Wait.....whut?

Osiris72

Ah ok, you just misread what i was on about, no worries mate.

replacing the antagonists with better roaming ai dont make it less pve

"a PvP fest with AI missions. I mean if that's what people want their Epoch servers to be like then be my guest. I'm not judging at all"

i think your find thats how most pvp server are setup like lol surely you play on other peoples servers as no one seems to be playing on yours!

Haha! I wish I had time to play on anybody's server. I spend all my time working on my servers or some other related side project.

you ever see a child draw something? everyone is like awww that's cute, great picture very nice!! you are talented little kid!  

When you really thinking wtf is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mellow: , we are only being nice because we really like this kid, and if we are too honest it will upset alot of people like his parents for example! and that is what everyone who is left on the forum or playing epoch is! making the sapper spawn more often isn't the answer to making it epoch more of a threat kinda experience!! those creations lack creativity and imagination! sorry if it upsets some people but that's my opinion and i am sticking with it, we are in a time where animations standard is highly competitive and not just in gaming alone..the sapper looks out dated it makes zombies in A2 look good! 

PS: this is a feedback from a player not a server admin! just thought I would point this out as it seems 90% of people left arguing the case of epoch are server admins and hardly play the game!

Haha! I wish I had time to play on anybody's server. I spend all my time working on my servers or some other related side project.

I'm not sure why no one plays on rogues but I do know without rouges help a LOT of popular servers wouldn't have any players.

Server I currently play on has received help from rouge numerous times and we're all very thankful for his help with the community!

Now if he'd just make one particular script... Lol.

you ever see a child draw something? everyone is like awww that's cute, great picture very nice!! you are talented little kid!  

When you really thinking wtf is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mellow: , we are only being nice because we really like this kid, and if we are too honest it will upset alot of people like his parents for example! and that is what everyone who is left on the forum or playing epoch is! making the sapper spawn more often isn't the answer to making it epoch more of a threat kinda experience!! those creations lack creativity and imagination! sorry if it upsets some people but that's my opinion and i am sticking with it, we are in a time where animations standard is highly competitive and not just in gaming alone..the sapper looks out dated it makes zombies in A2 look good! 

PS: this is a feedback from a player not a server admin! just thought I would point this out as it seems 90% of people left arguing the case of epoch are server admins and hardly play the game!

Fanboys be fanboys. You wont ever change their minds or have any valuble input that will change anything significant. They have a plan and are sticking to it, to paraphrase one of the Developers. You can either do what i have began doing which is spending more time with my family and playing other light hearted games, Wait until final release or it hits the project graveyard like A2, to make your final assessment on the game. Having a negative opinion will only get you retorts like "make your own mod" "we work really hard" "trolflewofle how dare you insult the game" "thread deleted" "banned in some cases because your opinion counts as trolling" "passive aggressive threats, because you have an opinion that differs to the fanboys" The list goes on "or indeed, even being told to fuck off and die"

It's okay tho bro, next patch you get a The Hobbit esque rock monster to play with.

[insert usual suspects dashing in to pipe in on my post and cry im a troll throw some insults before im banned or the post gets deleted or they lock the thread] You folks wonder why peoples leave? You should begin thinking about that.

No plan, no communication and not much encouragement from a big part of the community. -Bad time for a benchmark with another mod.

Btw why would you call your mod Epoch if you don't want people to expect the same like in arma 2 ? Using the famous Arma 2 DayZ Epoch status for this project was a bad idea.

Ours servers PVE and we have all the antagonists at 25% which makes for good gameplay on a PVE server, we also have roaming ai which makes things that little bit harder but the plus side is all our players really only need to worry about the games ai and not the snipers and bambi killers.

I do wish they would hurry up with the next update though as our player numbers have dropped since most of them heard that a server restart will be required after the update so its pointless them scavenging if all their loot and bases are going to be reset?

I'm not sure why no one plays on rogues but I do know without rouges help a LOT of popular servers wouldn't have any players.

Server I currently play on has received help from rouge numerous times and we're all very thankful for his help with the community!

Now if he'd just make one particular script... Lol.

What script is it you're looking for?  The one that magically populates all our servers with players?  If you find one please point me in the right direction!  lol!

Well you can do what I did which was move over their bank accounts manually after the wipe so my population has increased. It's a little more work for me but it makes my players happy that their bank accounts will be fine after the wipe.

No plan, no communication and not much encouragement from a big part of the community. -Bad time for a benchmark with another mod.

Btw why would you call your mod Epoch if you don't want people to expect the same like in arma 2 ? Using the famous Arma 2 DayZ Epoch status for this project was a bad idea.

Could not of put it better myself !

Can we get an additional flag so that we can increase the numbers if a trader is killed? Currently if you kill a trader a UAV is spawned, and in the new version I am guessing 1-3 will spawn or whatever you set the number to be. But I would like a special setting different from standard server settings for trader killers. So if you kill a trader I can have 25-30 UAVs spawn in or have separate group of IA soldiers all set to 10 with 50 cals. 

Killing a trader should be a very scary thing.

