Release Epoch 0.3.0

Blade_lw

Ye, the wipe on most servers makes ppl so interested in fast realese of the 0.3, me included. I have stopped playing and awaiting untill the 0.3 and wipes comes up, t he only reason is that my base got bugged and dissapeard few days ago and no point rebuilding it untill the wipes.

Hope they fix those few bugs and relese it soon ;-)

Anyway, good job DEVs. I am rly glad for work they do for this community and the game. So only way to appreciate them is stfu and wait for the patch when they ready ;-)

Does anyone know how it's going so far?  Are they finding bugs that require immediate changes to the .3 release or are things looking pretty good?

There is probably more impatience surrounding this release than normal because of the server wipe that will happen on a lot of servers.

With an impending server wipe, players are reluctant to work on their bases or do too much else. No point in grinding lumber right now, you know?

So we are anxious to get in on the next release.  

See this is a HUGE problem ! Used to happen on DayZ Epoch ! You just never wanted to play if you knew a server wipe was going to happen ! Then ofc the longer it takes the more annoyed people get and less interested they become :( 

See this is a HUGE problem ! Used to happen on DayZ Epoch ! You just never wanted to play if you knew a server wipe was going to happen ! Then ofc the longer it takes the more annoyed people get and less interested they become :(

Yup , I am about to pick up my ball and go home too ! :rolleyes:

Actualy the wipes are not the problem since the mod is in alpha stage. Not untill they become too often. It is good for time to time to start from scratch in addition you get clean, lag and bug free server and new features to try ( for example changed building system). And as far as i know the wipe is not needed in 0.3, it is just server communities chose to do so.

Aye, and the 5000 unpopulated servers might drop to like 4500.

Why not combine 0.3 and 0.3.5 and give players more things? everyone who is rushing is probably a server owner and not a player, have you really all got bored of playing epoch and adminig servers is your new thing? it seem like it! there are hardly players other than handful of servers !

I am seeing a server population slowdown because people are anticipating 0.3 and thus don't want invest heavily in a server that is only going to be around for a short time going forward because of the need to wipe the db. 

Basically, the community is on pause until the release. 

I am seeing a server population slowdown because people are anticipating 0.3 and thus don't want invest heavily in a server that is only going to be around for a short time going forward because of the need to wipe the db. 

Basically, the community is on pause until the release. 

There is no wipe needed.

There is no wipe needed.

It's suggested. Kind of like how snow tires are not required, only suggested in Minnesota during the winter - but if you skid off the road and crash it's your own damn fault. 

There are already enough issues and frailty with the redis database system. I don't think our community is willing to risk any unforeseen issues, especially being 0.3 is for the most part being heavily tested on cleanly wiped servers - not legacy configurations. 

It's not legacy - it's the gddmn previous version.

Actually, by that very definition a version update does make the previous version legacy software. Not that your comment added in any meaningful way to the conversation.

Actually, by that very definition a version update does make the previous version legacy software. Not that your comment added in any meaningful way to the conversation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_system

You can't really call current version of Epoch "legacy" - it's THE CURRENT version as of today and IF the new one comes out this weekend it will then be the previous version, not legacy. You can call Arma2Epoch legacy.

My contribution is meaningful - thanks to me you've just learned the correct use case for a term. It is up to you how to use this newly acquired knowledge however.

I can't see any notes in that patch which will  keep most of the player for a long time ig. No fix against the square, practical, shit basebuilding. But this is one of many patches and i guess the 4500 server have to stay empty for a bit :P

Lol we're all just a bunch of smart asses aren't we?

Btw, has anyone noticed rifles disappearing when try to move them into your inventory? I was on mells, found a pelican case up in rafters in a cottage, opened it and found a mk14. Right clicked it to move it into my hands, didn't have a primary yet, and it just disappeared. Not sure if it's a known bug or isolated case.

Got a link for that?

That is something our servers admins heard from devs. (that is what they told us). Well, new building system and such make it better to start from scratch and not have random despawning bases and kabooming cars from old building system;-)