Unplayable due to desync

Zev19

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure if there's a well known fix out for this already.

Basically, I have constant desyncs with the game where I'll get the notification at the loading screen or eventually get into the role assignment page but then wait forever for the receiving data to happen which I'll always be kicked for when it happens.

Furthermore, when I'm in the server browser, I can see that my ms is fine, around 34. I find that it's very sporadic too where it works perfectly fine for a few hours and then if I do exit and come back into the game, I'll be unable to play

I'm using the 0.2.5.2 as the servers in my country are only running those at the moment.

I've also tried a number of things already ranging from deleting the files in APpdata to verifying game cache from steam.

Would be much appreciated if anyone could help me figure this out. 

I know I don't have any desync playing on my servers do have have a router? Here is what I would do kick everyone off the router if you have one and try again. You could also check your system resources and see what you pushing in and out.

Arma 3 uses the same default ports as Arma 2 with the addition of 2 steam ports. So if you intend running A2 and A3 servers on the same machine, you need to edit the ports used. Default ports are all UDP and as follows

Incoming:

• 2302 (Arma3 Game port) + (VON is now part of main gameport due to NAT issues)
  • 2303 (STEAM query )
  • 2304 (Steam port)
  • 2305 (VON port - not used atm. but allocated)

Source BI Studio Wiki

To reply to everyone at once, I do have a router and yes I've tried kicking off all other users as it was my first assumption but it turns out it wasn't.

I've tried different servers too, all to the same conclusion. It literally just works sometimes and then most of the time it doesn't.

I've already tried the port-forwarding already but I'll give it another go with a different router.

Edit: Nope, still doesn't do anything even with port forwarding

I have similar issues sometimes but it's because my ISP is a POS. My ping to servers has been anywhere between 65ish to above 200ms. I assume it's traffic shaping for me. The world needs better choices for ISPs.

FYI since I work for a ISP if you experience issues during prime time you need to have them look at utilization as most cisco or arris routers start having traffic issues around 85%

If I call mine they just waste my time with reseting the *achem* Dsl modem and running tests that I know how to do myself and then simply tell me traffic must be high and follow by asking me if there's anything else they could help me with. "You didn't finish helping me with the original problem". I had no Internet at all for a month and found out they were having grounding issues with their servers after like 3 weeks of calling them.. still had to pay. $40/mo. for 1.5mbit if I'm lucky and avg 150m ping even if it's to the dns, random disconnects.. only other option where I live is Hugh's Net or move lol fml.

You need to tell them to open a ticket with their RDC (Regional Data Center) for over utilization. I'm sure you have a guaranteed speed that you are paying for even if it's on network. It's alteast worth another try!

You need to tell them to open a ticket with their RDC (Regional Data Center) for over utilization. I'm sure you have a guaranteed speed that you are paying for even if it's on network. It's alteast worth another try!

Bill says I'm supposed to get 3Mbit, asked them about it and they said that's an average and it varies by area. I've been wrestling with them for about 5yrs now, just gets worse and worse. Ask them to look into something and either they take a month to get back to you or just don't at all. There are hate groups for my ISP lol. I just need to move, we'll never get decent Internet here.

Hell if I could just get a ping to a server 50mi away from me at under 100ms I'd be happy.

Sorry to high jack with idle rant, just getting fed up over here. Hopefully the OP gets his issues sorted.

-Stop your sons from downloading pron, your daughters from downling Justin beeber videos, and your wife from getting "50 shades of grey" from uTorrent.

j/k

try https://www.speedtest.netand see if there are any issues with your bandwidth..

And yes, constant desyncs are NOT common; there's something wrong with your connection or PC. A virus, or being part of a botnet, is possible.. Let someone who knows look at it and sort it for you.

Unless you live in the UK, and share your bandwidth with your 100 neighbors... Welcome to the 3rd world, internet side, which is called the UK.

:P You know what i mean

2302 is the default ArmA port, most dedicated servers use that port, GSP use strange port ranges.

Every server we have hosted had 2302 port and none of them were dedi. lol

but they did run well! woudln't mind setting up a A3 epoch one next

-Stop your sons from downloading pron, your daughters from downling Justin beeber videos, and your wife from getting "50 shades of grey" from uTorrent.

j/k

try https://www.speedtest.netand see if there are any issues with your bandwidth..

And yes, constant desyncs are NOT common; there's something wrong with your connection or PC. A virus, or being part of a botnet, is possible.. Let someone who knows look at it and sort it for you.

Unless you live in the UK, and share your bandwidth with your 100 neighbors... Welcome to the 3rd world, internet side, which is called the UK.

Haha 3rd world?

I'm in mid-Wales and have a pretty solid connection. Until my brother starts streaming HD TV of course...the bastard.

Internet down again, they can't make it out until the 26th or 27th. Done. Not sure how I'm going to make it without internet, but I'm not paying my hard earned money for something I can't even use the majority of the time, if at all. It was nice knowing you world, back to the confines of this shit hole of America.

Not sure what the states are like but in the UK we can get 4G and tether it, it's 10x faster than my shitty adsl line.

Maybe see if you can get a mobile data plan and tether, unlimited isn't cheap in the UK though.

Yeah I've been considering that, might just go that route.

Here in Chattanooga,Tn local power company provides 1gb fiber up and down..for 70 month.. So not all us internet sux lol.. Dsl and comcast the both suck balls and download is never equal to upload..and hear rumors of 3gb soon..so i host from home.. The only downside is the ocassional power outage..battery back up helps..having quality gb router makes big diff

I feel ur pain on crappy internet,,before power company