Wait.....whut?

Osiris72

Here is what I feel is going on.. You may agree or disagree but here is my 2 bits....</snip>

I agree, a constant threat but not as deadly. it seems most are in agreement, time will tell, personally l'm looking forward to the new map 0.4.0 brings over anything else.

Amen brother.

I can only speak for myself, but these new features are making me consider a move to another game, and my gaming buddies are saying the same since this latest update.

I've said a thousand times that it's good to have the content as long as server owners can have total control over which content he or she wants activated. Toggle woggle.

Seconded. Apologies if this is not the correct place for feedback from players, rather than server admins. I play on SE Asia servers and have been playing for about three weeks. The other guy I usually play with is probably going to walk away from this mod for the reasons stated above. Finding anyone in my region who speaks English is really difficult...replacing him and the others we've lost is gonna be really difficult.

I hope the devs remember this game is priced to exclude the younger casual gamers (no offense intended) and a lot of the people who play this game are doing so with a short supply of hard-whard-won free time (families, jobs, blah blah blah) and making the game a constant, punishing ordeal of unrelenting rain, stacked antagonist spawns, AI with super ESP/AIMBOT/endless ammo and endless first-aid kits, sappers with even bigger exlosions, sappers with acid attacks that kill you even after you've killed them, ladders that throw you to your death, cars that either explode for no reason or too easily (crashed into a tree/bush), dying because you logged out "too close to a wall"...cut us some damn slack, man. I get that games should be challenging...I get tired of games that are too easy.

Maybe instead of adding content and updates that make the game an infuriating time-suck which just kills you over and over again to the point where actually PLAYING just isn't an option...put some energy into fixing the problems instead of adding more. And remember to change the mod to make it more playable and FUN...cause right now it's neither of those things.

How about something simple like ATM's in traders? I'm gonna get a shallacking from the Fundamentalist Fanboys...but gamers do other stuff besides play Arma 3...don't make that seem like a bad option.

these new features are making me consider a move to another game, and my gaming buddies are saying the same since this latest update.

I've said a thousand times that it's good to have the content as long as server owners can have total control over which content he or she wants activated. Toggle woggle.

Well said and I agree.

For me, the code doesn't represent an "anti-camping" feature anyway. It just runs in a constant loop with some minor adjustments based on soiled/shots fired etc.

No point in being a sniper anymore.

As both an active player and PVP server admin, this has limited the playability of the game for me.

There really should be the option to turn it down or remove it for PVP servers.

It's disappointing the devs couldn't see this latest update being a potential problem.

Well said and I agree.

For me, the code doesn't represent an "anti-camping" feature anyway. It just runs in a constant loop with some minor adjustments based on soiled/shots fired etc.

No point in being a sniper anymore.

As both an active player and PVP server admin, this has limited the playability of the game for me.

There really should be the option to turn it down or remove it for PVP servers.

It's disappointing the devs couldn't see this latest update being a potential problem.

I understand that it's a problem with the server admin not changing the default settting to dial down the everything-on-ragequit-difficulty, but maybe that's just not a good option for a default setting. If people prefer getting gang-banged in torrential rains or missions that are near impossible with no significant loot...then let those guys adjust their server settings for maximum masochism.

Well the mechanics of them spawning out in the middle of nowhere is good for the game and camping in general though I would agree the numbers should be reduced a tad going off what you said. Will jump ingame tomorrow and check it out because I find it hard to believe that the drones call in the super AI so quickly.

No it is not good for the game.  Camping?  This ain't counterstrike.  The thing about Arma is that it provides an environment to play the role you like. It's a big boy game.  One has to use tactics to counter those who choose to play the role of a DM, sniper, etc.  I've heard enough crying from people who can't take getting shot from over a km out, even calling "hax", then cry to the devs to reduce "sniper" rifles because they got killed in one shot.  They cry cause they got shot running down the middle of the street from a building, claim the guy was camping, maybe if it happens to them enough they'll learn some tactics and not do stupid crap.  I've been killed many a time over watching a town when my buddies where looting it because I lost SA.  I changed my tactics to help prevent it from happening again.

