Arma 3 Epoch or Arma 2 Epoch server?

Eric

Hey everyone I'm facing a tough decision in my life right now.... Arma 2 Epoch server or a Arma 3 Epoch server.

I have experience with Arma 2 Epoch server files/installing scripts but when i look at the Epoch server files for Arma 3 i'm just confused but i'm sure i could learn like i did with Arma 2.

Also i'm new to the forums so i'd like to say hello to everyone and i hope i can become a part of this great community.

~~~~~Other random info~~~~~~

I've logged over 500 hours on Arma 2 OA most of which on Epoch.

I've only got like 40 hours on Arma 3 and probably only like 4 on Epoch, i've never even built a proper base before.

So whats your thoughts? Arma 2 Epoch or Arma 3? any feedback is great.

Welcome & Enjoy your upcoming server!

A2Epoch has much more immediately available content and support.

A3Epoch has much more potential for the future as well as better graphics and hardware support today.

In terms of player base A3Epoch is not far behind either, at least at the top of the world ranking, according to game tracker.

It is already running on 6 out of 15 top servers in the world: http://www.gametracker.com/search/?query=epoch&sort=3&order=DESC

If you go with A2Epoch you will keep losing player base as people will eventually 'upgrade'.

I would go for A3 Epoch from day0.

Welcome & Enjoy your upcoming server!

A2Epoch has much more immediately available content and support.

A3Epoch has much more potential for the future as well as better graphics and hardware support today.

In terms of player base A3Epoch is not far behind either, at least at the top of the world ranking, according to game tracker.

It is already running on 6 out of 15 top servers in the world: http://www.gametracker.com/search/?query=epoch&sort=3&order=DESC

If you go with A2Epoch you will keep losing player base as people will eventually 'upgrade'.

I would go for A3 Epoch from day0.

I think ill do a month of A2 and then a month of A3 and see which does better/works better.

Both damn I wish more people who operate dedi's would offer both. See no reason why they do not.

Requires more resources. Money to host, time to add/improve features and troubleshoot issues.

Once you have a working system easier to have 5x same server rather than branching out to 2 different base games.

Requires more resources. Money to host, time to add/improve features and troubleshoot issues.

Once you have a working system easier to have 5x same server rather than branching out to 2 different base games.

Requires time is mostly it, imho the arma 2 mod is still 1000X better then epoch on arma 3 mostly because as they've said its only 30% finished.

Server I play recently got a dedi but seem hesitant to put the work in to add options for its player base.

I get it's difficult like you said but when people decide to offer these services i would hope they do it to make it as good as humanly possible for there community.