HC Player ID bloats the database

Darth_Rogue

This isn't really a *bug* per se, just an annoyance.  I've noticed that when running a headless client every time the server restarts it is assigned a new player ID in the database (see screenshot below).  It would be helpful for certain scripts and also for the sake of organization if the headless client could be given the same player ID on every restart or reconnect.  This will help prevent unnecessary database bloat and allow admins to use a finite player ID to make their HC do what they want it to do, like move to a new location via script, among other things.  Also, what happens if the random ID that's assigned goes past 'HC9999'?  Is an error caused then or can the system assign more than 4 digits to the HC's player ID?  It's something that should be considered as development continues, especially with the performance issues that many server owners are facing.  The effective use of a headless client is becoming more and more important.  

redis%20screenie.png

We will provide support for headless clients in future patches, At this time I dont think this should be to much of an issue since this headless client player data should expire after 30 days just like normal player data does, even 50 entries should not be much data and they should cleanup automatically over time. How many MB is your redis process using ATM?

For now I would set up a redsmin account https://redsmin.com as you can do batch delete keys easily. I've used this quite a bit. Nice web interface.

http://blog.redsmin.com/post/67268871371/rename-duplicate-and-delete-redis-keys-in-batch

Simply put Player:HC*  in the top left box hit delete

Can't seem to get it to connect.  Keep getting socket errors.  Windows Firewall is off on the server.

Did you add your server ip after the localhost ip in redis.conf so it can make outside connections?

Example:

bind 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.23
maxmemory 4gb
save 900 1
save 300 10
save 60 1000
requirepass mysupersecurepassword

Ahhhh....no that's probably why.  Will try that later after my next restart.  Thanks!