Most people learn from mistakes, others qq and never do.    Now some will say well Osiris change your tactics on dealing with the increased AI, well if the AI was not tied to a particular player I would agree but when a drone or sapper spawns in, it doesn't matter if it has line of sight to you...it always knows where you are, you have to deal with it, no evasion.  Now couple that with the shear number that are spawning, I lost count of how many I've killed in a one hour session....I can't even keep enough ammo.   

Another thing I noticed ......

I'd suggest the developers change vehicles that spawn on the map so they cannot be locked by a player.

Only make ones that you buy with crypto lockable from a trader.

Cuz you just created a new troll move.. Go around the map and lock every vehicle you see and nobody can use it but you for 7 days.

Something to think about.

Regardless... They are doing good at adding content but it just needs a bit of tweaking as they go. Hopefully they look at these things and maybe make some changes.  It wasn't fun having 3 drones and 2 sappers just drop down on me.

Another thing I noticed ......

I'd suggest the developers change vehicles that spawn on the map so they cannot be locked by a player.

Only make ones that you buy with crypto lockable from a trader.

Cuz you just created a new troll move.. Go around the map and lock every vehicle you see and nobody can use it but you for 7 days.

Something to think about.

Regardless... They are doing good at adding content but it just needs a bit of tweaking as they go. Hopefully they look at these things and maybe make some changes.  It wasn't fun having 3 drones and 2 sappers just drop down on me.

Don't they unlock after a restart or a couple hours?  I guess maybe that's adjustable?

We've completely turned off the configurable antagonists on our server and there are still 10x more antagonists than with 0.2.5.2 - which is very expensive resource wise. it would be great if there was a server side off toggle and/or max server wide antagonist setting. 

At central spawn with 90+ people on our server last night, the metronomic tempo of sappers exploding could be heard - while a buzzing drone army blotted out the sun...

• 1 month later...

@darth

I use epoch as a base for all my mission scripts, environment and sandbox game play. UAV, and Bloaters are out of my mission scope. Since this isn't a zombie type game anymore a nice feature to turn them down, off or up would be nice.

If I switch up the theme for game play, I want to be able to do these things, and right now it is ruining my current theme. I have specific weapons, uniforms and when uav, bloaters spawn it makes it feel so unrealistic.

Epoch isn't about those 2 things, at all. Its a sandbox environment mod that is going a good direction in my eyes. Keep up the good work, but to run wasteland script, I feel it doesn't work for us Epoch users.

Think of Epoch like MCC sandbox, of missions. But sandbox environment. I do wish they would allow us these options.

and focus on adding in more environment items we can add or remove, like AI mission editors, and a config panel for adding in options based directly inside epoch.

People still today think its all about zombies. Well we have enough of them don't we?

Epoch delivers our group, some great potential for database uses, mod sandbox theme that isn't available out there. It gives us that very chance to script in new ideas and make it a complete PVE, or PVP sandbox theme park we always wished for. I like epoch, for many reasons. Those bloaters, and UAV are not the reason why I use or play epoch.

I am sorry guys but between the fight with the name we can not say and the AI we can not control.........Devs want better control over the game content. As admin on my server I choose a remote place to build. If I am spectating or tabbed out checking something and i forget god mode....Does not matter what you are doing. Does not matter where you are. These drones are insane. At this point you have to tone back any add on AI you have. This is the Developers way of taking back the game. In some ways I can not blame them. Personally I would not mind there AI. On the other hand there gear sucks but they are so deadly? Dont know how a small caliber short ranged weapon is so deadly at such great distance. Silencers dont matter. That is all I use still there they are. As it was said in another thread the drone stays right above you where you cant shoot. Dont get that either in reality I can point straight up....I would say learn to accept the drones, at least until someone in the community can create a way to despawn them as quick as they spawn. Only good thing I have noticed.....is the body armor you have on seems to save you a little. If they dont get that impossible 200m headshot...........