Explode Vehicles

SadBoy1981

bit of radical thinking here, but we have come up with the idea of placing helipads in locations around towns and citys, etc. we did this four days ago and have been flying landing around and landing on the helipads only. So far the helis placed on the pads have not exploded. Time will tell.

not 100% because they dont spawn on the pads.

bit of radical thinking here, but we have come up with the idea of placing helipads in locations around towns and citys, etc. we did this four days ago and have been flying landing around and landing on the helipads only. So far the helis placed on the pads have not exploded. Time will tell.

not 100% because they dont spawn on the pads.

Are you joking? What impact does a painted helipad has over a simple flat ground? It is like those weird solutions for curing/preventing diseases, I started drinking carrot juice and haven't got cancer in 10 days! It works! What's the mechanics of it? how does it work? It is all magical thinking. I thought once I found solution too, by jumping in as co-pilot into helis and I was fine for a week or so, then one day found fresh heli, jumped in as co-pilot and exploded. Same with shooting heli with any kind of gun or multigun, same with pointing north - nothing works. Helis explode by itself or when you enter them. I tested all so called "solution" and none of them worked.

Just a thought but I spawned a helicopter. Entered it and it exploded.

Then I spawned a new one, used admin repair on it, it did not explode when I entered.

When entering the vehicle it gave me a message saying "unfliping vehicle".

Is it possible somewhere along the code a flip is applied when the player enters only affecting helicopter thus blowing it up?

EDIT1: After applying the repair command on the chopper im failing to spawn a helicopter that explodes.

EDIT2:

To be fair my testing has shown me the first helicopter I entered (a huming bird) exploded.

Afterwards I spawned a new one, applied the admin repair upon it and entered.

No explosion.

After that I spawned another 24 about 10 of em more hummingbirds. And then I tried all the other ones. none of em exploded.

I then used my admin powers to teleport arround to helicopters arround the map (altis) to see wether they would explode when I entered them. They did not.

If I can do any guess. It is a problem when entering the helicopter for the first time or my repair fixed the issue.

All I know is they aint exploding atm.

EDIT3: I reconnect and checked again, still not exploding.

EDIT4: Restarted server, no explosions.

EDIT5: Restarted server, had a friend try a helicopter or two, no explosions, no explosions for me eighter.

Issue was somehow fixed? Or only occurs first time in helicopter with a character?

I don't have enough data to know for sure, I just know the first heli I entered It blew up.

Then I used repair command (on the second heli before entering).

I got in the second heli.

No boom. For any heli after that.

Perhaps a database setup issue?

• 1 month later...

I can assure you this is not the case.... Just yesterday had my chinook out grabbing a couple of cars and transporting some materials back to base.. I get out and jump in my apache and fly around for a bit.. Go back to base jump back in the chinook ( Note that there was no restart .. No next day.. No damage to this heli) and boom... This is completely random.. I have noticed that almost every single helicopter I have been near drops about 6in to a foot or is sunk into the ground about the same until I shoot it and it rises from the ground...After I disembark from the heli and run into my base and come out it is sunk into the ground..or in the air... Something isnt right... 

Could it be that its in the ground until we jump into them and they clip and go boom?

Could it be an item in the inventory?

Could it be that once we land and get out they are written to the db with a  set of coords then go back to get in them and we arent standing in the right spot or whatever and the db attempts to correct and boom? <-- this one may be reaching

Just trying to throw some ideas out there because this is growing very Very annoying...

Ive not had any wheeled vehicles explode like this btw