Hello Community,

I'm having some issues with vehicles de-spawning. I'm running the Gigacraft Admin Menu (because f1 dosent work) and am able to spawn any vehicle. However it only stays there for a couple of seconds before de-spawning/disappearing. I've got all my AH & BE settings to OFF and couldn't find any mention's of the disappearing vehicles in the logs (logs folder).

I'm relatively new to this and was able to get this far reading through the forums, couldn't find much pertaining to the vehicle de-spawn except this thread that didn't do the trick for me. 

On a second note i'm using the Gigacraft Admin Menu because I cannot access the main EpochMod Admin menu. I've setup my epochah.hpp file with the proper x64 SteamID & I believe it's setup correctly. The Key binding is in fact set to F1 key but upon svr login after /#login (adminpass) still no admin menu

Any help much appreciated. Sry i'm only 2 days into this & haven't found these issues anywhere yet.

P.S. The 1's & TDAWG in the epochah.hpp file i've uploaded to this post off course are replaced with the proper x64ID & name on my svr.

epochah.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Im an Arma Server beginner and i have the same issue like Traksion (vehicles despawn right after spawning). Because this topic is not described in the install instructions It would be nice to get detailed instruction about the despawn problem.

Best would be a step by step solution.

Thanks in advance

Aiv3n

Hi all

Im an Arma Server beginner and i have the same issue like Traksion (vehicles despawn right after spawning). Because this topic is not described in the install instructions It would be nice to get detailed instruction about the despawn problem.

Best would be a step by step solution.

Thanks in advance

Aiv3n

Hi Aiv3n, and welcome to the Epochmod Forum.:)

First, I suggest that you get familiar with the following forum sections:

- Tutorials: http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/77-tutorials/

- Server Install Help: http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/62-server-install-help/

After that, please review the following important topics (in no particular order):

- Common Setup Issues:

- What can be and can not be changed:

- How to Edit BE Filters:

- How to set up a Test Server on your own PC to test things:

To close this topic out - there is no issue with vehicles despawning after spawning... Epoch is doing EXACTLY what it is supposed to do and cleans the server up when things are not spawning in correctly.

The above issue that Traksion had, was due to:

- Not having the Epoch Admin tools set up properly

- Trying to use a script in the Mission.pbo to spawn something that has to be spawned by the server (default Admin tools spawns it from server). 

Once you have had a chance to look into the links above, tried something out on your own test server and still have questions or issues and are able to provide details on what you have already tried - let us know.

Hi Glenn

Thank you for your answer. Il read your Informations about Epoch Server. At the moment i have a test server up and running(Search for Siffgamers or Join 46.126.22.211:2322). The built in Admin Tool works fine. I installed SEM, Earplugs, Andres Convoy and the EtV script. All works fine.

Now i missed some HMG vehicles like the Strider or Hunter and i found Gigacrafts Mod. Now the core issue, I have installed it in the mpmissions\epoch.altis.pbo. here in this thread i read this is only client side and there are some mods which needs also some modificaion in the @epochhive\addons folder (serverside). I also read that this missing modifications are the reason for vehicles which are despawn right after the spawn.

Where i can find these files which are needed serverside? Or how do i have to implement them?

The other issue is that the Gigacraft Admin menu is two times available in the mousewheel window. Also an issue which is mentioned in a thread but no solution inside.

I followed the install instructions whats to do inside the epoch.altis.pbo but there are no informations about the @epochhive\addons folder

best regards

Aiv3n

Well I haven't looked at the script directly but if there are menus for player and admins this is why you see 2, as for vehicles despawning someone will have to find or share the server side pbo with you.

Hi Glenn

Thank you for your answer. Il read your Informations about Epoch Server. At the moment i have a test server up and running(Search for Siffgamers or Join 46.126.22.211:2322). The built in Admin Tool works fine. I installed SEM, Earplugs, Andres Convoy and the EtV script. All works fine.

Now i missed some HMG vehicles like the Strider or Hunter and i found Gigacrafts Mod. Now the core issue, I have installed it in the mpmissions\epoch.altis.pbo. here in this thread i read this is only client side and there are some mods which needs also some modificaion in the @epochhive\addons folder (serverside). I also read that this missing modifications are the reason for vehicles which are despawn right after the spawn.

Where i can find these files which are needed serverside? Or how do i have to implement them?

The other issue is that the Gigacraft Admin menu is two times available in the mousewheel window. Also an issue which is mentioned in a thread but no solution inside.

I followed the install instructions whats to do inside the epoch.altis.pbo but there are no informations about the @epochhive\addons folder

best regards

Aiv3n

Take a look at the following Tutorial for adding vehicles to your server in a way that dont require you to add a third party Admin tool that you dont really need: 

Thanks for your hint Glenn. I ll check out the tutorial.

I recognized that when i try to spawn a vehicle with built in Admin Tool and the vehicle limit is reached there s a log entry about the limit but ingame is nothing happening. 

Could it be that the scripts from Gigacraft are spawning a vehicle, the server is recognizing that the limit is reached and will despawn it directly? I could imagine that this would give a happening like mine(spawning and despawning).

I will check this out to a later time, first i will study the tutorial you mentioned.

Glenn can you please try to connect to my server. Im asking myself how the experiences are from outside. The server is in my lan. My bandwith is 250mbit/15mbit.

Best regards

Aiv3n

PS: Now i have some HMG's Thanks a lot.