Release Epoch 0.3.0

Blade_lw

Simply not serious they are people.

Promised at the beginning at the end of January.

Now at the end of the week. Week ended.

Why deceive people?

It's on the dev servers, people are reporting bugs, so the devs fix the bugs :)

You can't really want them to release an update with bugs just for the sake of releasing it ? :lol: nobody is that dumb

I think the main issue here is they are not keeping us informed with the progress of the update. When the time passes of when they say it should come out and it doesn't then someone should come on and give us a little update so we are not just sitting refreshing the page and waiting. I know they have a lot to do but if they have time to stream other games then I think they could take 5 minutes out of there day and give us a little update. Please just tell us what is going on that's all we ask.

I've been playing .3 already on the test servers, and so far only one thing is pissing me off......their insistence on the omission of sidechat. Even just for the duration of the testing period, you really really should have sidechat enabled. 

It's on the dev servers, people are reporting bugs, so the devs fix the bugs :)

You can't really want them to release an update with bugs just for the sake of releasing it ? :lol: nobody is that dumb

YES! RELEASE NOW, SO I CAN COME BACK AND BITCH/COMPLAIN MORE!

/s

Simply not serious they are people.

Promised at the beginning at the end of January.

Now at the end of the week. Week ended.

Why deceive people?

I don't know, maybe they are just having fun trolling the trolls? Or maybe, you know, they don't have enough time to do that because they're working.

I have a feeling that will get lost in translation. Epoch development team working. Epoch development team also have real lives. Epoch development team make mod without charging you. Epoch development team will release patch when they feel it is ready. Epoch development team can guess when this will be, but they cannot make promises because any bugs that are found will push release of patch to a later time.

That wasn't simplified just for the non-native English speaking people here. Someone start copy pasting an automated message already.

As a developer of something myself, I can fully understand why the Epoch devs are hesitant to release the next update even when so much has been added and changed.

With more numerous changes and more complex changes made, you have an exponentially increasing probability of everything blowing up in your face when some unlucky Epoch server encounters that edge case you as a developer didn't encounter or account for during your testing. With every Epoch server and client out there already updated to what's now known as a buggy release, you as the developer get all the blame for not thoroughly testing enough and you have to scramble up a hotfix and release it before your mod dies out because nobody can play it. This is why developers of any software/code/anything always try to (and need to) grow a thick skin to not cave in to user demands to release their updates sooner than they are comfortable with - if a problem happens, it's the developer that gets the blame and the responsibility to fix everything, not the people who pushed for the updates.

If you want to see what happens when something is developed to completion without a strong foundation, you will get something that looks pretty but is ultimately useless for its intended purpose: http://media-3.web.britannica.com/eb-media/88/80588-004-0B5DCB41.jpg

Besides, it's not like there is any critical issues with the current version of Epoch that's crippling everyone's servers. Sure there are annoyances and minor flaws, but all those can and will be fixed eventually.

Does anyone know how it's going so far?  Are they finding bugs that require immediate changes to the .3 release or are things looking pretty good?

There is probably more impatience surrounding this release than normal because of the server wipe that will happen on a lot of servers.

With an impending server wipe, players are reluctant to work on their bases or do too much else. No point in grinding lumber right now, you know?

So we are anxious to get in on the next release.  

There have been multiple bugs found which is causing a delay in the release. Once those get ironed out we should be good. Pretty sure I saw it mentioned that it could be ready by the end of this coming week depending on testing.

But this week already ended and another one started... COME ON!