Is there any "Fully militarized" Epoch servers ??

IReeceI

Title pretty much says it all !!

Kinda finding Epoch too bubble wrapped nowa days -_- And most of my time spent playing Epoch and A2 was on a fully equipped server :) ...Sorted the boys from the men !

So anyone heard of any ? Old servers (MOTOClan) have not moved to A3 as of yet :(

:o

Dont worry were not off anywhere yet, Just weighing up our options ! Depressing watching everyone sit inside their bases :( And were still in the dark on what will happen with explosives and doors being nerfed if not enough explosives added :(

Milpoch? With agm and 30+ mods?

This would remove about 90% of snipers noobs.

What I'd like from milsim mods would be a better suited medical system, bullets affected by wind and better sound mods.

What I don't want is jets, tanks and bunch of armored op vehicles.

Epoch is more guerilla tactics than anything else.

Agree with most you said :) But I played 500+ hours playing epoch with Jets/tanks and armored vehicles :) Its actually what kept me playing ! just amazing rolling through cherno in a tank ! Or using AA guns to take out jets ! Armed helicats lighting up the night or a warthog peppering NWAF <3 Good times ! 

But in total 0.3.1 has really bubbel wrapped everything, And just no one can answer us will the bubbles be popped or not :(

Dont worry were not off anywhere yet, Just weighing up our options ! Depressing watching everyone sit inside their bases :( And were still in the dark on what will happen with explosives and doors being nerfed if not enough explosives added :(

Good, who else could i pick on :p but seriously though mate, i said i'll address the balance on my server regardless of what happens in future updates, it just has to be right :)

What would be better is if admins could choose what base parts can be destroyed, i'd make doors destructible and everything else indestructible, so you can rob people all day long but can't smash weeks worth of base building in an hour.

To be honest i'm suprised Wasteland is not more of your thing, have a look at our Wasteland server, it's pure PvP carnage with everything available including jets, tanks and explosives.

I am hoping they get away from the military feeling A3E current has.

It's a survival mode not a military simulator.

Hoping they get to that sometimes.

Stock Amra3 stuff with respect to clothing and vehicles should be re-done to be more reminiscent to reflect the mod and have most or all the military stuff removed completely.

People want to go do a military thing of Arma 3 then they can go play many of the other Arma3 mods or stock Arma3 itself... Epoch should set itself apart.  That's part of it's strength... to be unique from all the other vanilla A3 mods.

I'd rather drive a mad-max type vehicle that looks like someone built it with spare parts than a brand new shiny SUV, Offroad or Military Vehicle that looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

Your character should look like he sewn the cloths together from an animal hide or found a t-shirt and made a home-made gillie than a military outfit in perfect condition.

Stock Amra3 stuff with respect to clothing and vehicles should be re-done to be more reminiscent to reflect the mod and have most or all the military stuff removed completely.

People want to go do a military thing of Arma 3 then they can go play many of the other Arma3 mods or stock Arma3 itself... Epoch should set itself apart.  That's part of it's strength... to be unique from all the other vanilla A3 mods.

I'd rather drive a mad-max type vehicle that looks like someone built it with spare parts than a brand new shiny SUV, Offroad or Military Vehicle that looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

Your character should look like he sewn the cloths together from an animal hide or found a t-shirt and made a home-made gillie than a military outfit in perfect condition.

It's a "survival" mod for a military sim.  What they can do is limited by the game they are modding.  Two years after the apocalypse isn't long enough to be sewing clothes together with animal pelts.  Surprising enough, I have clothes that I bought 10 years ago and they're still in really good shape.  The timeline of the game says 2 years after, not 200.

A TLDR of your post is "I want this, who cares what anybody else wants, me me me"

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean a thing.  Some of us enjoy a mix.  The blend of military and survival is really good.  I've played other mods and stock Arma 3, but I always come back to Epoch.  It's the best of both worlds and hopefully it just gets better. 

The mod is created by the creators the way they want it or the way they feel the majority of the players want it.

It's a "survival" mod for a military sim.  What they can do is limited by the game they are modding.  Two years after the apocalypse isn't long enough to be sewing clothes together with animal pelts.  Surprising enough, I have clothes that I bought 10 years ago and they're still in really good shape.  The timeline of the game says 2 years after, not 200.

