Release Epoch 0.3.0

Blade_lw

No we don't 'need' a time window. They give plenty of info if you stop being lazy and take a quick look for it.

They said they anticipate a release end of this week, but if bugs/fixes are found then it can be put back a day or 2 easily.

I'd prefer to wait for a more stable version than have players complaining and expecting freebies all the time because of a bug.

It's pretty boring changelog, in terms of in-game addon there is hardly anything! it doesn't excite me anymore! why does everyone want to rush patches! I hope the developers take more time releasing more even if it look longer... more of this please

- more building material, more crafting.

- more demons and monks if you not going to do zombies!

No need to rush the patch, its good to take time and make sure its ready to come out, why release something that isn't ready just for people who demand it be out already? I'd rather it work properly then be full of glitches. So Devs, take your time, do what you do best, and can't wait to see the next update :) Lots of little goodies in it by the looks of it!

It's pretty boring changelog, in terms of in-game addon there is hardly anything! it doesn't excite me anymore! why does everyone want to rush patches! I hope the developers take more time releasing more even if it look longer... more of this please

- more building material, more crafting.

- more demons and monks if you not going to do zombies!

The f-- boring changelog, hardly anything... are you high?  They've only changed just about everything and added a fair amount of content.

[Added] Ability to override or add Trader prices "CfgPricing" via the missionConfigFile. 

[Added] Antagonist spawn bias system to better control rarity.

[Added] Wood and cinder base objects now show damage state when over 50% damaged.

[Added] Car Jack item added to every fresh spawned vehicle.

[Added] Can now loot a dead UAV Drone and in return get Electronic components.

[Added] Ability to specify starter items for freshly spawned traders via epochconfig.

[Added] New custom epoch weapons: SR-25 and L85A2 (Grenade Launcher and Pink Painted) by Kiory.

[Added] Vehicle lock time is now stored in hive and will persist across server restarts.

[Added] 3d interaction visuals to show you when an action is available.

[Added] New loot bias system with nestable tables and overall loot balance.

[Added] LootMultiplier in epochconfig, (0.5 default, 1 = high loot, 0.1 = low loot).

[Added] Goldenseal plant can be consumed to reduce toxicity.

[Added] Pumpkin food item can be harvested from pumpkin patches on Chernarus and found randomly.

[Added] Dynamic Air Supply Drop Event. Use smoke grenades to signal.

[Added] Trader mission accessed with "Talk" on trader: Pikes Peak Express.

[Added] Ability to eat raw foods but at the risk of toxicity.

[Added] New items (Rock, Stick, and Rope) for crafting and added to trash loot.

[Added] New craftable primitive melee weapons: Crude Hatchet, Wood Club, Maul Hammer.

[Added] Keesha default character now has shoes.

[Added] Crafting of Rope from Hemp.

[Added] Harvest Sticks from a bush using a Hatchet.

[Added] Mining of Iron Ore and Rocks with sledgehammer.

[Added] Removal with refund of Base building items. Respects Jammer Owner and group.

[Added] Most base building items now use a hybrid Static/Physx system with ghost preview on first placement.

[Added] Epoch Events 2.0. All server time based events moved to server settings pbo. Scripts are executed with execVM using a simple timer. New events and timers can be changed via epochconfig.

[Added] New "Boss" Sapper variant with a larger bang.

[Added] Both Sapper variants put off toxic gas if killed without blowing up.

[Added] Player can now select gender after each death.

[Added] Frequency Jammer now required by default to build a base. Can be controlled with desc.ext mission variable: buildingRequireJammer.

[Added] Building limit (default: 100) added to Frequency Jammer. Change with desc.ext mission variable: buildingCountLimit.

[Added] Building Jammer Range (default: 75m). Change with desc.ext mission variable: buildingJammerRange.

[Added] Hive weather control system as well as Static override var WeatherStaticForecast via epochconfig.

[Added] Trader purchased vehicle position can now be controlled with a smoke grenade or a chemlight within 50m of trader.

[Added] Wood foundations can be crafted with 8x lumber.

[Added] Bornholm Support: Custom a2 building classes for loot spawns and mission file and config support from http://urogaming.co.uk/

[Added] Base building objects now persist damage and armor increased substantially.

[Added] Suppress loot spawn within the range of a Frequency Jammer.

[Added] Blocked base building areas for Chernarus.

[Added] Logging of building, storage, and vehicle killed events to hive log. (StorageKilled, VehicleKilled, BuildingKilled)

[Added] Offroad MG Pickup. (Classname: B_G_Offroad_01_armed_EPOCH)

[Added] Server FPS to the debug monitor. (Max: 50, recommend fps are >15 to keep the game stable)

[Added] Chance to spawn Lockbox and Backpacks in lockers or wardrobes.

