Drones

flow0815

We have AI missions on our server, and these drones are spawning in on us while we are in a firefight. Multiple at a time if you are in a group.

Would be nice if there was a way to disable this feature.

Can't the new swarm system not be disabled?

Will suck big time if thats the case, Sappers i dont mind but them drones are a pain in the butt. Had 7 on me all at once last night while i was at a trader, i had not fired my gun witch was suppressed anyways, just logged on fly to traders and sell something, i looked up and it was like being in a Sci Fi movie with loads of UFO's flying around, not quite the A2 epoch experience i was looking for!

I may have missed this earlier but the rate of drone spawn is not a server configurable setting or it is? 

After loading the new epoch today I was on my base and a drone showed up . Shot it.  Two more came. Shot them.  Eventually I had five drones hovering.  I was expecting to see about 25 AI but there were only five.

Never the less, it was impossible to get rid of the drones.  If what others have said about shooting/looting then perhaps shooting down the first drone attracted the next and so on.

lay in prone gives you abit more hight to aim with

Which makes complete sense, doesn't it? Lol

What ever happened to "Whine , Whine , Snivel " , There are no Zombies , No challenge , you can just sit around bldg all day ? :lol:

Yeah it seems to be an endless cycle of trying to satisfy people that can't make up their minds. XD I think the people that complain about not having enough challenge are actually just reminiscent of DayZ where zombies weren't actually a threat at all if you positioned yourself correctly, like in or on their bases where that could just unload on them without a care.

What if we did something similar as that one script in a2 where you could use zombie guts to cloak yourself from being detected by them? I mean that would make sense with the sappers anyways since they use their sense of smell. Drones, you could use some kind of jammer that you have to build. Eh?

I'm thinking they need to make some other antagonists that are more of a replacement/representation of what zeds were in A2E.

So far they are much more deadly and being treated as the common antagonists where as I feel they should be the rare and elite antagonists and not the common ones you would run into more often.

The Sappers and UAV AI remind me of something like Dr. Ivan in Origins that was a less common antagonist.

Least that feeling I get.. The Sapper don't make you bleed or break your leg like Dr. Ivan did..  He hit you once and you were dead whereas common zeds made you bleed or broke a leg and were only a big threat when in larger numbers.

Can you imagine 5 sappers running around you all the time.. Probability of you being blown up would be a pretty high number I suspect and if they don't get you.. here comes a fleet of UAV drones. lol

What ever happened to "Whine , Whine , Snivel " , There are no Zombies , No challenge , you can just sit around bldg all day ? :lol:

It still exists. There are no zombies. No one ever asked for more drones and sappers. Having more of an antagonist mechanic most players dislike in the first place in no way improves the mod experience. 

I'm thinking they need to make some other antagonists that are more of a replacement/representation of what zeds were in A2E.

We've been playing around with the Raptor Pack on Bornholm and it's been a blast. Much like zombies, they add a constant threat, while at the same time being manageable via smart gameplay.

zombies where pointless in A2 epoch, but a good roaming a.i setup was always better, and i think it still applies, sappers are pointless and im yet to die to one, but a.i that warm with drones are a challenge, just wish they did swarm so much on this patch, so overall a.i save the day again ;)

we changed

class CfgMainTable
{
    class Default
    {
        chance = 1;
        lootMin = 1;
        LootMax = 1;
        tables[] = { "Food" };
        antagonists[] = {
                { "UAV", 50 },
                { "Cloak", 20 }, // Night = Epoch_Cloak_F, Day = Epoch_Sapper_F
                { "Sapper", 20 },
                { "SapperB", 5 },
                { "PHANTOM", 5 }
        };
    };

to

class CfgMainTable
{
    class Default
    {
        chance = 1;
        lootMin = 1;
        LootMax = 1;
        tables[] = { "Food" };
        antagonists[] = {
                { "UAV", 0 },
                { "Cloak", 0 }, // Night = Epoch_Cloak_F, Day = Epoch_Sapper_F
                { "Sapper", 0 },
                { "SapperB", 0 },
                { "PHANTOM", 0 }
        };
    };

still every 2-4 minutes while idle a UAV came along..

changed it again to

class CfgMainTable
{
    class Default
    {
        chance = 1;
        lootMin = 1;
        LootMax = 1;
        tables[] = { "Food" };
        antagonists[] = {
                { "UAV", 900 },
                { "Cloak", 900 }, // Night = Epoch_Cloak_F, Day = Epoch_Sapper_F
                { "Sapper", 900 },
                { "SapperB", 900 },
                { "PHANTOM", 900 }
        };
    };

still the same...

dont understand what we should change... there is no commentary about 1 till 1000 what happens with different count...

could someone explain it please?

Edit loot.h in server settings pbo

Actually its only for % for each antagonists to spawn when you are looting. They use another system for the ones which spawn dynamic. As they have a chance to spawn each 5 mins. Maybe the default affect the dynamic spawn percentage for the chance of each antagonist to spawn, but you cant really control the chance for them to spawn when players are just "camping".

Would be fun to be able the change the change for the dynamic spawning Antagonists, as the sapper/cloak guys is really fun and scare the crap out of you. The UAVs are fun but spawn to much for the moment.

we changed

class CfgMainTable

{

class Default

{

chance = 1;

lootMin = 1;

LootMax = 1;

tables[] = { "Food" };

antagonists[] = {

{ "UAV", 50 },

{ "Cloak", 20 }, // Night = Epoch_Cloak_F, Day = Epoch_Sapper_F

{ "Sapper", 20 },

{ "SapperB", 5 },

{ "PHANTOM", 5 }

};

};

to

class CfgMainTable

{

class Default

{

chance = 1;

lootMin = 1;

LootMax = 1;

tables[] = { "Food" };

antagonists[] = {

{ "UAV", 0 },

{ "Cloak", 0 }, // Night = Epoch_Cloak_F, Day = Epoch_Sapper_F

{ "Sapper", 0 },

{ "SapperB", 0 },

{ "PHANTOM", 0 }

};

};

still every 2-4 minutes while idle a UAV came along..

changed it again to

class CfgMainTable

{

class Default

{

chance = 1;

lootMin = 1;

LootMax = 1;

tables[] = { "Food" };

antagonists[] = {

{ "UAV", 900 },

{ "Cloak", 900 }, // Night = Epoch_Cloak_F, Day = Epoch_Sapper_F

{ "Sapper", 900 },

{ "SapperB", 900 },

{ "PHANTOM", 900 }

};

};

still the same...

dont understand what we should change... there is no commentary about 1 till 1000 what happens with different count...

could someone explain it please?

This is the chance for each of the antagonist to spawn when you are looting. Is your chance for an antagonist to spawn is 9 % and the you get in the 9 % the following is happening!

class CfgMainTable

{

class Default

{

chance = 1;

lootMin = 1;

LootMax = 1;

tables[] = { "Food" };

antagonists[] = {

{ "UAV", 50 },  50 % chance of a UAV to spawn

{ "Cloak", 20 }, // Night = Epoch_Cloak_F, Day = Epoch_Sapper_F 20 % chance of a Cloak to spawn (if day a sapper spawn)

{ "Sapper", 20 }, 20 % chance of a Sapper to spawn

{ "SapperB", 5 }, 5 % chance of a SapperB to spawn

{ "PHANTOM", 5 } 5 % chance of a PHANTOM to spawn

};

};

It should sum up to 100 % as above.

If you put 900 on each you get 4500 % and thats not good, should sum up to 100 %.