Can we get an additional flag so that we can increase the numbers if a trader is killed? Currently if you kill a trader a UAV is spawned, and in the new version I am guessing 1-3 will spawn or whatever you set the number to be. But I would like a special setting different from standard server settings for trader killers. So if you kill a trader I can have 25-30 UAVs spawn in or have separate group of IA soldiers all set to 10 with 50 cals. 

Killing a trader should be a very scary thing.

Bit overkill lol

I know that I felt a bit that way when I first started playing, however:

1) the Sapper is one of their first antagonists since the first release, it's not that bad, and it can be improved.

2) as other antagonists are created, I'm sure Sappers will be less frequent. I'm pretty sure they're working on setting an environment of numerous, unique antagonists, not just replacing a2 zombies with these Sappers. However, people are bitching left and right that they miss zombies and there's not enough of a challenge when looting blah blah so they're reacting to that with what they have in their arsenal right now.

Fanboys be fanboys. You wont ever change their minds or have any valuble input that will change anything significant. They have a plan and are sticking to it, to paraphrase one of the Developers. You can either do what i have began doing which is spending more time with my family and playing other light hearted games, Wait until final release or it hits the project graveyard like A2, to make your final assessment on the game. Having a negative opinion will only get you retorts like "make your own mod" "we work really hard" "trolflewofle how dare you insult the game" "thread deleted" "banned in some cases because your opinion counts as trolling" "passive aggressive threats, because you have an opinion that differs to the fanboys" The list goes on "or indeed, even being told to fuck off and die"

Maybe some of us actually enjoy playing their mod, know that things will change, understand what development actually fucking means, and aren't just straight up dicks with our opinions. Not necessarily calling you a dick yourself, I understand what you mean even if I don't really see it in the majority of posts that support the devs in what they're making, but there are way too many non-constructive flaming posts going on that the people who enjoy and have been enjoying their content since the A2 days feel they need to step up and defend the devs, especially since it makes it hard for the devs to take this forum seriously as they have to sift through a pile of crap to get to anything useful. Unfortunately this leads to trolling, flaming posts on the other side of the spectrum, but what do you expect when people are being disrespectful, douchebaggy, ignorant little children?

(the following is not aimed at anyone in particular)

Keep in mind that these devs could just close up shop and move to something else like IRL shit they probably have been putting aside to appease the playerbase's appetite. I don't think they would do that since they seem to actually enjoy doing what they do and take anything they read on these forums with a grain of salt, which they have to because the majority of feedback lately is just mind numbing bantering and shit talking. If you want the mod to just go away, then why are you here? Because that's where a lot of posts seem to be aimed at. It's almost like some people here have an agenda, like promoting other projects and mods, eh?

These people that seem to think there is nothing redeemable about this mod, why are you even here? Just fucking go play those other mods you keep promoting that you probably haven't even played because... you probably still play Epoch despite your abhorrent reproach.

If you don't like something about the mod, that's absolutely okay, and it is valuable as hell to come here and explain your views and make suggestions to make the game play better. But when you enter post after post after post droning on the same way with the same comments that are filled with nothing but "swag swag I'm a dick, your mod sucks, everyone who actually likes this mod like to suck penises, blah. blah. blah." all you're doing is wasting space. Learn a little social fucking etiquette and maybe you'll see a bit of efficacy in your own posts.

These guys aren't providing a frickin social service, they're a few guys on the internet having fun and trying to provide fun for others. If they stop having fun and find themselves elbow deep in trolls, what's the point in going on?

/rant

I don't know why the Trader AI are not in some sort of God-Mode so they can't be killed.

I can imagine some players who want to troll the server will or have just gone around and killed all the traders.

I think the black dot traders (permanent ones) should have some sort of protection (on my servers they do), however the brown dot ones I don't think so, mainly because they are the mobile ones and wouldn't be given killed event handlers if they weren't meant to, plus, its always good to see movement of traders, repetition gets boring so when traders die and relocate it changes the map slightly.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, what I am seeing is EXACTLY what I was worried about.  Drones and sappers everywhere, it's a PvE game now with the default settings.    Most server admins just leave the defaults with any settings even if it is configurable and it's like pulling teeth to get them to change it...so why not go on the safe side when coming up with the defaults...right now it is ridiculous.

Well, what I am seeing is EXACTLY what I was worried about.  Drones and sappers everywhere, it's a PvE game now with the default settings.    Most server admins just leave the defaults with any settings even if it is configurable and it's like pulling teeth to get them to change it...so why not go on the safe side when coming up with the defaults...right now it is ridiculous.

Not had chance to try 0.3 yet with all the fun in ROK, logging in each day to find my entire base vanished. Are these sappers and AI still only spawning in cities and high loot areas ? Or do they now spawn everywhere ?... like little remote spots where campers hide for hours! If the latter then it sounds like a good thing to me :)

No they will spawn in on you out in the middle of nowhere even if you are moving from point A to B.  

One of my buddies was killed yesterday when a drone called in on him out in the open and immediately the death squad of laser precision AI spawned right in front of him, dead before he could blink.

I'm ok with AI., I mean I run an ALiVE server for my buddies, but it has to be reasonable and not be a thorn in the side.   Yesterday I killed 11 drones in an hour or so session, all I was doing was chopping trees.  I'm running out of ammo fighting them off like flies.