MGT still Official?

EUGENIX_MODIFIED

If no, why do they have 0.3.0.1 server files before all the rest of the server hosts?

Someone tell me why these clowns have an advantage over all the other owners?

So pissed right now! These guys just ride everyone else's hard work and rip off so much money from the players.

They even have the spineless attitude to place "Epoch" in there server name.

All the other server owners have been so patient to wait for the Epoch Dev's release.

Did money change hands here?

I doubt money exchanged paypal accounts, Toby. 

Heh, if you only knew how many people have contacted some of us offering money for server files. Some of them directly affiliated with the usual profit-from-the-work-of-other-hosts, others using "anonymous" vlans. 

Never a better time to release then ! Would annoy the hell out of them after paying !

Exactly my thinking, don't allow those scum any profits for work these developers make. Just stop them and release the files. It's been three plus weeks and it's as ready as it's ever going to be.

This is unfortunate and only will only fill the forums with people having issues with the unofficial files. And I honestly don't believe they were leaked or sold by any Official hosts. And for future reference please do not post links to unofficial files or hacking sites. Your threads have been edited.

The devs should somehow "watermark" the code when they give out the server files to official hosts.  That way they can trace it back to who leaked them.

Would definitely make this harder to do! But where theres a will theres a way usually... file comparing to the last version of files etc would render this useless I imagine.

Well clearly epoch can stop this by simply releasing the sever files.

Why would the devs release files that are not complete? Just because some ass leaked/sold them, or because server admins want them? Sure they could throw them out with unfinished bug fixes that would then require another patch. And have the forums filled with admins having problems with bugs that would have been fixed if they waited for an official release that the dev's were satisfied with.

The devs should somehow "watermark" the code when they give out the server files to official hosts.  That way they can trace it back to who leaked them.

I would have thought this example would have been done already.

I think too much trust gets put into who gets early exclusive access to withheld file sets.

I also think the enemy is inside the gates now.

Why would the devs release files that are not complete? Just because some ass leaked/sold them, or because server admins want them? Sure they could throw them out with unfinished bug fixes that would then require another patch. And have the forums filled with admins having problems with bugs that would have been fixed if they waited for an official release that the dev's were satisfied with.

theres def a few fixes still needed before the release... found a few issues this arvo playing.

The only thing this achieves is the stifling of development,. the RC version of the 0.3.0.1 server files were released to Official Hosts running unmodified servers to gather uncorrupted test-data and to bug fix any issues with the RC before general release.

As Tobias said ^ we have all been approached about "selling" server files,. In fact there has been some discussion in the official hosts skype group about this very issue,.

The whole idea about RC's (release candidate's) and closed testing is just that - a standard set of files to check for any issues before release.  The dev's obviously pushed out the 0.3.0.1RC client files to get players onto the Dev/Official Servers to increase the players involved within the testing of the RC - and expand the different scenarios in which issues may arise, since without play/load testing an RC you cannot guage if any issues will arise,. which in turn speeds up the delivery of tested-bug-free files to everyone..

Some people seem to think it's server population war though,. those people need to get a grip

I cannot speak for every Official server out there, they are entitled to thier own opinion, but I can speak for mine, -[uG]-, we are not in this for population, we're in this for the long haul, for the survival experience, whether that be on a server with 1 player, or 100, -[uG]- do not care about petty server population fueds.

Now someone has leaked files to the detriment of the Devs and thier Mod, all EpochMod server hosts (Official and Un-Official) and every one of you who play Epoch.

Such a shit way to treat the Epoch community as a whole... :angry: