Loot is bland in 301

Osiris72

Seems like the loot in 301 is very unexciting , I have yet to find a SOS and it took us until tonight to find a single DMS. Rifles are mostly of the 6.5mm variety (blah), mostly what we find is 9mm mags, smoke grenades and other bottom tier stuff. Oh and .22s....good lord I ain't never seen so many. We wind up leaving 90% of what we find.

I get that nicer stuff should be a bit more rare, but we've done A LOT of looting. Clothes seem to be easier to find at least and food/water is a dime a dozen, but part of what I liked about Epoch was you could play the role you wanted, CQB, support, sniper etc and it didn't take days to find what you wanted. Starting to feel more like Breaking Point on the loot side of things

I hope loot will eventually be region specific. You know, like building materials in industrial buildings, weapons in military facilities (I mean I know some gun nuts and even they don't have smgs under their beds), etc. I think loot would be easier to balance in this case. Arma 3 really needs more varieties of buildings though.

I know who you are talking about and I gave my 2 cents on that issue, it's one of the reasons I left and started my own because he doesn't play enough to understand how players are affected.

I wasn't taking about him specifically, but all admins...unfortunately you have to weigh changes made carefully and what effect it would have in several ways, that's kind of my point when I mention that  it's like pulling teeth and that the defaults need to be adjusted by the devs.   As an senior systems engineer IRL, I am very very careful about making changes no matter how trivial...granted it's mission critical systems, but the same can hold true for a game server so I don't blame them.

When setting defaults, you want a middle ground to start with...it seems with the latest version, the devs chose extremes...extreme AI settings/systems and  lack of exciting loot as opposed to the previous version.

I have noticed that loot in general seems a bit more abundant but some items do now seem a bit more rare.

Personally I'm ok with that.

You really want those items quicker?  Then go raid bases or do AI/trader missions.