lootMultiplier doesnt work?

grafzahl

Hi Guys,

i noticed the new lootMultiplier Option inside the epochconfig.hpp - To give it a try i lowered the number to 0.0001 and restarted my dev server. I didnt notice any change in loot-drop... the loot-containers dropped like normal, the loot inside it also wasnt lowered. Then i changed it to 1, same... not more or less loot then before.

Then i looked into the client-side code (masterLoop), and i couldnt find any code that requests the actual lootMultiplier. Is it possible that the variable isnt used yet and is just a placeholder?

Another question: Would it be possible to allow us our own version of the CfgBuildingLootPos class like in A2 Epoch, so we can change/add which typ of containers are possible to drop in which type of houses? Because i want to bring back the old epoch feeling (HC-Weapons only in baracks and stuff like that), but because nearly every type of loot container can drop anywhere, this currently isnt possible. Also its not possible to add loot to not yet configured house-classes on new maps.

The old a2 epoch loot spawner is available here somewhere as I have had it on my server from day 1 or close to.. gives normal a3 epoch as normal but with extra loot defined in that config.. loot that spawns laying on the ground a2 styleee:)

There is a loot multiplier option inside the epochconfig.hpp :

lootMultiplier = 0.5; // 1 = max loot bias
loot.h is for per item spawning, loot multiplier is for everything

I also like the idea of the CfgBuildingLootPos, so we can define what spawns where :)

From my POV, lootMultiplier should effect the amount of dropped lootContainers, while the loottable in loots.h will effect whats spawns when you click "Search". So Zero should mean "No Loot at all" and 1 "Lootcrates everyhwere" - But currently the value doesnt do anything.

Would be great if a dev would take a look on it :)

CfgBuildingLootPos would be cool, even when i know its a lot harder to get the right coordinates for all the types of boxes... a bed blocking a doorway wouldnt be nice ;) But it would be great for now have the ability to just delete all the weapon-blackboxes from all other houses then baracks and let 50cals only spawn inside the weapon-cases... so we can create some kind of "all-time-hotspots" like in A2 Epoch.

The old a2 epoch loot spawner is available here somewhere as I have had it on my server from day 1 or close to.. gives normal a3 epoch as normal but with extra loot defined in that config.. loot that spawns laying on the ground a2 styleee:)

To be true: i have already ported the A2 Lootsystem to my A3 Epoch Dev Server (Not the script from wasteland that everyone uses here, the old A2 one with full nested loottable control, more balancing options and so on), thats why i was hoping i could just disable the A3 Epoch Loot completly by setting lootMultiplier = 0;