[Added] Variable when Loadingscreen finish. (EPOCH_loadingScreenDone change from nil to true)

[Added] Base object interact menu (Remove,Move,Upgrade) shown only in build mode after targeting object with Space Bar.

[Changed] Updated 3d interact system with new icons: Unknown, and Dead Body.

[Changed] Toxicity increase from consuming a toxic food item is now random.

[Changed] Increased default antagonist spawn chances.

[Changed] NPC Trader inventory menu now stacks like items and shows quantity.

[Changed] Players are now sent to the lobby after dead, simply press ok to respawn.

[Changed] Can now sell and buy uniforms from traders.

[Changed] NPC trader data (AI_ITEMS) will now expire in 7 days if no changes are made within that time. Change this with expiresAIdata in epochconfig.

[Changed] Added chance to spawn Lockbox and Backpacks in lockers, wardrobes, shipping containers.

[Changed] Fireplace recipe changed to require 2 Rocks and 1 Stick to make empty fireplace. Then upgrade with 1 Wood Log to start the fire.

[Changed] Player names saved to a separate data set on player connect. 

[Changed] Deathlog now logs distance and position.

[Changed] Sapper brain reworked.

[Changed] Display of personal Crypto balance when opening bank interface.

[Changed] Loot Balance: Lowered heavy muzzles count & increased pistol muzzle.

[Changed] Increased loot bias for Ferris Wheel and corrected z height on loot positions.

[Changed] Improve Cleanup System on Server.

[Changed] Behavior changed on UAV troop support.

[Changed] Dog to glitch less, reduced whines and more chance to wander.

[Fixed] Incorrect text output if trader is at max limit for item.

[Fixed] rvmat texture path issues with Pink L85A2

[Fixed] Mission document payout now uses unified loot spawn function.

[Fixed] Lower example NPC starter items to 50.

[Fixed] Removed developer debug from AH admin.

[Fixed] Accuracy and fire rates of custom ported A2 weapons fixed (M107, AKM, M4A3, M16, M14, M249).

[Fixed] Sharks not spawning off shipwrecks.

[Fixed] Black icons on admin panel spawn menu.

[Fixed] Soiled and Wet calculation corrected.

[Fixed] Pumpkin patches on Chernarus now payout proper loot.

[Fixed] Traders now only allow one vehicle per trade.

[Fixed] Alpha transparency issue with empty clone vats.

[Fixed] Attempt to prevent vehicle damage during server startup.

[Fixed] Removed fireplace sound for now due to Arma issues with sound cleanup.

[Fixed] Frequency Jammer can not be built or placed within 3x Jammer radius. (default 225m)

[Fixed] GUI scale issues with additional button menu (Group Menu, Requests) on inventory.

[Fixed] Missing sounds on Ruger pistol and removed ability to use silencer.

[Fixed] Dupe fixes for backpacks, vests, uniforms.

[Fixed] Player revive did not work even after respawn.

[Fixed] zasleh1_proxy.p3d error with M4A3.

[Fixed] Prevent loot objects from spawning under the ground.

[Fixed] Group kick and mod options did not work.

[Fixed] Cleanup and removal of unneeded rpt debug logs.

[Fixed] Removed spoiler button in Welcome Screen.

[Fixed] Misspelling in debug monitor (crypto).

[Fixed] Welcome screen will be now displayed only once after a major patch (eg. 0.3/0.4/0.5).

[info] Requires Arma version 1.40 or higher.

[info] Updated example server.cfg for 1.40.

Admin Tool:

[Added] Different Map Marker for Vehicles, AI, Player, Loot, Base Building and Dead Player.

[Added] Different 3D Tools for: Player, Vehicles and Loot.

[Added] Features: God Mode, Spawn Loot, Teleport Infront.

Whatchu smokin boy? lol

I am all for having a stable build released, I don't like dealing with bugs either, but at the same time, it would be nice to have an idea of when we can expect it.  Some of us pay for our own servers and do all the setup ourselves.  While others use a host that sets it up for them.  There isn't really anything wrong with doing it either way, I just really don't feel like making 0252 work on arma3 1.40 just to have to rescript the entire thing when the 0.3 server files get released.  Thats the only reason I want an ETA, I know its hard to give one if you aren't sure you can meet that window, however, I also don't expect everything to be perfect, and I am sure most server owners don't.

The Epoch is still in alpha development, we all understand that there will be bugs, and there will probably always be bugs here and there, its a fact of life for arma, I am totally fine with slight improvements perhaps once per month, as long as nothing changes in the database it really wouldn't be that hard to do all the scripting and testing on a desktop at home, then upload everything to the server once everything is reintegrated by the server owners for the latest update.

Maybe try to release epoch updates around the same time frame as major releases for arma 3?

Just my 2 cents.