Problem..Maybe

When you add/adjust any player items You get "\" on all items. DB no likely and basically deletes your inventory. 

BAD DB from the tool: 

[[\"NVGoggles\",\"ItemFlashlight\",\"ItemCrowbar\",\"ItemCompass\",\"ItemMap\",\"ItemKnife\",\"ItemHatchet\",\"Binocular_Vector\",\"ItemToolbox\",\"ItemWatch\",\"ItemGPS\",\"Colt1911\",\"ItemKeyKit\",\"ItemFlashlightRed\",\"ItemEtool\"],[\"ItemWaterbottle\",",\"forest_large_net_kit\",\"forest_large_net_kit\"]]

Good DB: (After deleted the leading "\")

[["NVGoggles","ItemFlashlight","ItemCrowbar","ItemCompass","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemHatchet","Binocular_Vector","ItemToolbox","ItemWatch","ItemGPS","Colt1911","SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD","ItemKeyKit","ItemFlashlightRed","ItemEtool"],["ItemWaterbottle","forest_large_net_kit","forest_large_net_kit"]]

maybe a issue by a setting in the "php.ini" because i have this not...

please check your "php.ini" settings file if:
{
magic_quotes_gpc =On;
magic_quotes_runtime =On;
magic_quotes_sybase =On;
}
then set all to "Off" and restart your apache/xampp/lamp ...

I have not done it for a while but i used to run a local webserver on my pc to test websites before uploading them to the internet. Ill look up how to do it again as it would mean free hosting of this for people on there own computers.

I have not done it for a while but i used to run a local webserver on my pc to test websites before uploading them to the internet. Ill look up how to do it again as it would mean free hosting of this for people on there own computers.

That would be perfect, i have 2 spare rigs & a fat pipe connection, that would help a lot!

i have not tried it on my laptop yet so cant confirm it works but this link (http://www.ultraedit.com/support/tutorials_power_tips/uestudio/local_php_mysql_dev_environment.html) tells you what you need etc (Apache, PHP & Mysql) to get it working on your local computers.

Personally i have a NAS that is capable of running websites so ill prob just install it on there for myself but the above link should help people set it up on there own computers

It's alot easier, if you're on Windows and don't know what you're doing, to just grab the Wampserver package (http://www.wampserver.com/en/).  That sets up Apache, MySQL, and PHPMyAdmin.  From there, you just toss the folder in to the WWW directory and access the setup page with your browser (http://127.0.0.1/privatehivetools/setup.php).

If you already have MySQL on this box for running the server, start just Apache when you launch Wampserver.

It's alot easier, if you're on Windows and don't know what you're doing, to just grab the Wampserver package (http://www.wampserver.com/en/).  That sets up Apache, MySQL, and PHPMyAdmin.  From there, you just toss the folder in to the WWW directory and access the setup page with your browser (http://127.0.0.1/privatehivetools/setup.php).

If you already have MySQL on this box for running the server, start just Apache when you launch Wampserver.

If i am connecting to my server supplied by my provider (vilayer) do i need Apache,MySQL & PHP on the machine that i install this Wampserver package to here at home?

Thanks

If i am connecting to my server supplied by my provider (vilayer) do i need Apache,MySQL & PHP on the machine that i install this Wampserver package to here at home?

Thanks

i think your problem may be your confusing a game server (where you host your dayz server) and a web server (where websites are hosted)

Vilayer does do web hosting as well as game hosting and at 1.95 euros a month its quite cheap.

Forgive my noobness ;)

I just need to be able to connect to my sql database hosted by vilayer using this tool & want to find the least technical way of resolving my problem, i know little about hosting as you can tell, i can connect to it from here using Navicat & edit on the fly etc but this tool would make the process easier & faster for me from an admin point of view.

I have a home office/gaming room, my server is hosted on vilayer, i'm typing this on my gaming rig & i have a backup rig & screen beside me that runs dart recon tool & navicat to admin from.

I want to access the tool on that rig beside me along with dart to admin from.

So whats the route i need to go down please?

Thanks again for the support.

I think your best bet would be to contact your game server host and ask them about integrating the tool.  Opening up your MySQL server for outside connections generally isn't a good idea from a security standpoint, which is what would have to be done.  Likely they have it restricted to localhost only (meaning only software on that same OS installation can access it) or a specific other server installation as many hosts do to spread load.

Well, then.  Easiest method is still going to be using Wampserver, so that you don't have to deal with configuring Apache.

• Install Wampserver
  • Start Wampserver from the desktop icon (or in the system tray, click and select start all services).
  • Extract the zip file for the admin tools to C:\wamp\www
  • In your browser, go to http://127.0.0.1/setup.php
  • Enter your database and server information
  • And...Done.

From then on, you'll just go to http://127.0.0.1/index.php

Lool, not so fast..

get to tools install screen fine now but after entering details just goes back to Wampserver main screen, is there a way to test the details i'm entering are correct? is this why it's going straight back to wampserver main screen?

Is there a log i can check?

Also getting "Wrong hive schema" if i click on PrivateHiveTools_1.01 in Wamp home page.

Lool, not so fast..

get to tools install screen fine now but after entering details just goes back to Wampserver main screen, is there a way to test the details i'm entering are correct? is this why it's going straight back to wampserver main screen?

Is there a log i can check?

Also getting "Wrong hive schema" if i click on PrivateHiveTools_1.01 in Wamp home page.

delete all WAMP files in "/htdocs" because is not needed..... and then copy the hivetool files to htdocs again...

you can test your database connection with "Navicat Lite" or "HeidiSQL" ..

My databse connection to the sql server thru navicat is fine & working, can you give me some clarity on the exact info required below the database details in the setup window of the tool?

Database settings are fine, it's the detail below i need clarity on please?

Server IP: Clearly i know that

Server port: no problem

Server Rcon? is that my Rcon password? (which i have)

Server  iinstance: My server instance ID (which i have)

World ID: is this neccesarry for Epoch? (again i have that info from my database if needed)

Hive Schema: Set to Epoch?

Secure: ? what does that mean & what do i select yes or no?

HeadAdmin Login name: Do i create this or is it anything to do with my server or rcon details?

HeadAdmin Login password: as above.

thanks again for the help.