Question to owners/developers

SorryImSoAce

Hi there, I just registered because I have a few questions. I am a long time Epoch/Overpoch player with absolutely zero knowledge of scripting or modding etc so don't be offended by anything ridiculous.

Can anyone tell me if there are, or ever will be, servers on Arma 3 which are like the Arma 2 version of the mod? So basically the same traders, missions, base-building as an Arma 2 DayZ Epoch server but in Arma 3 with the better graphics and mechanics etc.

Also I have an idea which could improve kill on sight; The ability to 'like' or 'dislike' a player from the screen that shows all of the players in a list, with a HUD feature which shows whether or not you like the player you are looking at and if you shoot at them, they can kill you with no penalty or maybe humanity reward.. Then this could better distribute Humanity if players only kill those that they 'disliked' and bandits do not have the ability to like or dislike players. This idea isn't perfect and maybe sounds better in my head but could be adapted upon to try create incentive to not just kill everyone, which is what I feel this mod really needs.

I also think roaming police AI could be good, kind of like the Sarge AI that shoot at bandits, help survivors and heroes, kill zombies and maybe give medical treatment.

Maybe increased health, less scope sway and better accuracy for players with high humanity, because we all know they are at a disadvantage against backstabbers or KOS players. This is another incentive not to kill innocent players and bandits will have something to fear. I know this maybe crossing the 'levelling up/RPG' boundary but this could be fun and add a new spin on to the game and, I think, make it more fun for survivors, heroes, bandits AND kill on sight players.

Arma 3 has massive potential though and look forward to seeing what is actually done.

Thanks for reading :-)

You can't fully make arma 2 dayz epoch work with arma 3 as the dayz assets are not allowed to be used in Arma 3.

It could be done if written from scratch and new assets were added but we might as well make a new mod if we are doing that, which we did.

Now that the distracting, restrictive MANW contest is over, I'd love to see the dev team create zombies for the game. You know, as an alternative to the theme we endure now?

A little bird tells me that Axle is now a creative member of the team. Keep streaming those baby steps, buddy. Lol.

Now that the distracting, restrictive MANW contest is over, I'd love to see the dev team create zombies for the game. You know, as an alternative to the theme we endure now?

A little bird tells me that Axle is now a creative member of the team. Keep streaming those baby steps, buddy. Lol.

no zombies. they are all dead. sorry.

you want some construct?

tall guy

2014-09-25_00001.jpg

also massive deal on sappers: buy-one-get-twenty-free (bonus: comes with free fireworks too!)

handsome

15011101.jpg

no zombies. they are all dead. sorry.

you want some construct?

tall guy

2014-09-25_00001.jpg

also massive deal on sappers: buy-one-get-twenty-free (bonus: comes with free fireworks too!)

handsome

15011101.jpg

I would not play on a server that has that rock guy in it, oh wait i am not playing as it it is right now lol , my playing time on epoch went from 2.5 mins to 0.5 mins after last update, it seems to be the theme for my epoch play right now.

I am actually slowly runing out of hope as I keep saying to my self it still early alphabut but yet with each new update i am finding it less enjoyable. that rock guy is gonna be fun for 2 mins if at all, its not gonna excite any players, or bring them back, i mean i can imagine the converstation i will be having with my group, which is often come back lets play epoch, it has a new creature its a moving rock as well as a sapper boss that blows up you know that sapper u liked .. Yea right! lol

I would not play on a server that has that rock guy in it, oh wait i am not playing as it it is right now lol , my playing time on epoch went from 2.5 mins to 0.5 mins after last update, it seems to be the theme for my epoch play right now.

I am actually slowly runing out of hope as I keep saying to my self it still early alphabut but yet with each new update i am finding it less enjoyable. that rock guy is gonna be fun for 2 mins if at all, its not gonna excite any players, or bring them back, i mean i can imagine the converstation i will be having with my group, which is often come back lets play epoch, it has a new creature its a moving rock as well as a sapper boss that blows up you know that sapper u liked .. Yea right! lol

what rock guy? Never saw anything. I thought it was a hoax and the new creature is a Phantom with boss sapper (which is just like a walking satchel).

So how does it look like? Any screenshots?