[FEATURE REQUEST] Hoverboards (URGENT)

mgm

hoverboard-coming-soon.jpg

I know probably shouldn't even post the obvious  but couldn't help it... As per unanimious decision the NEXT cool feature in Epoch (obviously) is Hoverboard - the personal transport of today (as of March 2035).

Please could we have this as soon as possible.

There is documented evidence that in a galaxy far far away as back as in year 1989 hoverboards were known to mankind as this wiki link from about 30 years ago prove:

A Hoverboard (or hover board) is a levitating board used for personal transportation in the films Back to the Future Part II and Back to the Future Part III. Hoverboards resemble a skateboard without wheels. Through special effects the film-makers depicted the boards hovering above the ground. During the 1990s there were rumors, fuelled by director Robert Zemeckis,[1] that hoverboards were in fact real, but not marketed because they were deemed too dangerous by parents' groups. These rumors have been conclusively debunked.[1] Some companies hoping to leverage the commercial success of the movies have marketed hovercraft vehicles as hoverboards, but these products have not been shown to replicate the experience depicted in the movies. Subsequent to the movies the hoverboard concept has been reused by many authors in various forms of media in fictional universes not directly related to Back to the Future. An inventor has created a prototype, magnetic hoverboard, the first of its kind outside of fiction able to provide an experience similar to those in films, though only as a levitating skateboard; currently, as the new hoverboard is a prototype researched and developed by individuals rather than significant companies, it is limited by technological and financial constraints.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoverboard

Thanks in advance!

Retro Hoverboard Revealed: Classic 2014 Model

NOTE: Obviously these are primitive early models as this TheGuardian article mention using magnetic-levitation technology

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/mar/06/hendo-hoverboard-arx-pax-2015-back-to-the-future

In our excellent mod, I would like modern hoverboard with nanofusion technology please. Thanks.

I wouldn't want this on my server, I want survival on the edge experience, not hippy feeling hoovering around everywhere! something for a game like Destiny if you into that stuff! defo not for epoch.

if you don't want it, sure it's your choice and you can turn it off just like some people turn off other features they dislike. I have a feeling this is coming though. most def.

lol do I get royalties for suggesting this first if it gets implemented :P

On a serious note, I don't want circus ferris wheels randomly spawning on the battle field either because lets face it they have absolutely no place in EPOCH but hey the dev's thought it fit so whats wrong with hover boards which are actually a reflection of the time/setting and fit with the lore/backstory to the mod?

lol do I get royalties for suggesting this first if it gets implemented :P

On a serious note, I don't want circus ferris wheels randomly spawning on the battle field either because lets face it they have absolutely no place in EPOCH but hey the dev's thought it fit so whats wrong with hover boards which are actually a reflection of the time/setting and fit with the lore/backstory to the mod?

I understand the concerns as posted above; nobody wants to turn Epoch to circus - I assure you at least not me!

As you said, this is valid, time frame-consistent means of transport.

C'mon now we all go to work and shopping on hoverboards, it's 2035 dudes...

Please don't be like our grandpa's, I get it they don't understand all this nanofusion stuff and complain about the good ol' days etc. :)

C'mon now we all go to work and shopping on hoverboards, it's 2035 dudes...

Please don't be like our grandpa's, I get it they don't understand all this nanofusion stuff and complain about the good ol' days etc. :)

As an "Old Guy" . I'm betting it will be more "piece of plywood and left over shopping cart wheels from WalMart " than "Hoverboard" . Survival/Homelessness won't change because 20 yrs have past . :(

Found some early attempts in hoverboards. Unfortunately time wasn't right and these early experiments did not succeed.

PICTURE: Two men at it - Hoverboard experiments Manchester, UK, 1874

St4x6Ya.png

PICTURE: It wasn't always the grown ups experimenting with hoverboards. Unnamed boy experimenting with hoverboard concept v.0.0.0.1a. Philadelphia, US, early 19th century. 

FIaUnwK.jpg

1st post updated with the picture below to confirm this feature is coming soon as confirmed by axeman below (of course he doesn't want to give away too much - I understand his position, don't you?)

Michael J Fox gets all the royalties I'm afraid. 

By my estimates (this is not official in any capacity, it could take 3-4 months in reality) royalties and lawyer stuff should be out of the way end of April between the parties (Epoch Inc. USA lawyers and Michael J Fox Production Inc. representatives).

Come 1st May 2015, all Epoch players will start hovering. yay!

hoverboard-coming-soon.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_Part_II

Sorry, I was talking about IRL not Arma =p

You really don't know why we don't have hoverboards?

Robert Zemeckis said on the film's behind-the-scenes featurette that the hoverboards (flying skateboards) used in it were real, yet not released to the public, due to parental complaints regarding safety.

safety first :(