Taxi & Bus | Transport for Arma

mgm

My Bad looking at it in a hurry, I have installed but I need to go over it because I am not seeing any Taxi Dispatcher so must of got something wrong.

In the clientside init the line  if (!isServer) then { [] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\mgmTfA\psczvuznuilitltt.sqf"; };

Does that have to be the whole line as I already have if (!isServer) then in there already.

Yup that's all - you can keep your file as is, just add this to the very bottom, it should stil work.

NEW VERSION RELEASED

• Find it in the usual release location.
  • Filename is: release_package_v.0.3.0__b9495c1d6a994df9e52fb5174bf3d6e6b3779b64.7z
  • Changes: A couple of debug notices that were left on in error is now turned off. We are talking about 5 messages per server start, in server RPT ("file xyz is loading" and so on).
  • Upgrade Notice: IMO no need to upgrade just for this.

Hmm, mgmTfA.pbo is in and loaded but I am not seeing any taxi or map markers.

I am going to have to change that init line as I Just entered the [] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\mgmTfA\psczvuznuilitltt.sqf";  within the existing if is server.

That should not have effected the Taxi map markers and dispatchers though should it ?

Hmm, mgmTfA.pbo is in and loaded but I am not seeing any taxi or map markers.

I am going to have to change that init line as I Just entered the [] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\mgmTfA\psczvuznuilitltt.sqf";  within the existing if is server.

That should not have effected the Taxi map markers and dispatchers though should it ?

You will not see a Taxi unless you call one so that's normal.

Not seeing map markers is not normal.

So we are talking about this one below, right?

if (!isServer) then {	[] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\mgmTfA\psczvuznuilitltt.sqf";	};

If so, it does have a small ! at the left end of isServer which basically negates the meaning - just checking that it's not a typo?

If you copy and paste the basic statement (as shown below) into your existing !isServer (with exclamation mark) in init.sqf, it should work yes.

[] call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\mgmTfA\psczvuznuilitltt.sqf";

I am surprised to hear (map markers) not working as it is basic code that is running on the server-side, even AH should not mess with it.

EDIT:

With the new version it can not work on the map is nothing to see of taxi

ulli,

You're running this alpha mod on a test server - right? Do you have the option to turn off your 3rd party AH for a second to test?

I assume it's your AH getting in the way, if you can turn it off and re-launch the server we can be sure.

"I am surprised to hear (map markers) not working as it is basic code that is running on the server-side, even AH should not mess with it."

I know and I am running default AH, I am not seeing any errors in the rpt pertaining to this script although I am getting some for stanag ammo and scopes but I will get to that later.

Without InfiStar it also does not work

It is consistently working for me, no idea why it's not working for you.

Now that I have a release package to test, I do have the option to start with a brand new setup (Arma 3 files + Epoch files + single release package file from my development environment and nothing else) and test your experience.

I will do this tomorrow and test with default Epoch AH settings (AH enabled and AH disabled).

I will let you guys know

If I find any issues obviously an update will be posted. Until then, not much to be done on my end unfortunately.

If you want to do something in the interim, I suggest two things:

1. Try downloading the latest version (which I uploaded a minute ago) and follow the instructions step by step.

This build is not to fix your issue but to fix the cosmetic issue that created a warning on screen once per server join (more of an annoyance than an issue).

Check your server-side RPT and client-side RPT, they both should have the following:

0:34:41 "[mgmTfA] [blah.sqf] VERSION INFO: Transport for Arma (0.3.0). [VerRevSumNum: (30)] mgmTfA_Client_Init is: (1)"

0:34:20 "[mgmTfA] [njrzfwvqzbhlnvnb.sqf] VERSION INFO: Transport for Arma 0.3.0 [VerRevSumNum: (30)]"

If you don't see the above it means script is not even loading, could be a path issue. A  broken PBO / 7zip archive file would do that (even though I had only one broken PBO so far so it's extremely unlikely).

2. Once you do the above one other thing you can try is: find the configuration file on the server-side (_settings.hpp) and set verbosity to maximum option 5 both for server & client and restart and inspect RPTs.

