Ai dleivery mission system

Tywin

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Im just wondering why The server files for the new update have not been released yet axe, I mean I no you test for bugs and stuff like that but I run my own server and have join mels house also here in the last 3 days just to see and have spoke with a certain person about this, what really gets me is what he said >>>>> most of the bugs are worked out and we are just waiting on the player base to stay steady<<<<< aka which means not releasing the files on purpose to keep the player base high, now I understand you have a server to run just like me but when my server goes from 40 to 80 on average to like 20 to 30 because of this well you get the point, plus it looks like if im not a official server or a dev server we are just left in the wind to just wait because well we don't matter, also how is it that a non official server or even a dev server has this new update so it looks like we will have to start paying for updated files to get them sooner so we could have a player base. that's my 2 cents just saying

I haven't properly caught up with the rest of the devs for over a week, real life and a very imminent addition to my family. Am still squeezing in a couple of hours a day on the AI and mission system.

If the release is being held off then is for good reason, following the feedback from testing there are bugs that do need dealing with.

Hey Im just wondering why The server files for the new update have not been released yet axe, I mean I no you test for bugs and stuff like that but I run my own server and have join mels house also here in the last 3 days just to see and have spoke with a certain person about this, what really gets me is what he said >>>>> most of the bugs are worked out and we are just waiting on the player base to stay steady<<<<< aka which means not releasing the files on purpose to keep the player base high, now I understand you have a server to run just like me but when my server goes from 40 to 80 on average to like 20 to 30 because of this well you get the point, plus it looks like if im not a official server or a dev server we are just left in the wind to just wait because well we don't matter, also how is it that a non official server or even a dev server has this new update so it looks like we will have to start paying for updated files to get them sooner so we could have a player base. that's my 2 cents just saying

who told you about the bugs being worked out and the player base  staying steady on mells house?

Well To be honest it was a dev and I don't lie, I have never came on any forums and made a post but when I heard that it really pissed me off and just because its mels house server doesn't mean that they are so honest and yes I will say that it wasn't the axe man but another one of his buddys . I am a honest man and a good guy but when I see that not only have alot of us waited very nicely for the update then to happen to jump on there teamspeak just  for shits and giggles and I ask a few questions and get told that about the player base I guess it just makes me mad to hear stuff like that. but thank you to all for all of the responses also makes me feel good knowing that true players really listen, thank you guys.

Well To be honest it was a dev and I don't lie, I have never came on any forums and made a post but when I heard that it really pissed me off and just because its mels house server doesn't mean that they are so honest and yes I will say that it wasn't the axe man but another one of his buddys . I am a honest man and a good guy but when I see that not only have alot of us waited very nicely for the update then to happen to jump on there teamspeak just  for shits and giggles and I ask a few questions and get told that about the player base I guess it just makes me mad to hear stuff like that. but thank you to all for all of the responses also makes me feel good knowing that true players really listen, thank you guys.

No offense, my previous message was not a direct response to you but feeling increasingly agitated by the on-going 'debate' about the new version. Some really skilled guys doing this mod just for FUN and share the output as much as they wish, as frequently as they wish, whenever they wish, and only if they wish.

In the last month or so, increasingly in the last few weeks a group of people started posting things from a entitled position as if Epoch Team owes them a release cycle obligation, taking it to the utter BS level of "you doin this -slow release cycle- cuz u want Mels House to be the big House - don't ya?!".  This is given away for free and only valid feeling option is gratitude.

Edit: I won't discuss whether a dev. said that or not [as I have zero information on the matter] however a discussion on this won't be very fruitful I believe as they do have the license to hold on purpose as long as they want really. It's their free gift and they can give it when they want. We can't hold them accountable for NOT giving us a gift quick enough in line with our expectations.

This type of BS happens every time we are getting close to a release doesn't it? Like I am sure it was the same with Arma 2 Epoch. There is a specific reason they wanted to fill Mells, and if you don't understand that, then oh well. Nobody cares.

I think it's like..if you can't wait, aren't patient enough, or whatever the reason, just move along. Go play something else. These guys don't owe us shit, like zilch, nothing. I for one, appreciate anything and everything they do, and am grateful to be able to play on a free release, whenever they come out. Did I mention this is free? What an incredible environment to be able to play on for free. Thank you devs, I appreciate all your work, always.

EDIT: Sorry to derail the thread..I can't wait to try out this new mission delivery system!!