Drones

flow0815

Hi together,

what is it with those drones? They really just are annoying. Running around 10 minutes, finding no gun, drone, AI => DEAD. Respawn, running around 10 minutes, finding a gun, miss the drone. AI => DEAD.
Thit happens about 10 times now. I don't want to complain but is there any way to get around the drones? Hiding from them or such? This makes no fun at all with that little bastards.

Regards

Flow

I think Axe man is still tweaking them. I brought up some suggestions in another thread, like not moving directly to where the player is and maybe only chance of spawning on gun fire or something. I think UAVS would be more appropriate to be attracted to gun fights rather than sappers. I think sappers should maybe only have a higher chance of spawning if you're idling in one area(out doors not in doors!) for too long.

• 2 weeks later...

The drones in 0.3.0.1 seem way to frequent.  I was playing with 2 friend last night on my server and drone showed up every few minutes. In some cases one would spawn just after we took the prior one down.

gonna need to see if it can be dialed back on my end. It is crazy that AI seems to have a massive Drone airforce at their disposal.

Yep. I've noticed this as well. If I just sit around long enough, not touching any loot piles, a UAV will show up. I set all spawn chances to 0% and they still spawn, whether or not I loot anything.

I also set all events to 0 and they're still showing up (maybe setting it to 0 seconds means it'll just keep spawning in events until the server restarts?)

Hi together,

what is it with those drones? They really just are annoying. Running around 10 minutes, finding no gun, drone, AI => DEAD. Respawn, running around 10 minutes, finding a gun, miss the drone. AI => DEAD.

Thit happens about 10 times now. I don't want to complain but is there any way to get around the drones? Hiding from them or such? This makes no fun at all with that little bastards.

Regards

Flow

just play on a server that has turned off antagonists or turned them down loads

I'm content to have drones spawning when firing a gun rather than sappers.  At least you can get away from a drone if you're in a fight.  However, like I mentioned in a couple places now, it would be so much more appropriate if sappers didn't spawn on you if you are in a building.  Going by the whole idea that Sappers are blind and find you by sense of smell, it makes more sense if they spawn on you if you're sitting in one place outside.  Again, I'm not sure how possible this would be, the whole being inside/outside thing.  I think it's interesting, however, when cultists spawn on you while you are indoors because they don't make much noise and you look out a window and they're just staring at you, which is creepy as fook lol.

Also, I think drones might be easier to deal with if they're just flying lower, since the altitude they fly and the proximity to the player make them impossible to hit most of the time, and they can be quite difficult to hit to begin with.  You usually only get a couple seconds window to be able to touch them before they're out of range over your head.  If they could stop just inside of that firing range and still be able to detect you that would be great, but they're usually just outside of that range, which is why I'm thinking if they were just a little lower that might be corrected.

"Drone spawns on shooting gun."

It's like the song.. 99 bottles of beer.

"Shoot a drone down another comes around.. 99 drones on your ass."

Don't really need any AI missions anymore.

Just stand still for a minute and you just created a mission.

"Drone dodging"

I watch one player in my sever today fight of 12 drones at once not in city he was building for his base. He didn't even kill a trader !!. Now he is moaning he has no ammo left :-).

Lol... But seriously 12 seem OTT !

@dwarfer

yes it seems odd, while i was on the same server for the same time, at my spot there was not one single drone spawning in. i had 3 sappers appear out of nowhere though. perhaps more remote areas have a less chance of spawning in drones. be interesting to know the exact conditions.

love the increase of danger though. i have been missing those moments where you have to check your 6 constantly :)

A feature added for PVP "anti camper feature" wish you guys think about the PvE servers out there when adding some of these features or at least give us more to config when you release an update so we can make the changes. In all though I'm very happy with the latest update

Sappers are spawned more if you are soiled and drones spawn more if you fire your weapon in a city less if using a silencer. 

AI antagonists now persist the state so if you spawn a Drone  and do not kill it and simply logout the next time you return to the server the Drone will spawn again.

This is not what I'm experiencing. They just sapwn on you at random, no need to shoot/loot.

Yeah Trauma is right, I am not bothering anyone, silently build a base not looting anything, and drones keep spawning on me. Same with other people on the server. And same with sappers, they just randomly appear every 5 minutes or so. Admin reduced spawning of antagonists to the minimum, but they still spawn at same frequency.

This is not what I'm experiencing. They just sapwn on you at random, no need to shoot/loot.

Yes, yesterday was a constant battle as the server I play on went live with 3.0.1.....not with players unfortunately, but just gathering wood for building.... nowhere near a town/city, no shooting.

Wait.....do drones not differentiate between gunfire and hatchet strikes?  I mean they use "ammo"