DayZ Epoch Department Store! (Selling from players to players)

Thanks for the Idea!

Just finished my Auctionhouse right now, working like a charm!

Just my normal magazines don't want to show up in the list :P

#Fixed the magazines problem everything is done now ^^

just some thoughts about security would still be needed I guess, however..

I gonna release it soon, problem is that you will need a working version of extDB to execute the whole thing as of the current state.

Still thinking about having a certain Item/Object to carry the market entries in its inventory.

This would enable it to everyone even if they are using the default hive

Nice, Im sure you will figure it out dude... Loving the look of your work, people have tried a lot of the stuff you have created and failed but damn your stuff looks so good.. Can really tell that the effort has been put in to create it, Great stuff dude. hope you decide to share some of it later :)

Dumb question, are you going to release your bike backseat script? :D

are you visited my server?  :P

and it isn't 100% my script I only reworked it to work on Epoch 1.0.5.1  :)

Yes i did :)

Bad behavior dude.

Respect the Decission not to release everything of some admins and keep your hands by yourself.

Are you high dude?

Are you high dude?

cFoHq1o.gif

I will try to explain that simple:

You joined his server, just to see what else you can find there, which you maybe want to have on your server, like the bike script.

You did not joined the server as a normal player there to just enjoy it, no you joined there to get some scripts from there. Simple as that.

You are not getting the point here.

Its about that you are sniffing around on other servers instead of improving yours with your very own scripts or the ones that are public. People investing alot of time to write scripts and may want to keep them for themselfes to be different from the rest of the 99% Overpoch servers. This has been discuessed severals times now and the original authors are never pleased if some admins behave like you did.

Its about that you are sniffing around on other servers instead of improving yours with your very own scripts or the ones that are public. People investing alot of time to write scripts and may want to keep them for themselfes to be different from the rest of the 99% Overpoch servers. This has been discuessed severals times now and the original authors are never pleased if some admins behave like you did.

Ideas have have no trademark/copyright issue, always remember...

if you want to see how others found a solution for a certain problem or if you just want some inspiration to code something new, it's alright.

some aren't as creative as others to create new ideas..

as the op said, he used to get the original script to work with epoch, how is that any different..

Single currency is the best example.. after CCG had it, it was just a remake, cuz the idea was given.

But please, this is a topic about the department store. I thank the op for the Idea, and would enjoy if I can help the op to to finish his script, instead of arguing with someone about stuff that doesn't matter in ArmA anyways... If you put scripts on your server,it's almost for sure that someone would "steal" em .. its sad, but if you do it you have to live with the causes..(script errors, low performance, etc.)

It's a good sign that someone wants your scripts ^^ I guess that's why I have a list of players (34 right now) who joined my server and didn't even went through the spawn selection, before disconnecting again^^

Ah yeah i got it now, just cause i run my own servers im not allowed to join an other server anymore, and if i do i need to close my eyes that i dont see what images are displayed on the LOADINGSCREEN so that i dont can see an image of a bike with two guys on it.

Allways Did

if you want to see how others found a solution for a certain problem or if you just want some inspiration to code something new, it's alright.

Still no reason for me to join server and grab the work from others and put it 1:1 on yours. If you have trouble with some script or something is not working properly, why not asking the community? Someone is allways there to help, i would even bet on it that one of them could be me ;P

If someone is not that creative, why even bother with having a server? Instead of support one that has people with skill and creativity?

as the op said, he used to get the original script to work with epoch, how is that any different..

The difference is that he took (at least i hope so^^) a public code and remade it for his purpose, same for the Tow/Lift or FastRope Script. Nothing against that, since those scripts are released by the original author

Single currency is the best example.. after CCG had it, it was just a remake, cuz the idea was given.

Yes CCG had it first and Zupa made a public release of it, BUT he gave credit to him and only used the core of this Script. I wouldnt wonder if even Maca helped him on that.

But please, this is a topic about the department store. I thank the op for the Idea, and would enjoy if I can help the op to to finish his script, instead of arguing with someone about stuff that doesn't matter in ArmA anyways... If you put scripts on your server,it's almost for sure that someone would "steal" em .. its sad, but if you do it you have to live with the causes..(script errors, low performance, etc.)

Totally Agree

It's a good sign that someone wants your scripts ^^ I guess that's why I have a list of players (34 right now) who joined my server and didn't even went through the spawn selection, before disconnecting again^^

Those people allways pisses me off...its just wrong! Like i've already said, if someone has a problem or an idea how to get something done, just ask for help. For me there is simply not a single reason to join other server to check what they did there and grab it to put it on my server then.

Ah yeah i got it now, just cause i run my own servers im not allowed to join an other server anymore, and if i do i need to close my eyes that i dont see what images are displayed on the LOADINGSCREEN so that i dont can see an image of a bike with two guys on it.

Sure you can, but i just wonder how you get time to play on other servers and working/playing on yours too ? I can not even play on my server, because of maintaining and fine tuning it all the time.

Tell me then what was the reason to join his server? Play on it as a normal player or just have a quick look on the mission? If just playing how many hours have you already played on it?

We could discuess this for months and probalby neither of us would move from his point, so i will see you as someone who joined this server to grab the mission and maybe take some nice liitle scripts out there and you will see me as an idiot with a brain damage or something.

This should be enough off-topic from me now.

Have a good one

Always Did

You know the Idea of the free internet? Ideas are free, not the code itself.

Still no reason for me to join server and grab the work from others and put it 1:1 on yours. If you have trouble with some script or something is not working properly, why not asking the community? Someone is allways there to help, i would even bet on it that one of them could be me ;P

Its not grabbing or copy and pasting, I just find some inspiration in script and I like to write scripts on my own (at least try to) and I am just out of Ideas sometimes. I dont really copy the whole thing, just what I like about it and make additions where I find them needed to be done.

so in the same spirit, how did u manage to get a HC working?

i heard BE broke all HC?

This inspired me:

All i done after this is i converted my serverside scripts like AI-Missions, Cleanup etc... to a addon and started the HC and server with this mod. example -mod=@Dayz_Epoch;@Chilloutbude_HC_Server

Its broken but BE made it possible again to use it, it will still crash from time to time but its a bit more stable.