Zombie Wall Penetration Prevention

Dyderich

Question

Greetings Folks,

Just a quick note to see if anyone knows a better way to fix this (the forums are full of instances of knowing it happens but not much on finding a way of preventing it):

Took over Chernarus Factory as a small base of ops.

Mainly using wooden walls at the moment as cinderblocks are still too rare..

One of the entry points for zombies in the front area is the left side open gap of the building and I have placed wooden walls there as well as having stick fencing in front of the walls - but it seems the zombies bypass both and just walk into the corner room area on that side when entering the base.  Is there no way to prevent this from happening?

Also on the rear, where you have the I think 3 openings in the back area, I thought placing half walls of brick would close them up but it appears that a zombie can just walk through those walls I have erected as well.

I know that when you build truly only a player-constructed structure, the zombies supposedely cannot enter through the walls so can this be fixed by having player floor surrounding the complex and putting up walls around the construction site?  Any walls I place (usually in front of the game structure since I know they can bypass walls in game, but it appears that they have found a way to go through the player made structures as well or its the proximity to game structure or if its mixed together (like my cinderblocks closing the back areas - I placed the cinder blocks so that they are integrated into the existing walls and it looks more natural than these ugly huge ass plywood walls - also they seem to be able to go perhaps under them as well...

My actual base op is going to be at NWA where I am thinking of taking over the centre portion of the main runway at the crossover near the ATC...I am considering placing first heavy barriers as a sort of moat....closing access or creating a wall for the inner open area eventually it will look like some giant " ] "  - Do heavy barriers keep zombies out at all?

Notes:  Using crafted items - Stairs must be placed so that the lower stair is below the flooring (if any portion of the stair sticks up a little, it will prevent you from walking up the stairs) - I can come down the stairs but not navigate upwards on them - annoying especially as they are not removable.

Suggestion to Devs:  

1 - Allow removal of all crafted items by the person placing the object - too many times you place something and afterwards you view it properly and it is all fakked up looking but you did not see it while trying to place it.  

2 - Better translucency of building items or a better way of viewing what you are placing...I would love to get a satellite view down of what I am placing as that is usually the angle which you mess up...and it cannot be viewed with current 7-9 key to move view towards 45 degrees roughly.

3 - A confirmation message for building - you place it...and now you can view it like it is placed (fully coloured and solid looking) - you can click the finalize button and it is placed as is...another work around to not being able to view it properly while placing.

4 answers to this question

Egads!  :)  Got to get that contractor to put some flooring space down then :P  

I have finally built a small bunker like compound at NWA and so far the zeds come to it even with my door open, they do not walk into the bunker at all - which is nice....although the beserk screaming is driving me nuts :P  Where did I put my rifle?