Redis 3.0

js2k6

Was reading about a new redis release this morning, found the link on r/programming. 

Drew my attention considering the use of Redis for a3 epochmod. And I'd like to see what we can expect in future

Redis 3.0 google docs notes

Redis Cluster Specs

Then I noticed this, not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but I found it mildly interesting/amusing. 

Cluster current epoch

Redis Cluster uses a concept similar to the Raft algorithm "term". In Redis Cluster the term is called epoch instead, and it is used in order to give an incremental version to events, so that when multiple nodes provide conflicting information, it is possible for another node to understand which state is the most up to date.

The currentEpoch is a 64 bit unsigned number

Oh well, carry on chaps

That is all.

Was reading about a new redis release this morning, found the link on r/programming. 

Drew my attention considering the use of Redis for a3 epochmod. And I'd like to see what we can expect in future

Redis 3.0 google docs notes

Redis Cluster Specs

Then I noticed this, not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but I found it mildly interesting/amusing. 

Oh well, carry on chaps

That is all.

Redis cluster! How interesting - thanks for sharing.

I read a few posts from antirez (creator of redis) in hackernews from 5-6 years ago, this dude knows his stuff http://antirez.com/latest/0