Full Moon Time Settings Night is to Dark

Tango2k13

Question

Hello,

Well before i start here:

Yes i google about this Problem but my Problem isnt fixed on any site or anything similar Problem i cant find in the Web.

So my Problem is:

I want a Full Moon Night my Server has 6 Hours Runtime.

I wish to have a Full Moon Night so the the night isnt so Dark as Normal.

I use this Settings:

// Time based
StaticDateTime[] = {2035,3,23,7,0}; // {0,0,0,8,0} would forces the server to start at 8am each time it is started while allowing the year, month and day to stay real time. Any values left at 0 will result in no change.
timeDifference = 0; // Server uses real time this will allow you to offset just the hour.
timeMultiplier = 18; // Sets a time multiplier for in-game time. The command range is now capped at 0.1 - 120 to avoid performance problems.

So i used google to find a Full Moon Night and added the Date to the Above code:

Google says that this Date is a Full Moon Date:

Freitag, 23. März 2035, 23:42:12 Uhr

Friday,23th March Fullmoon at 23:42

Can be checked here:

http://www.calendar-12.com/moon_calendar/2035/march

I i used the above code on my Server and there is No FullMoon night or any Moon on the server in the Night.

Can anyone assist me is the date wrong or do i missing anything?

Kind Regards

10 answers to this question

This might help: http://survivorfelix.beepworld.de/files/calendar_you.png

If not, open the Island You want in the editor and use the commands setDate and/or skipTime.

Greez KiloSwiss

Thx Kilo but i didnt understand this image............

Iam from Germany and iam not sure if iam that dumb but if i google a Fullmoon night on Google and paste this date to the above code why this isnt working.

I have to say iam very new with arma 3 setup i got everything working but this Issue is really Terrible becouse its for me not logic maybe iam really stupid.

iam not very familar with the editor and adding there things i installed normal epoch and some mods everything is working but like i say before this Issue is really Rerrible.

Kind Regards & Thx For your Feedback

Edit:

All i want is a Above code that gives me a Big Fullmoon night so the moon is really near on the player.

Regards

Go into the Editor, place a unit, klick on preview (Auf Deutsch "Vorschau"), press "ESC" and use setdate to set the Date from Your "epochconfig.hpp".

Then switch forward (using setDate again or by using skipTime) until you found a full moon night.

You only need to klick on the Links in my previous post and the ArmA Wiki pages explain how to use these commands.

The picture shows the moon (or day/night) cycle of Chernarus for the Years 2011 - 2012.

This should show You that ArmA does use its own imaginary moon cycle, so using real world data will not work.

Greez KiloSwiss

Go into the Editor, place a unit, klick on preview (Auf Deutsch "Vorschau"), press "ESC" and use setdate to set the Date from Your "epochconfig.hpp".

Then switch forward (using setDate again or by using skipTime) until you found a full moon night.

You only need to klick on the Links in my previous post and the ArmA Wiki pages explain how to use these commands.

The picture shows the moon (or day/night) cycle of Chernarus for the Years 2011 - 2012.

This should show You that ArmA does use its own imaginary moon cycle, so using real world data will not work.

Greez KiloSwiss

Thx for this now i will check it now thx for your Help

So is there any Difference to this Altis Map?Becouse iam running altis atm but its good to know if i will begin later to run a Chernarus Map ;)

If there is Difference Between this Image on each map could you link maybe to this?

Yes this explains now why i have on some settings no moon but i thought it was using real world data :)

Kind Regards & Thx again for this Useful Info!

I don't know if the mooncycle differs from island to island, but the "star-allignment" differs because every island has its own "real world coordinates".

There also exists a worldmap of the armaverse.

I'm on the phone, can't explain it better now.

Greez KiloSwiss

Have a read of this post on BI Forums regarding moon-phases in Arma, and how they arent exactly accurate (they are off by approx 10 days, gave or take a day) :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149187-Terra-Sol-Stella-Scientifically-Precise-But-Luna-is-acting-a-little-loony-p

Then just use setDate in the Arma3 Editor (with the map your using) to work out your desired dates for the moon-phase you want. Set it to {2035,3,23,0,0} (midnight) for example to see the moon when it should be darkest, then just play with the year,month,day parameters referencing your real-world moon-phase calendar adding in the 9/10/11 day adjustment.  It may sound like a lot of work, but it doesnt actually take long to cycle through the claendar in the editor this way.

Remember the angle of the sun differs in northern/southern hemisphere (maps geo-location), so daylight is less in winter months in northern hemisphere maps.  Which means your light settings differ with dates as well as the moon phases.  Also the light at different times of day is different - just like IRL - due to the angle of the sun.

I have same problem but the opposite one ;) I want to see these damn cultists and I search a date of new moon, I put 2035,6,5 in my server, according to this : http://www.lecalendrier.fr/calendrier-lunaire-juin-2035

But, in game, I have a huge moon int the sky...

So, anyone have a date for these damn cultists appears ??

Thx in advance

EDIT : Sry, I readed a little faster, I tried the method with the editor and it worked great, but my date was fine actually...

I put this date {2035,6,20,23,1}, and there is no moon at this time, so why the cultists don't spawn at all ????