Bases Disappearing Constantly

Diesel Weasel

Question

I run an Epoch Cherno server from Vilayer and we've been up for a few weeks now. I have been trying and trying to stop bases from deleteing but it's not working. It took me a dog's age to find the HiveEXT.ini in my MasterConfig folder, something which not one of the sites explaining how to stop building cleanup explained, and I changed it to

;Negative values will disable this feature 
;0 means that ALL empty placed items will be deleted every server restart 
;A positive number is how old (in days) a placed empty item must be, in order for it to be deleted 
;CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1 

I also found the same file under my active_server folder and changed that to the very same thing. 

Our server is PvE strictly and so our players have come to build massive bases that have taken hours upon hours to build. Today we lost 3 entire bases alone. What more do I need to do to stop the cleanup? I have 2 events in our database: one that deletes any object in object_data that has damage of 1, and another that refills the traders qty when they hit 0. We are losing players from this and it is getting beyond upsetting when 13 hours of work deletes randomly. I'm nearly at wits end. I see other people having issues with buildables deleteing but no one has been replying. 

We're at 1.0.2.4 because I wanted to get this sorted before jumping into something else. Please someone give us a hand. Epoch brought our server back to life and now this is happening...

18 answers to this question

In my continued desperate search for an answer I stumbled upon this on the forum:

Prevent Cleanup of base building items
This is NOT recommended and is a only a workaround to prevent base building items from being cleaned up by the normal internal cleanup system. PLEASE NOTE: This will cause issues due to keeping too many objects in the world.
CREATE EVENT preventCleanup
    ON SCHEDULE EVERY 1 DAY
    COMMENT 'prevents all cleanup by setting datestamp to current'
    DO
        UPDATE `object_data` SET `Datestamp`=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP WHERE `ObjectUID` <> 0 AND `CharacterID` <> 0 AND ( (`Inventory` IS NULL) OR (`Inventory` = '[]') 

It failed at line 5 everytime I tried to run it until I noticed the missing ) at the end. Added that and boom, it accepted it right away. I'm praying this will fix our issue. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated and I shall find out within the next few days if bases are still deleteing.

Yeah next time use a proper text editor with syntax highlighting like Notepad++ and you will see that it is commented out that right away :/

I do use Notepad++. Everything on the page is green. Excuse me for not realizing that the ;'s edit out, and that it wasn't supposed to be green like the rest of the page.

Yeah next time use a proper text editor with syntax highlighting like Notepad++ and you will see that it is commented out that right away :/

Thank you so much. I had no idea that the ;'s edited out the commands. On vilayer the entire page is green which is why I assumed it was supposed to have the ;. I learned very, very quick that taking out a ; usually crashes the server which is why I never realized those weren't supposed to be there. Vilayer commented them out on me by default so I had no clue.

I've had it without the ; in there for days, weeks, with nothing despawning.

Still the same entry in there as has always been, now half our stuff has despawned. Any ideas?

[Objects]
;Flag indicating whether hiveext should detect vehicles out of map boundaries (X < 0, or Y > 15360) and reset their position to []
;Note: YOU MUST have a proper dayz_server.pbo that supports this feature, otherwise you will get script errors
;You can find that file under the SQF directory for your server version
;ResetOOBObjects = false
CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1

That's what it has been for the past I dunno... month or so? And setting this actually stopped the despawn that was happening, at the time. It's basically enough to make me pack up and quit everything, so annoying. Also if this isn't fixed soon then all the players are just gonna go leave. Incredibly frustrating! Where is the command that actually deletes it? I want to remove that to ensure nothing is ever deleted again.

I've had it without the ; in there for days, weeks, with nothing despawning.

Still the same entry in there as has always been, now half our stuff has despawned. Any ideas?

[Objects]
;Flag indicating whether hiveext should detect vehicles out of map boundaries (X < 0, or Y > 15360) and reset their position to []
;Note: YOU MUST have a proper dayz_server.pbo that supports this feature, otherwise you will get script errors
;You can find that file under the SQF directory for your server version
;ResetOOBObjects = false

That's what it has been for the past I dunno... month or so? And setting this actually stopped the despawn that was happening, at the time. It's basically enough to make me pack up and quit everything, so annoying. Also if this isn't fixed soon then all the players are just gonna go leave. Incredibly frustrating! Where is the command that actually deletes it? I want to remove that to ensure nothing is ever deleted again.

What about that event I posted up in my second post? That should reset all your objects' date of creation everyday and thus nothing will ever age. 

Another think you may want to check is (if you have Vilayer) your vilayer_active_server folder as it has a HiveEXT.ini as well. Don't know if that might be part of the problem. I read others set the CleanupPlacedAfterDays to 365 or higher as well. I left everything I posted in the first post but removed the pesky ; and thankfully everyone's bases are staying put finally!

The cause of all this for me is having buildings in with the vehicles, it makes database maintenance a real headache.  Everytime I wish to run a query to delete vehicles older than say 8 days old, I have to mess around adding in all the buildable items to exclude from the query.  Personaly, I think the buildables should go in a seperate database table called buildings or something.  It really doesn't help having it mixed in with the vehicles, it also looks like lazy programming imho.  

I to have the settings below, but shit gets deleted all the time because of a query I've ran or maybe a bug in the software. Either way, it'd much simpler to have the building items in a separate table.  Or am I missing something here? 

;Negative values will disable this feature
;0 means that ALL empty placed items will be deleted every server restart
;A positive number is how old (in days) a placed empty item must be, in order for it to be deleted

Here you go Hayward ;)

DELETE FROM `object_data` WHERE `LastUpdated` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 5 DAY) AND `CharacterID` > 0 AND `Classname` NOT IN ('VaultStorage','LockboxStorage','VaultStorageLocked','LockboxStorageLocked','WoodShack_DZ','StorageShed_DZ','TentStorageDomed','TentStorageDomed2','TentStorage')  AND `Inventory` <> '[]' AND `Inventory` IS NOT NULL
;

i know im resurrecting a post from the dead  but

Trying to import the event into my Navicat .. but keeps on getting a unsuccessful attempt

Where is the error in the SQL that my navicat wont accept it.

CREATE EVENT preventCleanup
    ON SCHEDULE EVERY 1 DAY
    COMMENT 'prevents all cleanup by setting datestamp to current'
    DO
        UPDATE `object_data` SET `Datestamp`=CURRENT_TIMESTAMP WHERE `ObjectUID` <> 0 AND `CharacterID` <> 0 AND ( (`Inventory` IS NULL) OR (`Inventory` = '[]') 

Hopefuly sumone can spot the error and help me get this event right on my DB as pieces of bases are contantly dissapearing on my server.

Thanks

Balldrick