Epoch Traders now start with building materials for sale

As the title says was playing on an approved official community server and the traders are selling building mats, a new spawn trader has 50 cinderblocks, 50 metal, 50 morter etc so wqas this planned by the devs or is this modded in by the admins of the server ?

I for one have always felt that the traders only selling what a player sells to them was a bold and great step by the devs and to add build mats to a trader as normal makes the mod a poorer mod.

Hows everyone else feel about this ??

Mendeck

Considering people want to build, and therefore stopping people from doing so isn't the best idea, unless you have a reasonably popular server he traders are going to be empty and then make it worse as its boring to spend hours trying to find some cinder when you could hit some missions, get some guns and money, then go buy all you could ever need.

I feel that bases should be earned and not bought... I think the new Epoch dynamic trader inventory system is a GREAT step away from the A2 unlimited trader supplies system and I would personally hate to see traders spawn/re-spawn in with materials pre-loaded. All that's going to do is result in people killing traders to for the respawn on the next restart and then boom: they'll have a ridiculous amount of building supplies. 

My opinion? Adding those materials to trader spawn-ins would severely screw the balance of the trading system. 

I would rather see the traders just have what others have sold.

1) That's life.

2) You can more easily tell if someone has been around recently by seeing if the inventory has changed.

As far as making it a little easier to get cinders and mortar, etc - definitely don't make it too easy.  Grinding and looting should always be part of the game.

Maybe a rare container find with 10 cinderblocks or so, once per map in a random location?

A step backwards in my opinion, but reading so many posts about people crying over not being able to find loot; oh and so many people saying the devs don't listen to the community; something was going to give somewhere!

Will I avail myself of the opportunity to buy building materials now they are available from start? Yes. Have always used krypto to buy any materials that were sold to traders so will continue to do so.

I agree the dynamism of the traders was one of the many great features of A3 Epoch over the tired loot heavy DayZ Epoch, that made building become a challenge, not a given.

As the title says was playing on an approved official community server and the traders are selling building mats, a new spawn trader has 50 cinderblocks, 50 metal, 50 morter etc so wqas this planned by the devs or is this modded in by the admins of the server ?

I for one have always felt that the traders only selling what a player sells to them was a bold and great step by the devs and to add build mats to a trader as normal makes the mod a poorer mod.

Hows everyone else feel about this ??

Mendeck

I'm sure it will be configurable by the server owner, if you don't like it like that find a server which doesn't have pre-filled traders. There are enough out there.

Whether or not the traders are empty or 'pre-stocked' will only ever help when the server 1st opens it's doors. Within 24 hours, most likely all of those materials will have been bought by the first few people able to rustle up enough vehicle sales to be able to buy them.

In all likelihood, the end results will be the same - early players will get a head start because they played enough to buy all the materials, so all subsequent materials will have to be looted.

As second_coming points out, it will likely be configurable, but I reckon whatever way it goes, you won't find building supplies for sale very often after they first sell out.

I've asked my community how they feel, mixed feelings but a large majority preferring unlimited trading (of non-OP items) over the dynamic system currently in play, which is why I've been tweaking some things, that doesn't matter however.

I suppose its finding a balance between it being very easy to get geared, and the survivalistic theme of Epoch

yeah prestocked trader problem.. I also don't like it. However, there are servers which very low loot spawn so building a base there from cinder is nearly impossible. However I currently play on a server with some tweaked settings, which mean that cinder spawns usually in certain types of buildings (same with scrap metal) so you have to loot still but there is no frustration of trying to find cinder and not finding it anywhere. That's why I always preferred servers with ground loot scripts, instead of vanilla.

But since in 0.3 patch it will be possible to get cinder with a sledge from yellow construction site blocks, it will be more realistic and easier than it is now in vanilla.

NO starting iteams for traders, however they should mix goods around every restart (aliove traders) and give some to freshspawns, but still player sold iteams only. Maybe some extra random stuff sometimes like 5 - 10 cinders, mortars, maybe even lockbox.

NO starting iteams for traders, however they should mix goods around every restart (aliove traders) and give some to freshspawns, but still player sold iteams only. Maybe some extra random stuff sometimes like 5 - 10 cinders, mortars, maybe even lockbox.

Is that no or yes then? :D

Yes traders that have items to trade and then having those items clean up themselves (sold vehicles, etc) is an awful idea.........sarcasm

It will be configurable you can put a 0 in the section or whatever number you want I believe.... don't see a problem with people building bases ....zomg that is soooo op  :lol:

Ok let me put this another way a two man team with a heli go around the server lifting trucks and cars to a trader they sell the cars to make krypto to use in the next step, then kill 10 traders shortly before a reset, so after reset they can then go to the 10 traders and buy 500 cinders 500 metal 500 morter etc and this makes the loot, scavange, survice kind of pointless.

Server admins can already edit the trader files to add and change prices for example the cinders on the server i mentioned are 22 kyrpto each which is nothing.

Ok let me put this another way a two man team with a heli go around the server lifting trucks and cars to a trader they sell the cars to make krypto to use in the next step, then kill 10 traders shortly before a reset, so after reset they can then go to the 10 traders and buy 500 cinders 500 metal 500 morter etc and this makes the loot, scavange, survice kind of pointless.

Server admins can already edit the trader files to add and change prices for example the cinders on the server i mentioned are 22 kyrpto each which is nothing.

If you're referring to the amounts on the test server, it's just that ... a test server. lol?

I dont get why people dont like this?

What do you need to buy cinder................Krypto yes! How do you get krypto.........................by looting buidings and selling the items + missions and killing players .

Why i need krypto if a trader dont sells any good? In patch 0.2.5.2 most traders sells crap items because no one needs them.

I have played the new patch for a good 40 hours and i have to say it is really fullfilling getting building materials from the world (yellow cinder blow + rusted cars).

+ I have to loot around 30 min to get enough krypto to buy 6 cinderblocks and if iam Lucky i find a car and sell it for a good startersbase :)

I think it is great! + server andmins van decide how many items a traders sells at startup so i dont see the problem.

So? This problem you have always with new servers. Free cars and helis everywhere :)

Maybe a better solution for this is to remove every car in the world. If you want a car you need to buy one!

Which is why a lot of servers have static traders with protection zones around them so they can't be killed

I would prefer traders have what players have sold but not at the same location they need to alternate positions.

Try making them move from home work. Its in the epoch configuration. I remember people not finding the traders at their respective dots from it. Or go Hardcore and no one knows wheye your Traders are.

Every trader should start with like... 5 each. 5 or 10 each, for building parts. 50 is a bit much considering i'm playing all Mells house, and they all have 50+, yet the world limit has been reached, which, in my opinion is THE most annoying part of the whole mod. You got some dude with a base that looks like the Titan's, and they only use like... the First floor. It's a little annoying. And my a little, i mean annoying. I can't even make a fire to sleep next to in the forest.

1. This is configurable by host.

2. By editing one string in the epochconfig you can set what items traders are stocked with at start. 

3. Yes you can have it work as previously, this is just an added option.

4. Enabled by default to encourage people while testing to build stuff.