Epoch-Login Finished

horbin

Question

What epoch variable can be checked to determine when a player has completed the Epoch-side of the login/init process.

Seems Epoch is wiping global variables as part of its init, and it is wrecking havoc on my headless client scripts ;)

6 answers to this question

/Edit

I thought about checking for the spawn screen, but since you use it for a HC, this method is useless.

waitUntil{!isNull (uiNameSpace getVariable ["EPOCH_loadingScreen", displayNull])};
waitUntil{isNull (uiNameSpace getVariable "EPOCH_loadingScreen")};
Greez KiloSwiss

Thanks for your input Kilo.  Guess I'm going to go hit the EPOCH code and try and figure out the last global var to get defined.

Initial testing, looks like this code works for the HC too!

My code is now not starting until the EPOCH-LOGIN: Finish! message.

Thanks again Kilo

This is what I'm using:

waitUntil {uiSleep 2; player isEqualTo player}; //At this point, the HC has logged in, but Epoch code will take over and will soon replace the HC unit with Epoch_Male_F
waitUntil {uiSleep 2; (typeOf player) isEqualTo "Epoch_Male_F"}; //At this point, the HC is fully inside the game and inside the cloning lab.

yea, I have been chasing down issues with HC not always starting its scripts. Isolated it to Epoch cleaning the missionNamespace as part of its init.   This really hasn't showed itself until I started moving all the HC scripts out of the mission .pbo to a server side handoff script.

All looks well.  Now back to building instead of T/S :)

On a side note, is it possible to lock the server automatically until the headless client has connected successfully? I find at busy times when the server restarts players manage to log in before the headless client and it makes the headless client take much longer to start up.

Just another heads up horbin.

While reading the thread I stumbled upon this:

[Added] Variable when Loadingscreen finish. (EPOCH_loadingScreenDone change from nil to true)

@Face

You might want to extend the possible ClassNames:

waitUntil {uiSleep 2; (typeOf player) in ["Epoch_Male_F","Epoch_Female_F","Epoch_Female_Camo_F]};
Or more reliable (and probably future proof):

waitUntil {uiSleep 2; {(vehicle player) isKindOf _x}count ["Epoch_Man_base_F","Epoch_Female_base_F"] > 0};
@second_coming

AFAIK locking the server will also prevent the Headless Client from connecting.

Greez KiloSwiss