_ARCO_F",
"srifle_DMR_03_DMS_F",
"srifle_DMR_03_DMS_snds_F",
"srifle_DMR_03_F",
"srifle_DMR_03_khaki_F",
"srifle_DMR_03_MRCO_F",
"srifle_DMR_03_multicam_F",
"srifle_DMR_03_SOS_F",
"srifle_DMR_03_spotter_F",
"srifle_DMR_03_tan_AMS_LP_F",
"srifle_DMR_03_tan_F",
"srifle_DMR_03_woodland_F"

"srifle_DMR_04_ACO_F",
"srifle_DMR_04_ARCO_F",
"srifle_DMR_04_DMS_F",
"srifle_DMR_04_F",
"srifle_DMR_04_MRCO_F",
"srifle_DMR_04_NS_LP_F",
"srifle_DMR_04_SOS_F",
"srifle_DMR_04_Tan_F"

"srifle_DMR_05_ACO_F",
"srifle_DMR_05_ARCO_F",
"srifle_DMR_05_blk_F",
"srifle_DMR_05_DMS_F",
"srifle_DMR_05_DMS_snds_F",
"srifle_DMR_05_hex_F",
"srifle_DMR_05_KHS_LP_F",
"srifle_DMR_05_MRCO_F",
"srifle_DMR_05_SOS_F",
"srifle_DMR_05_tan_F"

"srifle_DMR_06_camo_F",
"srifle_DMR_06_camo_khs_F",
"srifle_DMR_06_olive_F"

"MMG_01_base_F",
"MMG_01_hex_ACRO_LP_F",
"MMG_01_hex_F",
"MMG_01_tan_F",

"MMG_02_base_F",
"MMG_02_black_F",
"MMG_02_camo_F",
"MMG_02_sand_F",
"MMG_02_sand_RCO_LP_F"

// Ammo

"150Rnd_93x64_Mag",
"10Rnd_338_Mag",
"20Rnd_762x51_Mag",
"10Rnd_127x54_Mag",
"10Rnd_93x64_DMR_05_Mag",
"20Rnd_762x51_Mag"

Here's a link to a complete list of all items classnames coming as part of the DLC.  This list includes suppressors, bipods, new vests and uniforms and also scopes.  I wouldn't use the uniforms though, as the Epoch team will have to configure them to prevent the duping glitch.

You're funny. Show me another posts everyday where I've complain about KoS?

Also if you look at the second line of my post you *SHOULD* be able to figure out that there was sarcasm involved. Sadly I guess it was lost on you!

Edited by CrazyCorky