Has developement on the Arma2 version of Epoch been Abandoned ??

mikeloeven

according to the git hub page the last update was June 2014 Additionally given the fact that the arma 2 version is still widly used and also has a large number of open issues some of them actually quite game breaking i was just wondering if there are any more plans for updates to the original Epoch mod. It seems to be a waste to just let it fall by the wayside at least without fixing some of the major issues in a final service update??. 

For a very long time now it has been pretty quiet there... sadly.

I remember vbawol saying 'he would like to' spend more time on it, and i'm still hoping that happens at some point.

There have been several community pull requests that were merged, but most likely would require much more testing.

Yep, these are related as well

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/issues/1623

If people want ot help with testing then it is fairly easy to setup a server and to build the test pbo files.

Current progress on the dev team side seems to be nothing for a month, someone rattles the cage then a handful of pull requests get merged then nothing for another month.

Personally I am not inclined to spend much more time on Epoch 1.0.6 either doing general testing or merging in A Plot for Life as there is no real communication from the dev team.  I did it once last year for 1.0.5.2 and that went nowhere.  After recoding my mod again for 1.0.6 and fixing a number of other qwerks with some Epoch code within the building system it seems to have gone the same way.

A3 Epoch is the next big thing and even a large percentage of the modders have moved over to it now with the A2 mods left as they stand.  Even the DayZEvolved splinter mod seems dead (website / forums inacessable, Git not updated since Dec).

TL:Dnr - If it appears it will be a massive shock to the community ;) .

If the developers would pass on development or add on more people to there team we could probably get updates for a2

Read through this thread: 

They already have people working on it, but no one from the dev team. If you want to keep discussing future updates, I recommend you post in that thread so there aren't multiple threads on it.