EEK - A3Launcher has lost our server

AltisTales

Hi everyone

Here's a funny thing...as of yesterday morning, A3Launcher has completely lost our server!

I can't find it by searching for it and it was in my favourites so always at the top, and now it's just disappeared...as far as I'm aware we haven't done anything different or unusual - the server is the one in my sig.

Does anyone have any ideas? Does the A3Launcher creator still post on here frequently? Maybe they could shine some light on the problem. *crosses fingers*

Thanks.

Happens all the time. And be aware that you'll have to watch that your clients don't download 'bad' files from them as well. We had dozens that couldn't join the server because their download link included two files not included in the 'official' files from here. The program would tell them their files were corrupt or not uptodate. They would download the new files and 'boom' they could no longer join the server.

As you can tell, I'm not a big proponent of third party server browsers. Since gamespy shutdown, people, imo, would serve themselves well to learn how and where to download the mods they want to play and learn to 'install' them themselves. At least learn how to use ingame browser or Steam's server list. But then what do I know? I began with green (and orange) text on a black screen.....

Thank you for your replies guys.

Floyd, that's really interesting to know, I've had huge problems with people joining and being bounced again, we're thinking it's because they are running the 0.3 Epoch and then trying to get into a 2.5.2 server...maybe some of them are because of that...?

I've had an answer from them just now about the problem, they say:

"If you goto here http://data.a3launcher.com/home/check

Enter your server ip:steamQueryPort it will tell you the problem.

Your running @asdg_jr and the launcher doesnt not have that mod on it,"

So...there we go.