0.3.0.1 fix for broken epoch servers - Static Weather Related

DirtySanchez

Question

The below code is my original post.

Yes weather clear day as the example is screwed and will break the epoch stuff as mentioned.

THE FIX is for you to make WIND

CLEAR DAY WORKING SETTINGS:

{75.5,0,{0,0,0},0,{1,1}};

Unfortunately we don't get to use Static Weather.

This will break many of the important parts of Epoch, including but not limited to:

Debug console not showing up on screen for client
Epoch based loot not working
Building system breaks in full, no building no upgrading.

Other things found to break.

Zupa HD SCRIPT not reporting values properly.

Until a fix is prvoided, please turn your weather to default or your players will be up in arms

To check your weather settings, open up your @epochhive folder.
Open epochconfig.hpp with your favorite text editor and check your weather settings.
they should be this: {};

Not this: {72,0,{1,0.1,2},0,{5,5}};

Good Luck!!!!!

Vote to sticky so it doesn't get lost and 1st thing admins see when jumping to the forums.

Also affects UAV and sappers none came up when I played for a few hours. You can build but have to relog to upgrade and it only works once.

I do not understand here. what is it about? Important fix ? for what ? the weather ? you can read it all in the epochconfig.hpp.....

everything is described in there.

u can use static weather or not... what u want.... and there are examples in it for differnt weather ?!?

So what an important fix is this about?

I do not understand here. what is it about? Important fix ? for what ? the weather ? you can read it all in the epochconfig.hpp.....

everything is described in there.

u can use static weather or not... what u want.... and there are examples in it for differnt weather ?!?

So what an important fix is this about?

If you put it to static weather it is as if the time doesn't change and you are in a frozen world. The food/hunger doesn't go down nor does your stamina when running and etc.

lol.... no way.... i change the weather often after update.... no problem.... u make something wrong ! changing weather break the epoch code ? lol..... u really make something wrong.... funny that only you have the bug.... sounds more like a noob problem :D

lol.... no way.... i change the weather often after update.... no problem.... u make something wrong ! changing weather break the epoch code ? lol..... u really make something wrong.... funny that only you have the bug.... sounds more like a noob problem :D

Many people have had the same problem, the example code for clear weather in the file causes the list of problems reported, it's fully reproducible.

Suppe,

Your broken English might become a problem with this one.

I know you are joking around, but there are many out there with the same problems.

If you have no problems man, GOOD LUCK and you are not making the weather static then.

ITS A DEFINATE BUG, TESTED AND RECREATED OVER AND OVER AGAIN ON MULTIPLE SERVERS.

Sorry you are at the stage of putting down those that share something good like this.

Maybe you are just mad that I am helping many servers get back on their feet instead of losing their population but this is what a community is for: SHARING when its necessary.

LOL Same boat here.
However I started with the vanilla epoch_server_settings.pbo to determine if my loot table changes screwed the pooch after an RPG rocket was called in to spawn but no LUCK the shit works..... :) or :( not sure yet but they are loving it.

Glad we are all back on track and keeping our communities happy!

Good luck and happy Hunting Friendly,

Maybe when I get settled I will stop on by and throw ya a DONKEY PUNCH! wink wink :wub:

I have a script ive been using for dynamic weather and it works fine, let me double check to make sure im not crazy, but ill post the script tomorrow if everything is working as it appears

Yeah a script is fine. We are talking about the newly added option to change the weather variables for static weather and other things which in turn cause the server to break some of the epoch code as listed above