X-CAM 1.0 released!

Darth_Rogue

Just FYI, that map will never be playable in multiplayer. :P

Have you looked at it? I was playing around with it a few months ago, but it probably has a bit more added to it now. It's a fairly small map though.

We were considering it for Epoch but I don't think it's suited. Seems perfect for a life rpg mod, but the last time I looked at it it was too small, not enough trees, and you really had to stick to the roads because there were too many rocks and other objects.

I've been using it since it was released  and it by far blows other map editors out of the water. And the video documentation videos is a nice touch to show every single feature actually being used.

http://www.x-cam-editor.de/

Had a play for the day with it over last weekend.  It very much feels like more of a Photoshop level of editor than a Lightroom level.  Of course the downside is the learning curve but the videos help.  There seemed to be a few bugs with the sqf export code but they were easily fixed (missing } and ; in one or two places).

Need to be careful not to use the X-Cam obects so as not to create a dependancy on having to include X-Cam with the map but most translate to ARMA 3 objects easily enough or you can choose not to generate them on first run.

Makes 'dressing' the map and more importantly, exporting the results much easier although it is still quite a task that takes a lot of time.

I now need to go through the tutorials so I can start to leverage the more advanced features as that will speed stuff up greatly. 

Highly recommended editor.