The hint marker is too big

NuFaN

Why even have a hint marker?

Hide yourself, a vehicle or something in reeds is impossible with this.

Same thoughts here, why? Should be possible to toggle it on or off, maybe player bound on login..

Here is my suggest for the "indicator". Im not 100% with the style yet tbh, it can be hard to see but i think a UI thing is better than a 3d icon in the game.

And hello again everyone :D

The position u choose would be be making more sense, cause it is not in the way of your game play. But on my server it still would be in the way, since i have a statusbar in that place.

I recon lot of streamers don't like it either...

Here is my suggest for the "indicator". Im not 100% with the style yet tbh, it can be hard to see but i think a UI thing is better than a 3d icon in the game.

And hello again everyone :D

20150330.203112.png

Welcome back, its like you never left. =p

Yeah, I like the looks of that way better. Sure it might collide with a status bar or whatever but I don't think that's a big issue, you should still be able to see what it is. Maybe even if it was raised up a little, still way better than right in the middle of the screen.

I guess that I am somewhat confused on what you are refering to in your photo (Maca134) vs the original post from NuFaN.  Are you talking about the Steering Wheel Icon, or the Inventory Icon?

Steering Wheel -- ARMA so you know what you are accessing and within range.

Inventory Icon -- Epoch Devs, but this is just debug from what I have been told.  I believe this will go away or be a Server Side Item.

But as for NuFaN, do you have a photo of the "Name" that you state shows up in "Large"?  This I would be very curious about!

Killawhat

I guess that I am somewhat confused on what you are refering to in your photo (Maca134) vs the original post from NuFaN.  Are you talking about the Steering Wheel Icon, or the Inventory Icon?

Steering Wheel -- ARMA so you know what you are accessing and within range.

Inventory Icon -- Epoch Devs, but this is just debug from what I have been told.  I believe this will go away or be a Server Side Item.

But as for NuFaN, do you have a photo of the "Name" that you state shows up in "Large"?  This I would be very curious about!

Killawhat

The inventory icon.  The icon overlays that the Epoch devs added are way big and right in the middle of the screen.

Other Player's name Shown:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/SG-DAA7OOdEx972qdfhewalDUdyDRhQYt59gfsaNlSg=w397-h223-p-no

Hint Marker too big and in midscreen:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2kzEJuBjqcBOFyjFnbvqngd3_7biHR-Jm6I2Lxp19pA=w397-h223-p-no

i would prefer it, either taken away or made smaller and e.g. placed in left top corner!

(sorry for img in links couldn't post them here)