A TLDR of your post is "I want this, who cares what anybody else wants, me me me"

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean a thing.  Some of us enjoy a mix.  The blend of military and survival is really good.  I've played other mods and stock Arma 3, but I always come back to Epoch.  It's the best of both worlds and hopefully it just gets better. 

The mod is created by the creators the way they want it or the way they feel the majority of the players want it.

Have fun with yer Amrapoch. I'm sure there is a server out there for you.

You won't find a stock epoch server with tanks and jets but I'm sure you'll find a modded one for you you you.

Unfortunately for you they are not making it into a military sim.

Good, who else could i pick on :P but seriously though mate, i said i'll address the balance on my server regardless of what happens in future updates, it just has to be right :)

What would be better is if admins could choose what base parts can be destroyed, i'd make doors destructible and everything else indestructible, so you can rob people all day long but can't smash weeks worth of base building in an hour.

To be honest i'm suprised Wasteland is not more of your thing, have a look at our Wasteland server, it's pure PvP carnage with everything available including jets, tanks and explosives.

I'm a avid wasteland player :) .. But i do love some Epoch :)_ .. And yeah i really hope every gets sorted soon as :) As im pretty sure on A2 Epoch , Server admins could set the strength of individual base parts ! And im happy with the doors being nerfed and every thing else staying the same ! We dont want to level peoples bases ! Just rob them xD And play Epoch how it was meant to be played  

Sounds to me that Origins mod is what your explaining ! Not Epoch

Everyone says its survival but epoch has the ghost hawk heli

Yeah. I just re-read the official mod description at the homepage. In the last line, it actually does say "try to survive"...

Arma3: Epoch Mod

Epoch Mod is a hybrid of genres with elements of science fiction and horror.
Epoch is set in 2035, just two years after a massive world wide extinction.
The exact cause is unknown and the only people left are clones with no memory of the past.
Documents found in the world tell a us that before the mass extinction event, 
The largest technology corporation had made great breakthroughs. 
This technology changed the world in many ways and is thought to be the cause of the extinction. 
Those that remain are left with remnants of a once technological society. 

Try to survive, build, or explore your way through the harsh dynamic environment.

I never felt the survival feeling in this mod yet but hey it's alpha.

I read that the new version (codenamed 'kickass') is supposed to be much tougher to survive, with multiple drones spawning on top of campers, dead-sappers farting big time with green poisinous gas and all.

Have fun with yer Amrapoch. I'm sure there is a server out there for you.

You won't find a stock epoch server with tanks and jets but I'm sure you'll find a modded one for you you you.

Unfortunately for you they are not making it into a military sim.

I have a server I play on already, that isn't militarized.  It's base Epoch with AI missions, no ifrits, striders, armed vehicles, jets, tanks, etc.

I never mentioned tanks or jets.

The game they are modding is a military sim, I know that's difficult for you to understand.  You can't take the base game, a military sim, and not have it being military sim like.  There are limitations.

Since you've made 2 posts misspelling the damn game already, I will point out that it is ARMA not AMRA.

That's how I've got mine currently set up.  Walls, foundations, floors and jammers are indestructible.  Doors, both wood and cinder, are not.  It works really well and allows bases to be breached, but not destroyed.  

Good, who else could i pick on :P but seriously though mate, i said i'll address the balance on my server regardless of what happens in future updates, it just has to be right :)

Congrats to any server owner that keeps continously improving. What an effort it requires, your players are lucky.

On the other type of server: I never played Wasteland but 'all kind of specialized military hardware being available' and the name is 'wasteland'? it sounds ironic...

Congrats to any server owner that keeps continously improving. What an effort it requires, your players are lucky.

I do what i can, I can't please them all but i'll still try :)

Only downside is i very rarely get to play :( between the Epoch server, Wasteland server, creating a new terrain plus work and family life, Richie has no time for pewing n00bs :lol:

On the other type of server: I never played Wasteland but 'all kind of specialized military hardware being available' and the name is 'wasteland'? it sounds ironic...

In all fairness Richie seem's great :) And i know as of now he is trying his best to restore balance which is fair for all types of players on his Epoch server :)

Excited to see what he has in store now :D

That's how I've got mine currently set up. Walls, foundations, floors and jammers are indestructible. Doors, both wood and cinder, are not. It works really well and allows bases to be breached, but not destroyed.

Isn't that going to conflict with new patch when you can break down walls to get refunded building items?