Epoch Traders now start with building materials for sale

Well..

When I got on a server I was running around for literally weeks and found 2 cinders.

I'd rather have what you got now and go loot to get the krypto to buy them at a trader than run around looking for cinder forever.

Maybe the numbers you are reporting are a bit much though.

Most players want everything handed to them, so guess where a majority of the players will be playing. It's just the way it is now. The current system fits more with the mod being developed, but it's not the way most players want it.

Considering people want to build, and therefore stopping people from doing so isn't the best idea, unless you have a reasonably popular server he traders are going to be empty and then make it worse as its boring to spend hours trying to find some cinder when you could hit some missions, get some guns and money, then go buy all you could ever need.

DPixels here :D Bad idea bro. We dont want server world limits breached on every server in a matter of days now do we. There needs to be a change to bias of building material in loot rather than selling directly from traders imo. Right now, building mats are way too low in spawn rate compaired with gear so that needs a change but selling direct from traders is a cheap and negative way of doing it tbh.

A lot of admins with popular servers wont increase build limit for server performance reasons...

If they're popular then surely some of the players donate, they can always upgrade their hardware.

If the build limit is a problem and the only way to get round that problem is to upgrade, what other choice is there ?

Well..

When I got on a server I was running around for literally weeks and found 2 cinders.

I'd rather have what you got now and go loot to get the krypto to buy them at a trader than run around looking for cinder forever.

Maybe the numbers you are reporting are a bit much though.

yeah, some server have very low loot spawns (even if they are not vanilla and have ground loot). I mean when an admin makes or takes someone else's script for ground loot somehow most of them fuck it up I don't know why that it only spawns some one specific item, and you gotta be lucky if that item is cinder or metal. Some server have shelf kits and other prebuilt building materials spawning. I do not like them. It is stupid, you migh aswell put a whole base into the lootspawn.

yeah, some server have very low loot spawns (even if they are not vanilla and have ground loot). I mean when an admin makes or takes someone else's script for ground loot somehow most of them fuck it up I don't know why that it only spawns some one specific item, and you gotta be lucky if that item is cinder or metal. Some server have shelf kits and other prebuilt building materials spawning. I do not like them. It is stupid, you migh aswell put a whole base into the lootspawn.

Really it depends on the type of server your are running....PVP servers like more loot....PVE players enjoy the hunt.

As the title says was playing on an approved official community server and the traders are selling building mats, a new spawn trader has 50 cinderblocks, 50 metal, 50 morter etc so wqas this planned by the devs or is this modded in by the admins of the server ?

I for one have always felt that the traders only selling what a player sells to them was a bold and great step by the devs and to add build mats to a trader as normal makes the mod a poorer mod.

Hows everyone else feel about this ??

Mendeck

Pretty sure this is to help test the building aspect of the update. Can't test it if its too hard to make a base!

Pretty sure this is to help test the building aspect of the update. Can't test it if its too hard to make a base!

It's a new feature as part of 0.3.0.1, admins can decide what if anything is added and how much stock, by default it's 50 of each for building supplies.

Really it depends on the type of server your are running....PVP servers like more loot....PVE players enjoy the hunt.

And I hate that. Seriously, almost all PVE server have low loot or vanilla style of loot. It jsut pisses me off, it should be the other way round, if you wanna PVP go look harder for weapons. I don't know, maybe not, but I would prefer servers with more balanced loot than no loot at all. I would rather even prefer prestocked traders in some cases.. but admins of servers seem to be kinda clueless on that.

Nobody likes low amount of loot like in early days of DayZ ForeverAlone (patch 0.26 and 0.28)

Stocked traders doesn't seem necessary... seems like it will take a lot out of the game and cause servers to have world limit issues way sooner.

admins seem to prestock traders when they don't know how to make more loot on their servers. If server has decent amount of ground loot, there is no need for stock at all.

admins seem to prestock traders when they don't know how to make more loot on their servers. If server has decent amount of ground loot, there is no need for stock at all.

I suppose servers who want to can, others can as you said change the loot, or both lol.

Stocked traders doesn't seem necessary... seems like it will take a lot out of the game and cause servers to have world limit issues way sooner.

Not if you counter it with increased prices for the materials and the maintenance costs, and decrease the maintenance timer possibly.