Offline dedicated test server

Ganja

High all, I'm attempting to set up an offline server for myself, as I will be at a location without internet. I would like to set this up so that I may practice and maintain my scripting abilities.

I got all the required files and what not. Redis server starts up and awaits connection, which I can connect to using Redis desktop manager, so I know the settings are good. I start the game server and Bec starts band connects properly, and I can see the game server in the server list. But when I connect to it, I get kicked. I've checked and rechecking the connection info, password and IP stuff is all matching. Even completely redid stuff a few times. I have set up many servers in the past both locally and remotely, so I'm not a total newb at this. I did not copy the game files from install directory, as I have in the past when setting up an A2 server, instead I have been using the steamCmd. Method to get server files. While looking through the log files and RPT logs, I see mention of something to do with unable to create server while in offline mode. I can provide the log files at another time, as I forgot to bring them with me. I should also mention that I am also not able to use the international games ability to host a LAN server from the server list, says Epoch loading, but just hangs at 1/3 loading for 5min then map loads. Hitting continue results in a loading loop.

Any help is appreciated, and if required more info on this will follow.

Can't be "online" if there is no internet connection. I remember there was a way back in the day for setting up an offline server for A2 and Dayz, think it was called Daizy or something like that.

Here is my local RPT log file

====================================================================

== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -noFilePatching "-mod=@Epoch" -nobenchmark -nosplash -nologs -skipIntro -world=empty -enableHT

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_DX11

Exe timestamp: 2015/03/02 15:29:40

Current time: 2015/04/03 22:14:31

Type: Public

Branch: Stable

Version: 1.40.129533

Allocator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll

=====================================================================

22:14:31 ManagerConfig()

22:14:31 Entering off-line mode. Callbacks and content list updates will not work.

Will post server RPT a bit later, as I'm using my phone to post this.

• 9 months later...

Hi, This is an old topic, but I wanted to have a bit of a rant here, since, ummn, the thought that a game I spent $$ on is deliberately crippled...no technological reason whatsoever... to not work without steam being online/or a connection to the internet available is absurd. I have also confirmed this, when trying to connect to a dedicated arma 2 OA server running localhost with a dayz based mod (like epoch), on my development box to playtest a mod I'm working on. Its this type of deliberately crippling a product that makes people look for cracks, just to have a decent product that works like it should. 

Getting the same player identity not found errors as well. 

Feel just as frustrated as this guy: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/150035-you-cant-join-lan-dedicated-server-without-internet-connection-wtf/