[Release] Casca Vehicles Convoy for any Map

Donnovan

They need to be allways as a group? May be dismantling the group when players are spoted? Then rejoining as a group?

Spawn one ai and hide him (hideobject with re), assign a waypoint and spawn every zombie on that ai, so they are server controled and not player controled. (Headless client like) and then just let em walk. Not really a hard task.

Hey there.

the zed-horde-thing is a liitle bit offtopic, hope thats ok.

Imo running zeds on their normal speed and strength are unintersting,

(unfortunately they can only run or walk, i didnt figure out how to set speed between running and walking)

we changed them to badass zeds who are walking, headshot only, stronger and more infectious.

They need to be allways as a group? May be dismantling the group when players are spoted? Then rejoining as a group?

I like the idea of a slowly moving group of zeds who are trying to encircle player/s...

What could be a acceptable number for this group, keeping the server-performnace in mind?

the update is really great thnx, love the bombers running at players lol - would be good if the 3 spawn points marked on the map could be taken away ( even though i can comment out that bit of code) by haveing an option at beginning of script like the numbers of ai dispalyed on map true/false - really running nice

Bloodline-Clan,

Take a look on that:

INFISTAR USERS:

If your infiStar have this option:

/*  EXPERIMENTAL CU FIX   */ _CUF = true; /* true or false */ /* *experimental* - will transfer serverside units (including mission AI) to clientside */
You need to turn it off setting _CUF to false, or AI will not work.

players found a problem last night with the convoy, they finish all the ai off, loot the ai and vehicles, take a vehicle and drive off in it, 20mins later they get out of the vehicle and do what ever they are doing and a bomber gets out of the vehicle a min or 2 later and blows himself up, the vehicle was empty as i seen it myself, a few players have reported the same problem and have been killed by this - any idea?

Tang0,
Please replace those two function bellow, you can find then on andre_convoy_functions.sqf:

V2a uploaded: 

Fix: players consecutive disembark does not trigger bomberman spawn anymore.

Thankyou for reporting! This is like a donation.

Function 1:

//Protect Vehicles from players until all crew is off
donn_casca_getIn = {
	_motor = _this select 0;
	_unit = _this select 2;
	if (isPlayer _unit) then {
		_carGroup = _motor getVariable ["car_group",GrpNull];
		_allOff = true;
		{if (alive _x && assignedVehicle _x == _motor) then {_allOff = false;};} forEach units _carGroup;
		if (!_allOff) then {_unit action ['getOut', _motor];};
		if (_allOff) then {
			_motor removeAllEventHandlers "handleDamage";
			_motor removeAllEventHandlers "getIn";
			_motor removeAllEventHandlers "getOut";
			_motor setFuel 0.5;
		};
	};
};

Function 2:

//Make bomber man on disembark
donn_disembarkCount = 0;
donn_casca_getOut = {
	_unit = _this select 2;
	if (!isPlayer _unit) then {
		donn_disembarkCount = donn_disembarkCount + 1;
		if (donn_disembarkCount mod (round (1/(donn_fighterBomberManPerc max 0.001))) == 0) then {
			if ((assignedVehicleRole _unit) select 0 != "Turret") then {
				_sphere = objNull;
				if (donn_fighterBomberIndicator) then {
					_sphere = createVehicle ["Sign_sphere25cm_EP1",[0,0,0],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
					_sphere attachTo [_unit,[0,0,2.25]];
				};
				_unit setVariable ["donn_bomb",true,false];
				[objNull,_unit,_sphere] execFSM "andre_convoy\andre_convoy_bomberFighter.fsm";
			} else {
				donn_disembarkCount = donn_disembarkCount - 1;
			};
		} else {
			if ((assignedVehicleRole _unit) select 0 != "Turret") then {
				[_unit] execFSM "andre_convoy\andre_convoy_safeDisembark.fsm";
			};
		};
		if (donn_disembarkCount mod (round (1/(donn_runnerBomberManPerc max 0.001))) == 0) then {
			_agentPos = position assignedVehicle _unit;
			_agent = createAgent ["TK_INS_Soldier_AAT_EP1",_agentPos,[],0,"NONE"];
			_agent removeAllEventHandlers "handleDamage";
			_agent addEventHandler ["handleDamage",{_this call donn_casca_unit_HD_bomber}];
			[objNull,_agent, group _unit] execFSM "andre_convoy\andre_convoy_bomberRunner.fsm";	
		};
	};
}; 

running well here to, would like an option to turn off ai spawn points marked on the map without having to comment the lines of code out though :)

+1 - But  with basic knowledge you will be able to do it on your own. Its just one if-else statement. Just have a look at the other options.

I believe he know how to do that, but is asking for a option. This option already exist on the new version i'm creating:

- Can turn on/off all icons.

- Allways help on your humanity. Gain or loss based on your actual humanity.

- All bots have maximum skill. The only variable skill is accuracy*.

- Clear dead AI bodyes after x seconds.

*for very hard bots, DZMS uses a accurracy of 0.20. You will be able to set it to the value you want.

For me this didn't seem to work correctly. AI only sometimes shoot from the vehicle, but they immediately abandon the vehicle. If something is on the road they stop, the convoy is nearly never moving as one, i allways find all vehicles spread after a while.

Nice idea tho, but needs a lot of work.

Anyway, thanks for this.

Better,

The 0.2 is to make the vehicles spawn 20 cm above ground.

The 22 is the direction the vehicle will face when spawning on that spawn.

15 is the spawn radius.

Great. Thanks for that info. I have a couple more comments/questions.

I put in coordinates for Napf and I'm testing this right now on my test server. I found the first convoy stopped, with all AI sitting in their vehicles. It wasn't until I started shooting that they reacted. I walked right up to the vehicles with no reaction. Is this normal?

Also, in the _loot1 section, what are the numbers after the items? For example:

[["addWeaponCargoGlobal","Mk_48_DZ",[1,1,2]],["addMagazineCargoGlobal","100Rnd_762x51_M240",[1,2,3]]],

What is the 1,1,2 and the 1,2,3 after the weapon and ammo?

Better,

There is a option in infiStar, i believe it's _CUF, that move the AI locality form the server to the clients. This option needs to be set to false.

First number is the quantity for a 1 car convoy.

Second number is the quantity for a 2 cars convoy.

Third number is the quantity for a 3 or more cars convoy.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe he know how to do that, but is asking for a option. This option already exist on the new version i'm creating:

- Can turn on/off all icons.

- Allways help on your humanity. Gain or loss based on your actual humanity.

- All bots have maximum skill. The only variable skill is accuracy*.

- Clear dead AI bodyes after x seconds.

*for very hard bots, DZMS uses a accurracy of 0.20. You will be able to set it to the value you want.

Looking forward to trying the new features;releasing anytime soon? Currently testing version V2a, I'll let you know of any issues!

Bloodline, have you tried that?

This is the way to run most AI mission systems successfully. You have an option in the GTX config to turn that to false.

WAI, DZAI and DZMS all run perfectly with this method.

Brilliant work Donovan!

Just a quick question. Off the top of your head do you know how much of the marker script I should  quote out so there are no markers, baring the suicide bomber?

I had a quick look today and began getting errors.My players quiclly learnt the roots that they prefer to take and set up an ambush a little to easily!

Thanks again bud, awsome script!