[FEATURE REQUEST] Hoverboards (URGENT)

mgm

no worries - it is good to hear others' opinions, hence my post in here :D

no zombies in 2035 though. technology is so advanced we can give you zombie computer games in 2035 if you like?

epoch PlayStation addon...

Playstation 7 by my reckoning release date 2034, based on past 6-7 yr development cycle. Available bundled with beta version of DayZ SA.  :blink:

+1 to this comment on their YouTube channel:

hs4eiqa.png

It is real but requires use of an electromagnetic field to repel allowing for the hover.

same basic principles as the mag lev trains.

Years ago when I was experimenting with magnetic fields I used opposite poles to propel small objects at insane speeds.

Hover boards are a reality, Lexus is about to unveil it at a Lexus built skatepark august 5th.

http://qz.com/466783/lexus-is-taking-its-honest-to-god-working-hoverboard-public/

...so it is 6th of August today... We know more about Lexus' product. Here is an article from mainstream tech media: http://www.cnet.com/news/the-lexus-hoverboard-is-real-video/

Good News not a marketing stunt & it does work.

Bad News it does not work anywhere near general public. This as you can imagine caused massive uproar all around the world!

not-happy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

sometimes I can't help but think, hoverboards is what can help make Epoch great again! yes it's already great but can be greater!

imagine thousands of Epoch 3 servers,  tens of thousands of players happily playing any time of day.
plus it is likely to make Epoch devs rich, healthy, successful and well liked.
don't think I'm saying this cause I want hoverboards. just the truth :)

edit: 'new' link from end of 2015:

ArcaBoard: The first real hoverboard?
http://www.gizmag.com/arcaboard-hoverboard-arca-aerospace/41063/

arcaboard-9.jpg?auto=format%2Ccompress&c

and there's also a video in the linked page! see it in action!

The hoverboard looks like a 80's radio :) Shouldnt it look like a skateboard without wheels?

I am defo up for this idea! +1 from me!

And if i got my 3D scanner to work properly then it shouldnt be that hard to reshape.

Aah, I do like this thread. There are ways to fly still, my lad and I had a competition at the weekend:

Who could fly their building part the furthest out to sea. I won with the wooden ramp, he has a few thing to learn yet :)

Though he did win on elevating to parachute height.. Must be getting old.

5 minutes ago, rvg?! said:

The hoverboard looks like a 80's radio :) Shouldnt it look like a skateboard without wheels?

I am defo up for this idea! +1 from me!

And if i got my 3D scanner to work properly then it shouldnt be that hard to reshape.

yes it is thick and not sexy. if you like fantasy models, check the pictures I posted earlier in the thread - the ones that look like "Back to the Future" film hoverboards. that's not possible with 2016 technology though...

there are other models that actually fly high in the air like this one:
http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/15/11439798/franky-zapata-racing-jet-powered-flying-hoverboard-interview

but it is almost impossible to control plus you're sitting on jet fuel, you might literally explode at some point.

that last one (thick one) in the previous post is again real with 2016 tech and "not exploding".
it is from a reputable(ish) space tech company. unfortunately flies only like 6 minutes at 20km/h speed so can't travel much.

this is where  epoch devs come into play. they can give us the real deal hoverboard which you can fly all day long anywhere in Altis. best thing in life. they're too busy though.

1 minute ago, axeman said:

Aah, I do like this thread. There are ways to fly still, my lad and I had a competition at the weekend:

Who could fly their building part the furthest out to sea. I won with the wooden ramp, he has a few thing to learn yet :)

Though he did win on elevating to parachute height.. Must be getting old.

before you lose all coding capacity due to old age add the hoverboards please :P