// server-side RPT logging verbosity		default = 0
mgmTfA_configgv_serverVerbosityLevel												= 5;
// client-side RPT logging verbosity		default = 0
mgmTfA_configgv_clientVerbosityLevel												= 5;

I am posting this as reference for potential future issues however in your case, if you still see nothing at all in step 1 (after downloading the latest build, BUILD04), then step 2 won't make much difference because the file in step2 are loaded into memory via step 1.

no step 1 = no step 2 :(

NEW VERSION RELEASED

v.0.3.0.build04

• Find it in the usual release location.
  • Filename is: release_package_v.0.3.0.build04.zip
  • Changes: A couple of debug notices that were left on in error is now turned off. We are talking about 5 messages per server start, in server RPT ("file xyz is loading" and so on).
  • Upgrade Notice: IMO no need to upgrade just for this.

You might have noticed, I dropped the hash based filename for now. I will use build01, build04 etc. for the time being even though I dislike manually assigning names which is error prone.

I will look into adding a hash generator to build script but for the time being manual it is.

EDIT: Use the .ZIP file instead of .7z

FYI:

Just downloaded the 7z file from GitLab to test and it did not successfully extract. I really hope you guys both had the same issue with me (i.e. packed archive file being corrupt) rather than script related as that would be the easiest solution

If anybody else tests this later tonight/tomorrow please use the ZIP file and let us know how you get on.

Likewise, taking step 1! lol

First it is working with infiSTAR I have it going with no problem on my test server.  I am noting all the filters and will post them when complete.  Only problem I have found so far is the scroll option at the dispatchers is not working.  Only way is to hit "insert" key and do click and go but its working for both admin and non admin players.

Well here are the filters I had to add to get the script working with infiSTAR.... "ClickNGo" is working fine for admins and non admin players. The Central dispatcher's menu appears fine, calls for a taxi fine, but only about 50% of the time the taxi arrives mostly just sitting at 0MPH until it times out.  The East and West spawn dispatchers do not work at all, no notification, no menu to call a taxi.

******Script.txt filters*********

setMarker = !"lay 46)}; [] execVM "custom\mgmTfA\ftiirvgdonrqmlbt.sqf"; deleteMarker "clickNGoTaxiChosenPosition"; mgmTfA_dynamicgv_thisPlayer"

addEventHandler = !"["vehiclePayNowMenuStatus", 1, false]; _getInEvent = _x addEventHandler ["GetIn", {_this spawn pjnrjlufglijnmup}]; _discoveredNe"

deleteMarker = !"lay 46)}; [] execVM "custom\mgmTfA\ftiirvgdonrqmlbt.sqf"; deleteMarker "clickNGoTaxiChosenPosition"; mgmTfA_dynamicgv_thisPlayer"

onMapSingleClick = !" SET DESTINATION"]; systemChat (str _yojhefzumkeobggd); onMapSingleClick " clickNGoTaxiChosenDestinationMarker = createMarkerLoc"

createMarker = !" onMapSingleClick " clickNGoTaxiChosenDestinationMarker = createMarkerLocal [""clickNGoTaxiChosenPosition"",_pos]; clickNGoTaxiC"

displayAddEventHandler = !"e bottom of screen" ]; hintC_arr_EH = findDisplay 72 displayAddEventHandler ["unload", { 0 = _this spawn { _this select 0 displa"

displayRemoveEventHandler = !"dler ["unload", { 0 = _this spawn { _this select 0 displayRemoveEventHandler ["unload", hintC_arr_EH]; hintSilent ""; }; }];"

*****Other File Filters******

setvariable.txt = !"mgmtfa_dispatcher" = true 2:1074 C_man_polo_1_F"

publicvariable.txt = !"mgmTfA_pvdb_PUIDsAndPlayernamesTextStringArray" !"mgmTfA_gv_pvs_req_clickNGoTaxiToMyPositionPleaseConfirmPacket" !"mgmTfA_gv_PV_SU1lePointer" !"menuAttachedStatus" !"mgmTfA_gv_PV_SU3lePointer" = 0"

!!!!Had to set my publicvariable.txt to a "3" instead of "5"!!!!

Well here are the filters I had to add to get the script working with infiSTAR.... "ClickNGo" is working fine for admins and non admin players. The Central dispatcher's menu appears fine, calls for a taxi fine, but only about 50% of the time the taxi arrives mostly just sitting at 0MPH until it times out. The East and West spawn dispatchers do not work at all, no notification, no menu to call a taxi.

