UAV/Zombies/Jacks

rawiswaruk

Hi, I really enjoyed Epoch A2, but Epoch A3 not so much. In fact, not at all. Though, I keep giving it a chance.

UAV's and the AI they spawn are always spawning in, I don't even have to fire or even be in an area long for them to spawn. Also, there is absolutely no way to lose them, as they always catch up to me, whether I'm on foot or in a vehicle. I'd of hoped you'd of cut them out of your latest patch, or at the very least got some control over the amount that actually spawn . To move onto the zombies, they are less annoying, but still, exploding zombies, really? The blast area is also too large... Finally, Jacks. I tried to use a jack to fix tyres on a vehicle I fount, yet it just wouldn't work as anyone would assume a jack would. I was then told by someone on the server, that jacks where for flipping cars. Ok, you're probably thinking the same as me: "but jacks mostly are for raising a car to fix wheels?" Now I can see why you're wanting to use jacks to add realism for flipping a car, but 99% of flipped cars in Arma are from the buggy physics etc (for example, driving over a bridge.) So why feel the need to have anything more realistic than a flip option in the menu when a car needs flipping? Maybe, at the very least you could add the actual realistic and proper use for the jack which is. For fixing wheels?

P.S. 

Before any of the same guys feel the need to say "but it's only alpha" and "your opinions are not valid." Let's remember, that this mod is Alpha, and as such can only improve from constructive criticism, from the people who use it. So if you cannot add anything but insults or any intelligent and constructive counter arguments to my points, then please, don't comment at all as I won't waste my time replying.

P.P.S.

You already know my views of using the HUGE Jammer as a plot pole...

I agree with everything you said. Over complicating things because a small percentage of fans from this forum say they want realism, is a poor decision.

Too much going on, no need for intricacy like that, imo.

Drones are too frequent, they're a fucking pest species like wasps. I'd rather they spawned something else, or even spawn fuckk all, and let their presence be the menace in the form of giving you away. Fucking aimbot cheating AI.

I agree with everything you said. Over complicating things because a small percentage of fans from this forum say they want realism, is a poor decision.

Too much going on, no need for intricacy like that, imo.

Drones are too frequent, they're a fucking pest species like wasps. I'd rather they spawned something else, or even spawn fuckk all, and let their presence be the menace in the form of giving you away. Fucking aimbot cheating AI.

lol i just shoot the drones down on sight then no AI to worry about as it hasn't locked onto your position.

lol i just shoot the drones down on sight then no AI to worry about as it hasn't locked onto your position.

What if you're rolling with a Lynx and just a clip or two? Or maybe if you only have an axe.

Would it be possible to program the drones to only call in the AI if the players they're tracking open Fire?

This way, you're bringing back the assurance of presence that zombies brought to DayZ.

The drone will only antagonise when threatened. Maybe have them respawn after a few minutes if shot down.

I really think you'd open up a new way to play, giving new spawns a chance to gear up without having three crack shots hunting her ass.

What if you're rolling with a Lynx and just a clip or two? Or maybe if you only have an axe.

Would it be possible to program the drones to only call in the AI if the players they're tracking open Fire?

This way, you're bringing back the assurance of presence that zombies brought to DayZ.

The drone will only antagonise when threatened. Maybe have them respawn after a few minutes if shot down.

I really think you'd open up a new way to play, giving new spawnsthem down  a chance to gear up without having three crack shots hunting her ass.

Either shoot them down or softlog ! Always carry sidearm for them !

Sappers are easy to outrun !

love the oversized jammers as stops people hiding them inside walls ect !

(But if your not enjoying this mod at all, Just go back to what you love)

Either shoot them down or softlog ! Always carry sidearm for them !

Sappers are easy to outrun !

love the oversized jammers as stops people hiding them inside walls ect !

(But if your not enjoying this mod at all, Just go back to what you love)

Haha, sappers are not easy to lose. They follow me until I choose to 'deal' with them, which in turn gives away my location, or spawns a UAV if one is not already on my ass.

I can see your point about jammers, but the whole point is for the plot pole to be hidden. It is only there to stop others building close by or even on your base. To add, you need 2-3 stories in your base to hide them from someone randomly shooting/destroying even the top of said jammer from outside your base. They also hinder the survivalist feeling of this mod, by not allowing you to place one in a small building and boarding up the windows and doors etc. Overall, I'd be happy with a compromise. Bigger than a A2 plot pole, but smaller than one story of a building. That way, it retains the above points I've made, and makes it harder to hide behind a 'false wall' or even in a safe if/when they get implemented.

Alas, I would go back to Arma 2, but after playing Arma 3 that isn't an option, for a multitude of reasons.

Hi, I really enjoyed Epoch A2, but Epoch A3 not so much. In fact, not at all. Though, I keep giving it a chance.

UAV's and the AI they spawn are always spawning in, I don't even have to fire or even be in an area long for them to spawn. Also, there is absolutely no way to lose them, as they always catch up to me, whether I'm on foot or in a vehicle. I'd of hoped you'd of cut them out of your latest patch, or at the very least got some control over the amount that actually spawn . To move onto the zombies, they are less annoying, but still, exploding zombies, really? The blast area is also too large... Finally, Jacks. I tried to use a jack to fix tyres on a vehicle I fount, yet it just wouldn't work as anyone would assume a jack would. I was then told by someone on the server, that jacks where for flipping cars. Ok, you're probably thinking the same as me: "but jacks mostly are for raising a car to fix wheels?" Now I can see why you're wanting to use jacks to add realism for flipping a car, but 99% of flipped cars in Arma are from the buggy physics etc (for example, driving over a bridge.) So why feel the need to have anything more realistic than a flip option in the menu when a car needs flipping? Maybe, at the very least you could add the actual realistic and proper use for the jack which is. For fixing wheels?

P.S. 

Before any of the same guys feel the need to say "but it's only alpha" and "your opinions are not valid." Let's remember, that this mod is Alpha, and as such can only improve from constructive criticism, from the people who use it. So if you cannot add anything but insults or any intelligent and constructive counter arguments to my points, then please, don't comment at all as I won't waste my time replying.

P.P.S.

You already know my views of using the HUGE Jammer as a plot pole...

first with the jacks. how many tool kits have you used in arma that jacked up the car???? the jacks are in place to help players when they flipped they're car so there is a mass amount of over turned cars on the map im sure other people have found other uses for them.

with the AI there are more and yes that can track you down for miles but when the ai spawn you have a chance to get away for a bit. the fact that epoch cant use zombies in the mod makes it that they have to add other stuff for the game play or would you rather this be like wasteland with building???? a lot of people would get bored fast with that.

Tried using a jack to flip a vehicle at the weekend and it just went straight through. Ended up using another car to flip the car back onto its wheels.

Here is a how to with the jack

LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BdLI_jCy_I

I tried using another vehicle to flip an SUV but since vehicles are made out of cardboard it became insta-damaged and blew up.

SUV's are becoming the one vehicle to not use since they flip extremely easy.  Even an ATV doesn't flip as easily which imo is wrong. The shocks in the SUV are extremely bouncy.  Soon the SUV will be like the Mosquito.  On the do-not-bother using list.

One time I touched a building in an SUV backing it up and it insta-flipped on me.

True story

lol