WAI question

CR4NK

Question

Hi, i would like to creat new missions for WAI but there's a probelem i don't know what the _position select parts mean:

_baserunover0     = createVehicle ["MAP_fort_bagfence_corner",[(_position select 0) - 40, (_position select 1),-0.2],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

exactly this part: [(_position select 0) - 40, (_position select 1),-0.2]

what does the -40 stand for or the -0.2  and what does _position select 0 and 1? Does it stand for setDir and setPos?

And a other question is does someone know how i can setup a Vehicle init? For example i want that UralWrecks or HelicopterWrecks are burning when they spawn at a mission.

I thought on this: _baserunover    setVehicleInit "BIS_Effects_Burn = compile preprocessFile ""\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf""; nul = [this, 5, time, false, false] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn;";

4 answers to this question

OK, so how does the mission know the orientation of the buildings or items you place here?

How can I use the 3D Editor to create the assets for the mission, then make the mission use these assets? 

Seems to me there must be some way the mission file knows the relation of the buildings to each other? 

I'm starting to understand why there are not more addon missions available  ;-\  Any help would be appreciated.