[Feedback] Anti-camping fix

knights†emplar

Sorry for the double post stupid phone lol anyways I have it so no uavs spawn in and no axe man to the comment you made about the mod it's not a issue if there was say the epochconfig.hpp where we had the option to adjust them but now even if you adjust them now your script still over ride that and spawns in uavs non stop which is kinda lame you want feed back well here it is, for me I had to go into your pbo and rescript my way and yes I have 9 years in c++ and sql and Linux so I can do that but to these other people that can't it kinda sucks for them because it does ruin the emersion of the game when your trying to build and you have 7 uavs spawning ai in so great mode axe and I also cleaned up your server pbo because a lot of the syntax was really not optimized and I will tell you my server went from 35 fps with about 30 people on to about a average of 46 fps now with my fixes so don't knock me on making it better cause I no you put a lot of time in this and thanks for your replys. Viper of epoch pro server .

Who said it's magic? The doors could be activated by retinal scans or fingerprint readers. Adding keys and codes people need to remember would be a real step backwards in my opinion.

and isn't this what I asked for in my post? 

I would love to see keys, and combo codes, if that's too old then eye scan/finger print tech with owner admin access to add and remove players, currently you cant build rooms or lockboxes without giving all your group members access to it.

But even if it's year 2035 it followed years of zombie infection, basically the world ended and few survived , so still makes sense not to have high tech .. year 2035 doesn't mean advanced technology! especially when you are still using the same cinder and wood to build like u did in arma 2 , you still chopping the same trees you chopped using a hatchet or chain saw in Arma 2 ;-) 

Seems to me the bottom line is to make the antagonists truly configurable on an individual basis, ie each antagonist class can be controlled depending on server admin choice.

This mod will never be all things to all players but with better options a better fit can be made according to player base, this is happening right now as is illustrated by previous posts but I would prefer not to have to break into a pbo to do it.

The realism comes from the implant given at the birth of your clone. This allows messages to be fed to your visual cortex, amongst other things. Group management being one of them.

That said, there will be enhancements to the various game play mechanics and story line, is still early days and we are very much still working on the base mechanics for the game.

A story line in a cinematic video format would be awesome;

Before player spawns in the server for the first time (only); gotta be reasonable size and have the ability to skip by pressing a button so you don't watch it over and over again. 

• 5 months later...

Surely this isn't helping players against campers, because that same player is going to be a victim of this when he/she is somewhere remote trying build a base, but instead having to fight off threats and possibly the same camper that would normally be camping is now attracted to the noise and explosions sounds of those antagonists.

It's super annoying because the building system is super slow at this stage and super hazardous as it is !

Some might say this is part of the game, well so is camping!!

You should expect danger in dangerous places and peace and the enjoyment of other other features of this game else where.

I think when players complained about there not being enough threat, it was because the antagonist were not serving that purpose by design, we thought you would take the feedback forward in your future agnostic designs and the last thing we expected is a cheeky attempt to fix this issue by spawning more of them! :-)

I see it like this:

Allow campers be = lose some gear - possibly 2 to 4 days worth at most

Introduce the anti camper fix = potentially lose all your hard earned gear while building your base - all your hard earned loot that is. 

Get my point?

I don't know if I should laugh or. . .

CAMPING.jpg

no words. 

61160411.jpg

Edited by Just_R