A Way to Destroy The Compettition - Ideas

Ok, as most of you know, we have an enemy. That enemy, is known as Overpoch. Now, i've been playing Overpoch for the past few days, to see if i can find out what the literal crap is so much better about it. What have i found? Well, for one, it's mainly full of fan-boys who follow streamers, and YouTubers. Second, it's far more over powered, with the ability to get a larger variety of guns. Now, 0.3 version of Epoch is upon us, and this version is probably far better than 2.5.2, as it provides more gameplay opportunities. But what's next? That's up to the Developers. But what i'm interested in, are ideas that keep the game balanced, and don't break immersion. My ultimate goal, is taking the steam away from Overpoch, and bringing it back to where it rightfully belongs. Here with Epoch, the soul creators of this game, the mission, the design. How do we do it?

Lets get this started.

The appeal of Overpoch is that is uses the weapon pack made by Massi, players want choice and @MAS opens up a lot of content.

The Epoch devs won't ask for permission to use mods, they'll use if offered though :)

So unless Massi offers his weapons then Overpoch will stay unless Epoch add a lot of new content but even then you'd have all the new Epoch content plus the Massi weapon pack :lol:

Once a large vehicle pack is released that'll be added, that was what made the original Overpoch so appeal, choice, choice and more choice.

Well then i have an idea in that matter. If i can get someone to offer Epoch High quality vehicles and weapons for use in the mod, than we may just be able to win  again. Why would that work you may ask? Well a weakness with the weapon pack of Massi's, is that it's detail is sub-par. Not that great. Sure, it's a large variety, but i know a few that have sharp Arma 3 Quality, and Quantity. This provides choice, but no matter what you choose, it's always good looking. Also, about Vehicles, that's the only mod i'm not certain about in terms of quality or quantity. I on't have any Vehicle mods in my list now that i think about it... I'll start looking around.

Well actually, the SMA crew wouldn't mind letting you guys use their weapons mod, they're hard at work on it, and are getting closer to version 2.0, which includes a whole new arsenal of unique guns that not even Overpoch has. They are glad people use their mod, it's personally one of my favorites ( you can tell by my profile pic), and the quality and quantity is superb.

As for objects, what kind of terrain is it? I think I know of a few object packs, and really good ones, high detail. Pool Punks is one of them, which adds a lot of tropical beach style things.

I've seen a object packs, what i'd really like is to work with an object creator for some unique content, I'm not using any A2 assests so it has no dependencies.

Poolpunk very kindly granted me permission to use his work :) but that only applies to coastal objects

I would recommend X-Cam, but you'd have to watch up to 20+ Tutorials on how to use it. However, once you get used to it, you'll then have to ask the Devs of X-cam to use it, as i don't think they're willing to just release it to the Public. It's one hell of a tool for building maps, and is great for creativity, and neat placement of objects in a very short amount of time. I on't believe there are any dependencies. I could be wrong, but it's worth taking a look at, as its the best available so far.

I'm fine with object placements, it's the lack of objects to place causing the problems, right now there are only Altis or Stratis objects plus a few packs, i want buildings, lots of new buildings and a bridge and 101 other things :lol:

Anyways we went a bit off-topic, maybe continue this via PM or TS3 :)

Well your right, it's a bit off topic.

None the less, those are all i know of as of now. Back on Topic now, this is mainly a thread for ideas on mods that can be used in Vanilla Epoch content. Either till full version of for now. But i think it's worth it to bring a lot of players over to Epoch rather than Overpoch. If it's choice in weapons, using the SMA pack which they don't mind, it's a fantastic mod, and the addition of the Marksman DLC, would be ideal, and would essentially beat Overpoch in weapon choice. Also, Epoch has better traders and a mission system now with version 0.3, as OVerpoch's Traders are a little broken-ish, and are faulty in many ways. 

Not really, if you know how to change a few things then they work perfectly fine.

Well, what i mean is they're less fluent than Vanilla Epoch ones. As it's not just me, but around the entire server agree that it's a pain to have to use the scroll menu to access them rather than just pressing inventory, and even the GUI for the trading in vanilla is much, much more fluent. However though, you can't buy everything at the traders, which is probably what most Overpochers prefer, despite the fact you can find it all around the map.

Didn't say they hate them. A majority are just annoyed by the clumsiness of accessing them. But of course it still exists because they can be relied on, it's not broken, it's just buggy.

On the note of reliability, that's a feature Epoch isn't trying to revolve around. Why? Because in a survival situation a guy you went to the other day, isn't going to have the same stuff with him daily. He has what's been given to him, or what he's always had until someone comes along and buy's it or shoots him. Epoch is revolving around Dynamics flow, and not main stream DayZ style gameplay like that of their previous iteration on Arma 2. Epoch 3 is better because it's never the same. Everything changes constantly. Of course though, one of the reasons people play Overpoch for example is because that is your crowd attracted to things that are handed to them. I walked by a 10 story base the other day, and that is an obvious "been handed to" example. Enough of that though. Point is, Overpoch is taking away ideal attention from the main development of Epoch. Whenever people here of Epoch, they think of CCG, which doesn't really have anything but Overpoch servers. Hell, I was surprised how fast they came out with Overpoch when Epoch was Available for Alpha testing. In fact, I think they had up Overpoch during the Make Arma Not War Competition.

If there is anyway to help Epoch become better than those taking the steam away from it's core game, I wouldn't mind finding tons of ways to help bring back most of that steam, and help make Epoch better in the long run. It's probably one of the only few mods I can deal with playing over Vanilla Arma 3 content.

Didn't say they hate them. A majority are just annoyed by the clumsiness of accessing them. But of course it still exists because they can be relied on, it's not broken, it's just buggy.

On the note of reliability, that's a feature Epoch isn't trying to revolve around. Why? Because in a survival situation a guy you went to the other day, isn't going to have the same stuff with him daily. He has what's been given to him, or what he's always had until someone comes along and buy's it or shoots him. Epoch is revolving around Dynamics flow, and not main stream DayZ style gameplay like that of their previous iteration on Arma 2. Epoch 3 is better because it's never the same. Everything changes constantly. Of course though, one of the reasons people play Overpoch for example is because that is your crowd attracted to things that are handed to them. I walked by a 10 story base the other day, and that is an obvious "been handed to" example. Enough of that though. Point is, Overpoch is taking away ideal attention from the main development of Epoch. Whenever people here of Epoch, they think of CCG, which doesn't really have anything but Overpoch servers. Hell, I was surprised how fast they came out with Overpoch when Epoch was Available for Alpha testing. In fact, I think they had up Overpoch during the Make Arma Not War Competition.

If there is anyway to help Epoch become better than those taking the steam away from it's core game, I wouldn't mind finding tons of ways to help bring back most of that steam, and help make Epoch better in the long run. It's probably one of the only few mods I can deal with playing over Vanilla Arma 3 content.

I think you need to get your facts straight before barging in and saying shit...