MGT still Official?

EUGENIX_MODIFIED

I fully expect backlash. So be it.

I can't be the only one that thinks the devs have done a poor job with this release. It was announced way too soon. There should not have been a change log until a week prior to release. Players have ceased to play until the update OR they're playing on Mell's House. 

I'm all for Mell's being 'the' test server, because it makes sense, but it should have been released to other servers as well -- at least a few. There aren't enough people actually "testing" on Mell's to truly consider it a test server. It's the same bunch of kids that were playing there previously for the most part.

Because those people actually care about testing whats being fixed or added. I was on there for a while then encountered issues when trying to connect. Then real life got in the way. Hell they even tried to make it easier to get building supplies by offering them from the traders.

What it comes down to is that peopel don't like vanilla epoch. Let alone people don't like dealing with bugs on test versions.

Here's a thought.....maybe they should just have a single test server for each map that's currently in play on the majority of community servers, i.e., Altis, Chernarus, Bornholm, and then extend an invitation to only enough people who will actually test stuff and not just run around shooting people.   The majority of the people on the official servers right now don't understand or care that they're supposed to be testing and not playing.   If they would invite only known server admins from the community who have frequently maintained threads in the community servers forum and put them on a whitelist then only those who are serious about actually testing could even get into the servers.  Updates would be debugged in half the time if they would implement some form of a system like this.  What's more, it would keep server files secure until such time as they are ready to be publicly released.  Of course there's downsides to this method, including a large initial workload of getting people to sign up for the whitelist and obtaining UIDs and such.  They would also have to occasionally weed through the list and remove anyone who isn't contributing.  But it may be worth it in the end.

No, you getting it wrong. The intruders are in EPOCH allready. As long as this is not fixed you wont get any usefull Information about BUGs n shit, because the most players are on MGT and CCG - the players know allready that the big ones out there getting the files as soon as the Officials have the files.

What happens then: Official Servers are empty, Unofficials with the actual version are full.

The point of being an Official Server Host is, to have good filled server and report bugs and fixes for something. but you just cant when there isnt the player base you need.

Well, look at it this way.  At least Mells has been filling out alright, and I assume they've been getting good results.  The server isn't maxed, but then neither are most of our servers.  The servers that max out are mostly MGT and CCGs to be honest.  So, if any bugs remain that would have been detected with a full server, they can have fun with that(not that CCG is using the hacked patch that I know of, but they have one of the largest communities).  Sure, it effects everyone, but if their servers are all that matters to them, then we'll see what happens when everyone playing Epoch starts whinging about leftover bugs that were pushed over.  They'll have to put up with it too, more so even than most servers.  At least that's the way I see it.

No one wins if everyone stops playing Epoch... no one who actually wants to serve Epoch to the public anyways.

The devs are trying to set a platform to get things done and patched properly so that we're not on here pissing our pants about bugs and waiting for the next patch to solve the issues.  Interfering with that process only hurts everyone who is playing Epoch.

I fully expect backlash. So be it.

I can't be the only one that thinks the devs have done a poor job with this release. It was announced way too soon. There should not have been a change log until a week prior to release. Players have ceased to play until the update OR they're playing on Mell's House. 

I'm all for Mell's being 'the' test server, because it makes sense, but it should have been released to other servers as well -- at least a few. There aren't enough people actually "testing" on Mell's to truly consider it a test server. It's the same bunch of kids that were playing there previously for the most part.

Or maybe too many players have jumped the DayZ Epoch ship too soon?  Devs had plans not to even release server files to the public until 0.5 but, from what I saw, the community badgered them and pushed their hand into releasing them too soon.  Now you have so many people that have moved over and have high expectations and don't understand what alpha and testing frickin means.  I think that's the problem.  I think everyone here, including the devs, are in a bit of a learning curve though, as far as the whole process for moving a mod like this along.  It was a bit different with DayZ Epoch because a lot of the core functionality was already there, they really only had to focus on the base building for the most part(not to say there wasn't a lot of work in other areas too).  With A3Epoch, they have way more on their plate and they have this huge cult following that seem to think that the mod is supposed to be in a functioning state.

Again with this patch, people were pushing and pushing for them to release information on what they're doing.  If you look back just within the last couple months, it was all people were talking about, how the devs were slacking and not letting us know what they were working on and WHENS THE NEXT PATCH.

Please, if I'm wrong on any of this, enlighten me.

Arms Race ?

Who has the updates first keeps the players ?

I know that I had probably the first 1.40 server up and running according to the various launcher and picked up about 60-100 across 3 servers until other server caught up. Then we went back down to lower numbers.. I did mange to keep about 10-20 player that liked what we had to offer but I think this is what people are hoping for with the updates.

Players coming back and who gets there first wins.. shame as the big owners don't really need more players..

Ha Ho.. Back to enjoying my nice food comma ! :-)

So much confusion has been caused by different versions on different servers. And after this "some" get files some don't bullshit the bugs better be few and far between. After months of hearing,"official host get the files so we can test to eliminate bugs" it better be squared away. Difference between an official host and normal host is pot luck email / message response. No selection process or nothing so you have greed and inexperience filling these"official" host.

This could be fixed pretty quickly by releasing an update to the client and official servers to break the leaked version. When most of the people who have 0.3 client installed have updated nobody will play on the servers running the leaked version as it will be out of date.

There needs to be a clear distinction on the downloads page to say that 0.3 is only for bug testing at the moment and make it clear that 0.2.5.2 is the current general release.

There also needs to be a description as to what the AiA Terrain Pack is used for and why you should download it. At the moment it just says 'Optional Download' with no explanation as to what it is.

New players have no idea they need to download it to be able to play on maps other than Altis and Stratis.

This is the main reason I switched my server to Altis as I got sick of having nobody on the server but having dozens of failed connection attempts when I was running Chernarus.

I have the same problem with Bornholm. Which, by the way, should also be included on the download page here.

With it being included in the next release. I'm sure it will be added.

[Added] Bornholm Support: Custom a2 building classes for loot spawns and mission file and config support from http://urogaming.co.uk/ :) 

I really hope so as most people are sick of Altis :)

Disagree, most people who pretend to be sick of Altis didn't play on that map for more than 10 hours. I think most people are sick of Chernarus. I know I am. That's one of the reasons why I left DayZ Forever Stand Alone. I just got sick of that map, running around in same locations, never getting lost, people always being in same 3 coastal towns and the North being empty..

Borneholm is terrible. The only reason it's getting attention is because of Frankie.

Altis and Stratis are the only maps with the Arma textures. Stratis is underused due to it being bare, but with some tlc I'm sure it could be brought to life.

Well that's your opinion. Mine is the opposite as I see Altis and Stratus as terrible :)

Disagree, most people who pretend to be sick of Altis didn't play on that map for more than 10 hours. I think most people are sick of Chernarus. I know I am. That's one of the reasons why I left DayZ Forever Stand Alone. I just got sick of that map, running around in same locations, never getting lost, people always being in same 3 coastal towns and the North being empty..

I never pass an opportunity to say how much of a cretinous wanker Rocket is.

SA is shit. H1Z1 is everything SA should've been by all accounts.

That's funny, when I had Chernarus on my server not a single person made a base in the cities and they hardly ever went there either (other than when missions spawned there). SA and Epoch are two very different beasts (vehicles completely change the dynamics of a map for one)