DMRMS – Another A3 Mission System

Dwarfer

** Please move to Mission Forum if more applicable.

Hi Guys,

Our Community Dead Men Rising have been working on our own Mission system built from the ground up using inspiration from the old A2 DZMS/EMS and the version we heavily modified for our own A2 server.  So far we have the core 70% built with a handful of mission.  Most of the work has been done by our member Weird with myself tweaking and doing mission work.

If there is interest from the community we may open this up to everyone however we want to look at how we protect our code from people selling it on to make money (not even for installing it).  We have zero interest in releasing it so other people can profit from it.  If anyone has good advice here would be great to hear it.

So far the base has the items listed below. 

If you want to see what some of the mission are like check out the Videos bellow or come over and have a go on our servers.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAwIoZM4asdvgdEaboAF1e_qC4FfeklAw

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAwIoZM4asdsk525p1NsJos9xANUsfyQM

Features

Auto Loading PBO

Small client mission footprint

8 Independent missions threads running at one (more can be added) with unique timers

Mission Queues per thread

Multi Map Support (Altis, Bornholm and Chernarus)

Global Messages, Local Messages, Vehicle Messages

Mission Timeout

Mission Failure

AI Fast Roping

AI Helicopters

AI Helicopter Pickups (for remote mission)

AI ParaDrop

AI Friends/Helpers

Queue Mission'ss from Client (admin)

Mission Loot. This is generated from complete Crypto reward per mission/difficulty

Mission

Transport from Location X to Location Y (random) – Reward is Crypto

Box/Container Transport  from Location X to Location Y (random) – Reward is Crypto

Fetch Box Mission. Yellow, Blue, Green and Red (difficulties) – Reward Crate

Save our Base. Helicopter pickup/drop off, AI Fast Rope – Reward Crate

Save our Town. Helicopter pickup/drop off, AI Fast Rope – Reward Crate

Bomb Town. Re take town before BOOM… – Reward Crate

Supply Convoy – WIP

ToDo

Headless Support

Code Comment/Tidy

More Map Support

Vehicle Messages - FIX

Better Client Messages/Radio

Heli Pickup Mission

Simple Box Mission

Richie

I may take you up on that offer. We are wondering how the CfgPricing is going to work in the mission file. From our own guessing and thoughts that will be the only think we have to fix with 0.3.x.. we Hope ;-)

Looks and sounds amazing. Have been on the look out for a new AI mission system now WAI will not be updated anymore.

Seems you have covered most of the core features that I would have suggested. But if you ever need a server to test this is be more than happy to try it out. Feel free to pm me for any info or details you wish to know.

Great work keep it up +1

If you were to release this, I would probably make it the sole mission system on my server.

Will all four colored missions run at once like blckeagl's, or would a colored mission run one at a time with one of the four difficulties?

Hi VAKE

So the way it works at the moment is you can have 8 mission (threads) running at once Within each Thread you have the ability to queue as many mission as you like one after the other with random intervals and selection.

The colors at the mo only really represent difficulty. We are still tweaking this.

I think we want to finish some other items and make templates how to make more missions before we release. 

If anyone thinks something is missing let me know will add to our wish list.

THanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So.. We have talked and we are still planning to release this is some format soon. We have fixed the issues that 0.3.x brought in and have check for custom loot tables works.  We have some tidy jobs todo first (change some hard-coded values). We will be looking to find 2-3 test server owners who can try and initial resale hopefully who have 40-60 players to test the load levels.

We will also be working on a headless client support to keep up performance for the bigger hosts.. If anyone has good experience with how the headless client stuff works drop me a PM :-)

ATM I don't have a time frames but would like to think we should have something available within 3-4 weeks for a couple of test sites (maybe) then couple of weeks after that.

Thanks

Hi,

So.. We have talked and we are still planning to release this is some format soon. We have fixed the issues that 0.3.x brought in and have check for custom loot tables works.  We have some tidy jobs todo first (change some hard-coded values). We will be looking to find 2-3 test server owners who can try and initial resale hopefully who have 40-60 players to test the load levels.

We will also be working on a headless client support to keep up performance for the bigger hosts.. If anyone has good experience with how the headless client stuff works drop me a PM :-)

ATM I don't have a time frames but would like to think we should have something available within 3-4 weeks for a couple of test sites (maybe) then couple of weeks after that.

Thanks

Im very interested in the release and will keep my eye on this. 

Thanks for the update, I hope you finish sooner as another month or two is freaking long to wait for something that will liven up a server this much!