[scarCODE] S.R.W. (Server Restart Warnings) by IT07

IT07

This issue has been added to the issue list on this post as well as on github.

I would appreciate it if all of you that have the issue could send me detailed testing info about this issue.

At the moment, I am unable to test this issue due to lack of free time and people.

As soon as I find a fix, it will be published. Just so you know: I am working on finding the cause of this issue and I would greatly appreciate it if all of you could send me detailed info

about how and when things are not working as it should be.

Thank you.

UPDATE

New version: 02038_BETA

Possible fix found for issue where warnings were not synced across all screens.

Please download the latest version from gitHub if you were experiencing this issue.

If the issue still persists, please report.

The source of the issue has been found. It's related to a part of the script that is supposed to give the exact time when the server started. Apparently that command is bugged in ArmA 3. Going to try and find a solution.

UPDATE! Version 02048_BETA

Support for scheduled restarts has been removed due to discovery of limitations within the ArmA 3 game which would make the scheduled restart warnings very unreliable.

Details of this will be posted in the main post.

Yes it is a shame indeed. If you want to help me and a lot of others out with this issue, please upvote the issue I submitted to the feedback tracker.

Dynamic means that whenever your server starts, it will start counting down while giving warnings on the given times in _warningSchedule.

It is especially made for servers that restarts a certain amount of time after the server was started. Which is in my opinion the best way of handling server restarts.

Because if you use a schedule and the server would for example crash 5 minutes before it was supposed to restart, then the server would have to restart again within 5 minutes which really sucks. But I know that still a lot of servers use it so I wanted to add support for it but that failed.

got a script restriction #22

29.03.2015 15:33:28: TATER (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - #22 "R_MP.Chernarus\init.sqf"
if (hasInterface) then
{

[true] ExecVM "ScarCode\SC_restartWarnings.sqf";
};

Your BE filters are not my concern. I do not support them because they suck and are most of the times different on every server so it would be impossible to include instructions for them too.

If you use them, you got to know how they work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I dont understand how install SRW separately without onother stuff.

The only things you need to do is make sure that the class SRW for cfgFunctions is in your description.ext like shown in the example and copy the SRW folder into a folder called scarCODE inside the root of your mission file. If you do not have a scarCODE folder, create it. I hope this is clear enough for you :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...