ARMA 3 Epoch Player Name Tags and Map Markers

Cmdr_Crusher

Question

Hello Everybody;

I have been looking (googling) for the last 3 days or so in my spare time looking for a way to enable the Player Name tags as we have a lot of AI on our PVE only server but I havent found anything yet.

What I know from Arma 3 Domination mission modding only players on the same side can see eachothers names but in ARMA 3 Epoch the each player is on his/her own side, also the mission.sqm that you would normally mod to set the sides appears to be encrypted.

Does anybody have any scripts that they are willing to share that could enable Player Name tags and/or Player Map marker?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

All players are part of the same faction upon spawning*

Epoch does not add new factions to the game.

Encrypting the mission.sqm -> Use the search function and You will find many threads with explanations and links to the necessary tools.

Greez KiloSwiss

*AFAIK in v0.3+ male players belong to west and females belong to the east faction, but I did not check it, so this information could be wrong.

It does work but you are able to see their name thru objects which I don't like but can live with, set for 50m as a good starting point. I don't know if it was because I already had him in my sights as to why I was able to still see him but it's a start.