******Script.txt filters*********

setMarker = !"lay 46)}; [] execVM "custom\mgmTfA\ftiirvgdonrqmlbt.sqf"; deleteMarker <snip>

Thanks for the detailed testing and sharing the information.

I will add these to the project documentation and the 1st post and give you credit and look into two taxi dispatchers not working issue tonight.

Some changes today:

1. I have now fixed the 1st post screwed issue -- this was due to an update on iPad this morning. Lesson learned.

2. Please note that latest version build04 -that was uploaded last night- also has a modification to Installation Instructions.

3. Gen0cide's BattlEye filter information added to relevant Issue Tracker issue, relevant documentation file in project git repo and to the

4. Gen0cide added to CREDITS - thanks a lot for the feedback :)

hey bud if you would like a live test server to try it out let me no I would be more than happy to help you out

Wow that looks brilliant!! I would also be more than willing to test this out for you if you'd like?

Cant wait to see this in action!

Hi Mgm! Good work! its Epah Friendly?

This looks amazing MGM, really good work. Would also like to test and provide assistance where possible for you. PM me if interested. Server is WWCY - We Will Cut You. Epoch 0.3.0.1

Interested in testing this out. Been using the other Taxi service and players are giving all positive marks, but they want to be able to go more places and not have it break so much. So think they'd like this script even better.

Looks awesome, mgm nice work!!

Thank you, checking it out now.

Here is a call to all supporters / people who LIKEd this, namely:

viper179

R4ziel

emmenboy

jaikaiman

CoercionX

San

spartan

guys I am working on this tonight, please report any issues you might find.

I am in the process of setting up a new test environment with latest Arma 3 + Epoch + TfA only using release package (and no other development files) so I should be able to reproduce any issus you might find but still more eyes looking at it the better.

Task #1 is creating proper full list of BattlEye filters which should be up in the git repo by the end of tonight.

Adding this in to my rebuild now, fantastic work can't wait to use it. And it ties into my next big change perfectly

Good to hear that! :)

You might want to know early results from my testing: battleye filters require some attention, I am working on it right now and I will post a definitive list hopefully tonight.

Good deal, im hoping to have most of it done tonight with the goal of making it live this evening, but im pretty sure im behind schedule as it is now.

Since it is 2AM here now it appears I will have to postpone BE filter publishing a bit :(

This BE keyword collecting across tens of files is taking more than I expected (looks like 2-3+ hours) and not fun at all. I did it for 20 minutes and gave up.

All hope is not lost however.

Tonight I wrote a tool for that which should reduce the total inital BE compilation time to 1 hour or less and in the future only few seconds. I will compile the list and release ASAP (if all goes well, sometime tomorrow).

If you do not wish to wait you can build on the version 0.1 of BE filters that was contributed by Gen0cide:

Keen to hear about your experience with TfA, good luck!

Ok, had an interesting evening with my project.

I was actually writing up the error's and such with RPT's and yada yada yada.

But after a second restart the errors stopped and the script is now functioning proper.

I did nothing in between...

However HELL YA this is sweetness.

Ok, had an interesting evening with my project.

I was actually writing up the error's and such with RPT's and yada yada yada.

But after a second restart the errors stopped and the script is now functioning proper.

I did nothing in between...

However HELL YA this is sweetness.

I'm glad it's sorted :)

When you say functioning properly: clickNGo working as expected && Fixed Destination Taxis working, right?

I am keen to hear feedback about the clickNGo Pay-As-You-Go fees, should be cheaper/more expensive per tick? What do you think about the initial 'booking fee'?

I'm glad it's sorted :)

When you say functioning properly: clickNGo working as expected && Fixed Destination Taxis working, right?

I am keen to hear feedback about the clickNGo Pay-As-You-Go fees, should be cheaper/more expensive per tick? What do you think about the initial 'booking fee'?

Yes ClickNGo and Fixed Destinations are working properly.

The insert key at any time and the scroll options when you enter a taxi point.

I did the Taxi point only late last night/early this morning, however you wanna look at it lol.

The 100 up front not too bad, however the 20 per 100m will be modified on my end to 5 or 10 per 100m.

And to stop the spamming of paying krypto, maybe set it to per 250m.

It was about once every few seconds on the side chat.

Or even use titletext or hints, clear up the side a bit.

Wow on the token id type filename structure!