Arma 3 Epoch M14 vs Arma 3 Marksman DLC MK14

Friendly

Remove Arma 3 Epoch M14?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Arma 3 Epoch M14?

Should the Epoch mod remove theirs so that the two guns don't spawn that are so similar? Kinda hurts my feelings to see something people worked on get ignored because Arma 3 Official corporated

it into their own game, not blaming them but I don't think having two of the same guns ingame will really work. I am not saying Bohemia interactive did this intentionally, I am just trying to see what you guys think should happen and maybe get a response from the Epoch Devs on if they are removing it or keeping it.BTqu8fE.jpg

I don't see the point of this ? There's 2 M14s in game currently and one is brown and one green as far as i know

Edit: nevermind, i didn't know Marksmen dlc added M14 too

Ya going to be weird having two differently balanced M14's.

I get where you're coming from but if it's any consolation they didn't actually "make" the M14s in Epoch. They just ported them from A2. Same with the M107 and M4. The M16 they did some colors on but that was pretty much it. I'd rather have the A3 variant myself, just to have the better audio to go with it. The A2 weapons they ported all use the A2 sounds, which kinda sucks really. I'm picky about sound though.

Should the Epoch mod remove theirs so that the two guns don't spawn that are so similar? Kinda hurts my feelings to see something people worked on get ignored because Arma 3 Official corporated

it into their own game, not blaming them but I don't think having two of the same guns ingame will really work.BTqu8fE.jpg

What?

Not that BIS would simply make a gun because they felt like making it. You do know the Marksman DLC weapons were made from Popular vote right? Most of the weapons are mixes, and custom version of existing weapons. I think that keeping both guns will be fine. Why? Because guns. Not only will there be many to choose from, i'm certain that the BIS one will have more options to offer over say, the Epoch version, and guess what? Lets pretend i just found an Epoch M14. I think having this M14 is better than having no gun at all, agree?

What?

Not that BIS would simply make a gun because they felt like making it. You do know the Marksman DLC weapons were made from Popular vote right? Most of the weapons are mixes, and custom version of existing weapons. I think that keeping both guns will be fine. Why? Because guns. Not only will there be many to choose from, i'm certain that the BIS one will have more options to offer over say, the Epoch version, and guess what? Lets pretend i just found an Epoch M14. I think having this M14 is better than having no gun at all, agree?

I said "not blaming them but I don't think having two of the same guns ingame will really work."

Added to Main Post!

I am not saying Bohemia interactive did this intentionally, I am just trying to explain what it might do to the m14 Epoch has Ported over and see what the devs are going to do/say.

I get where you're coming from but if it's any consolation they didn't actually "make" the M14s in Epoch. They just ported them from A2. Same with the M107 and M4. The M16 they did some colors on but that was pretty much it. I'd rather have the A3 variant myself, just to have the better audio to go with it. The A2 weapons they ported all use the A2 sounds, which kinda sucks really. I'm picky about sound though.

Ya that is why I made this poll just to see how many people wanted to keep epochs versions. Just kinda sucks that they took the time to port it and then have to delete it, or at least I dont see having two m14's ingame.

I personally would wait for release of said DLC before deleting anything tbo. M14 is one of my favorite weapons in game so lets see how it performs :P

Same about waiting. But then, if we were to do it now, I'd probably agree with Darth Rogue on this one. Epoch version is a port, BI version maintained by BI. However, Epoch port is free.

Same about waiting. But then, if we were to do it now, I'd probably agree with Darth Rogue on this one. Epoch version is a port, BI version maintained by BI. However, Epoch port is free.

This. It also provides those without the DLC the ability to use a version of that gun, as apposed to if it were removed, there would only be the standard Mk-18 and the DLC "antique" version. I say leave the Epoch version in, so pretty much just wait till the DLC drops.

There are few reasons for using the Arma 3 DLC M14 over the A2 ported one.

1.  The M14 is full auto capable, at the moment it is not in Epoch, right now it's more like a civilian Springfield M1

2.  With the 1.40 update, the muzzle velocities are tied to the weapon, not the magazine and any weapon that does not have a parameter set will revert back to magazine parameters.  Not sure but I'm guessing the Epoch m14 doesn't have this set....maybe a dev can answer that.

3.  Sound of course.

If I were the Epoch team, I'd rename the Epoch m14 to the m1a or something as that is pretty much what it actually is.  That would keep them "separate"

Remove the Epoch M14.  Increase the MK18 spawn to make up for the lack of the Epoch M14 so the non DLC players don't take a hit on 7.62 DMR.

If you want to go gun nerd technical.  The MK18 is an M14 action/barrel in a chassis system instead of a normal stock.  For those interested, google Sage Navy SEAL Grey EBR stock.  Fairly certain that's the one.

There are few reasons for using the Arma 3 DLC M14 over the A2 ported one.

1.  The M14 is full auto capable, at the moment it is not in Epoch, right now it's more like a civilian Springfield M1

2.  With the 1.40 update, the muzzle velocities are tied to the weapon, not the magazine and any weapon that does not have a parameter set will revert back to magazine parameters.  Not sure but I'm guessing the Epoch m14 doesn't have this set....maybe a dev can answer that.

3.  Sound of course.

If I were the Epoch team, I'd rename the Epoch m14 to the m1a or something as that is pretty much what it actually is.  That would keep them "separate"

Yeah, I think that would probably be the better thing to do, just rename it. Honestly though, I don't think there's really a shortage of 7.62 weapons as much as the ammo for them. I usually end up leaving them because I'll use up the whole one or two clips I've found on all the antagonists within 15 minutes or so.

To be honest, i think all the ported weapons need to be removed, and have fresher and higher quality weapons take their place. SR-25 is good, and so is the L-85... Haven't tried any of the other weapons so far. But the M-14 they have now, if it's a name conflict, than i can agree to changing it's name in game. Maybe M-14E or something, E for Epoch..

Well, actually, there is one mod that probably beats all of those. In Quality, and Quantity.

(By beats, i mean it's got alot of the weapons into one great pack)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26428

With this, it's pretty much most of those you posted, except there will be more in the future. What in it now is great, the sounds are great, and the scopes are great. It's actually pretty much the only weapon mod i use, and i'm actually excited for what they'll be adding in 2.0 soon. Would add a great selection to Epoch.