Shipwreck Treasure Looting help...

blueman

I found treasure chests at shipwrecks.

The game gives me the "search" option,

when I search, the chest opens, and I can
see that there are gems in it, but I have
no way of taking them.

Pressing "i" for inventory, in same way as looting other crates does not bring up a window

Any idea? Is this a bug? I've seen youtube videos of others taking the treasure,
and I see a small "hand" icon on their screen, but there are no instructions on "how to".

:unsure:

If you get in just the right position in front of the crate you will get a "Take All" option.  You have to be quick about it though if you don't have a rebreather.  I managed to pull it off yesterday without one but I was really close to drowning.  I found that if you swim down once, open the crate with "Search", then go up and take a breath and then swim back down again and position yourself in front of the crate you can get the loot with "Take All".  

I read somewhere that you need something called an "excavator" to loot treasure. Is that true? I have never seen anything spawn in game called an excavator.

Nope, just keep trying different angles and you should get it eventually. 

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same kind of issues dude and it's driving me mad.

What I have experienced...

- If I find a shipwreck that has been beached up on shore I can access the treasure box fine as I am not actually swimming at that point.

- I've equipped a rebreather outfit and wetsuit and gone down to depths underwater and tried to loot underwater treasure but all I get is the option to Open, the box animates and opens, I see the contents but neither Inventory or Gear keys do anything, the Open scroll option remains and if I press it a second time I always get BE restriction error kicked from the game! ...

This is becoming very annoying, I've read the other posts on this topic about positioning in front of the treasure box but I never get any other options, I've wasted so much time trying I could literally cry...

Really hope some one can offer some advice.

TY

If you are getting BE kicks the server you are playing on does not have the correct filters in place. If this is your server check the log files for BE and see what it is. Gut is probably addammo.

Is it the battleye/scripts.txt where I need to look in for this problem?

Sorry it is my own server but to be honest I know diddly squat about BE scripting so everything in this file is just jargon to me, any changes I've made to my server in the sqf and pbo files are purely out of dumb luck and following very sketchy step by step instructions from forums.

Lol, although saying that, the server is currently running stable, I have the ai missions script in and also added floor loot spawning (simple I know but to me a complete novice I'm quite proud lol)

Anyway, any advice please on what I'm looking for in the BE scripts, what to add in or remove/comment out?

many thanks in advance.

FozzyBear,

Do it again in game so you get kicked, Make a not of what it says on screen. Something like "Script restriction #10" or something.   Go into your BE folder and look for the .log file that is associated with the kick message (or go to your bec folder and under Log\Config\BeLog) and see what the log file says. Once you have that post back here and I can help you for the next step.

Also take a read of the following very helpful for any BE nooby 

Ta

Sorry I'm an idiot, just realised that you meant to check the BE scripts.log file for the reason for the kick...

Ok, I entered game, purposely got myself kicked underwater trying to loot, got BE restriction kick #41 and the log file shows this report...

#41 createDialog "QuickTake";

{

_magazines = magazinesAmmoCargo _x;

{

_index = lbAdd[1500, getText(configfile >> "cfgMagazines" >> "

What do you guys think?

• 2 months later...

OK, latest you can no longer loot treasure underwater? 

It seems they changed the way loot works in 'containers' when you search they now fall to the floor. this is fine above water but means you can NO LONGER pick up loot UNDERWATER! Please fix this soon or tell me what I'm doing wrong (in this instance .. smarties!) :)

ARMA 3 put a great deal into the 'water game play', it's now quite pointless.

ka0Z

OK, latest you can no longer loot treasure underwater? 

It seems they changed the way loot works in 'containers' when you search they now fall to the floor. this is fine above water but means you can NO LONGER pick up loot UNDERWATER! Please fix this soon or tell me what I'm doing wrong (in this instance .. smarties!) :)

ARMA 3 put a great deal into the 'water game play', it's now quite pointless.

ka0Z

That is an Epoch dev temp fix for an Arma3 issue:

Need Arma3 devs to fix not Epoch devs.