[FEATURE REQUEST] Hoverboards (URGENT)

mgm

29 minutes ago, axeman said:

Where is the truck full of manure ?

WIP, can't expect all good things at once :P

Any ideas about Altis Life and code sharing? Do they share their code at all?
Can we simply take that bit of 'hoverboard' code from Altis Life and put into official Epoch if you guys want it (otherwise as a 3rd party add on for Epoch server owners).

In worst case scenario someone can still re-invent the wheel and code it from scratch. Having seen it in action I'm convinced this dream (of seeing it in Epoch) will become real one day.

edit: I mean altis life, not arma life.

edit: I checked Altis Life, apparently they had some project management drama, an ex girlfriend getting servers DDoS'd, banned, unbanned, developers splitting to form a new project and so on. I found a github but no code relevant to hoverboard.

I doubt the hoverboard code is available anywhere except one dev dude's harddrive.

19 hours ago, axeman said:

Could be done now: player attachto [UAV, [0,0,0.4];

Might take some coding to auto attach the UAV control and move the camera back to the player. Not forgetting the insane power usage :)

Damn, am going to try this now..

hey axeman, got a chance to try it out yesterday?

On 5/6/2016 at 4:55 PM, axeman said:

Just a quick concept in the editor, need to handle things like crashing and maybe setting a max height :)

Am days away from finishing the missions update, will add it as an option on the trader menu, at least in experimental.

I'm here for the daily motivational support for axeman!

1-Motivational-Quotes.jpg

so axeman... what's your prediction for hoverboards release date, when you think it will be available for all to enjoy? :tongue:

• 4 months later...
On 06/05/2016 at 4:55 PM, axeman said:

Just a quick concept in the editor, need to handle things like crashing and maybe setting a max height :)

Am days away from finishing the missions update, will add it as an option on the trader menu, at least in experimental.

hey axeman, how did the testing go? :)

:) I have some concept code.

Not really had time to do any game work recently, RL getting in the way again. Have just finished a long term contract and getting my business back up to the point where it can support us all.

Happy to post the concept code to the GIT if someone wants to pick it up.

4 hours ago, axeman said:

:) I have some concept code.

Not really had time to do any game work recently, RL getting in the way again. Have just finished a long term contract and getting my business back up to the point where it can support us all.

Happy to post the concept code to the GIT if someone wants to pick it up.

Glad to hear business is back on track. I don't mind taking a look at the code if you ever find a minute to upload somewhere and thanks for looking at it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...