[Re-release] Admin hunt v0.3

5nine

Does the marker stay over the admin all the time or does it refresh every X seconds?

It refreshes, every 5 seconds if i remember correctly.

After testing this script out, using the built in init file is crap.

use/add the on player respawn files and on player killed file in your mission pbo to ensure add and removal.

However with this script as is the menus double and triple up allowing for multiple spawning in of reinforcements and if mission canceled only the last 3 ai are deleted and the rest kill you. lol

But all in all thanks for the share and I might modify it to work properly and post it up

Yeah it was pretty sloppy put together, I published a new version now, see first post

added to server..dont get a scroll option for the admin hunt :/ <--- ignore

xD i did not forget to put the ID in the admin id part :P

so added admin IDs and still does not work...is this just a mouse scroll option?

Try the new version, it has better code to add the scroll option

Love this idea.... got everything working great but either I am tired and fubared somewhere or it has an issue.  Markers work fine, start and cancel work fine.. but when I select to spawn ai it give the message out but no ai appear.  Then I noticed no ai (AE3AI) attack me anymore they are all friendly.

how could a add group members or just admins so the ai don't attack, so if 2 admins are running the mission their ai wont attack the other admin seems the first one to deploy the ai is the only one friendly to the ai. 

Got everything working but 2 things... the admin map markers do not go away once killed and the mission does not end (probably tied together).  If after dying I restart the mission it works but the old markers do not disappear and then no new markers are placed showing my location.

It refreshes, every 5 seconds if i remember correctly.

Yeah it was pretty sloppy put together, I published a new version now, see first post

Try the new version, it has better code to add the scroll option

Thanks for an update I will test it out and give some feedback.

So far worked ok. No ai spawn in on first attempt. Don't use revive it breaks the script ending.

Anyone had a crack at modifying this to hunt certain players ? activated by trigger or another admin to target someone else.

After a community inquiry it's too OP to do that to a player.

end result will sometimes be admin abuse and admin abuse calling.

I'll stay away from that one

After a community inquiry it's too OP to do that to a player.

end result will sometimes be admin abuse and admin abuse calling.

I'll stay away from that one

I have a nice regular member who is quite vocal about his thoughts, he loves PvP, thinks with less explosives and harder bases it can get boring and he would make a perfect target for such a script :)

My admins on the otherhand are all PvE, they wouldn't enjoy being hunted as much as the guy i have in mind. He wants a bit more excitement and this would do it.

Anyone work out the markers staying after the mission ends.. or for that matter how to make the mission end?  I run it just fine.. everything works but when I'm dead the mission persist and the marker stays until server restart. I've been so busy working on map stuff I haven't had the time to dive into this issue yet.

Anyone work out the markers staying after the mission ends.. or for that matter how to make the mission end?  I run it just fine.. everything works but when I'm dead the mission persist and the marker stays until server restart. I've been so busy working on map stuff I haven't had the time to dive into this issue yet.

Got everything working but 2 things... the admin map markers do not go away once killed and the mission does not end (probably tied together).  If after dying I restart the mission it works but the old markers do not disappear and then no new markers are placed showing my location.

Yes, im terribly sorry about that, i made a mistake when I introduced marker_refreshtime. A fix has been pushed to github

Im currently working on a version that looks at the number of kills a player makes before placing a bounty upon said players head... with different tiers comes different bounties... so say after 5 kills a bounty is placed with a general area last seen sent out. Then if the bandit continues killing, at 7 kills it sends out a new msg indicating a higher reward and updated positioning etc. Bounty only lasts until server restart. Player that kills said bandit gets appropriate compensation as per their level of banditry.

I have a nice regular member who is quite vocal about his thoughts, he loves PvP, thinks with less explosives and harder bases it can get boring and he would make a perfect target for such a script :)

My admins on the otherhand are all PvE, they wouldn't enjoy being hunted as much as the guy i have in mind. He wants a bit more excitement and this would do it.

This can easily be done and I would gladly do it just press the spoiler below and donate what you think it is worth:

Just kidding, got ya!

In all seriousness, I cant think of a way to give a certain player the scroll action unless you add his GUID to a list, but that would be a pain.. Maybe something you can choose to do with your freq jammer? And also add a cost to it? Give me some ideas!